Why do real men buy flowers?

Flowers are given to women by men to show the woman how beautiful they are to the man.

They also show the woman that when she wilts and becomes less attractive, she will be thrown out and be replaced by another beautiful flower.

do partners of gay men bring them flowers?[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450Unsb5BCw]YouTube - Barbra Streisand Neil Diamond - You Don't Bring Me Flowers[/ame]

One of two reasons:

1) Ringel05 is correct... they want to get lucky.

2) They know that they are in deep shit with the lady and they want to buy their way out.

Come to think it, number 2 is the same thing as number 1. :)

Immie

im a big fan of giving flowers during the year other than valentines day. it's more spontaneous without a hallmark holiday reminder. Also, mixing it up a bit instead of buying red roses all the time is a winner too.

im a big fan of giving flowers during the year other than valentines day. it's more spontaneous without a hallmark holiday reminder. Also, mixing it up a bit instead of buying red roses all the time is a winner too.

Good for you!

The most romantic thing sent to me was a planter. They last longer than flowers too.

And you are correct about the spontaneous part, nothing thrills a girl more. And you get extra bonus points if you send it to where they work, so the other chicks are green with envy! ;)

i gave a couple gals potted plants back in college... meh.. I wasn't really a big fan. Unless they are just horrible at keeping plants alive it becomes almost a collection. The previous effort needs to wear off before the latest effort can be fully appreciated.

i gave a couple gals potted plants back in college... meh.. I wasn't really a big fan. Unless they are just horrible at keeping plants alive it becomes almost a collection. The previous effort needs to wear off before the latest effort can be fully appreciated.

Hell, I could barely grow 2 tomatoes this summer, so if this plant makes it to May I'll feel lucky.

Ikebana-Samurai-s.jpg

Years ago I read that orthodox jewish men bought flowers for their wife on the way home from work on friday afternoons.

It sounded like a good idea.

So now I give my wife flowers every friday.

From your link:
And that's what flowers are, just a simple, easy way of letting someone know they were in your thoughts. That's it. It's not complicated. Flowers announce: out of sight, still in my mind and heart. It is unerringly human to want to know that someone is thinking about you when you are not around.
Women may think that but men only get you flowers for one reason:

To get in your pants.

A blonde and a brunette are sitting on a park bench talking about their horrible boyfriends when the brunettes boyfriend walks past and hands her a dozen red long stem roses.
Once he is gone the brunette turns to the blonde, sighs, and says "I can't stand him! Now he is going to expect me to stand on my head all night with my legs spread apart!"
Then the blonde looks at the brunette with a confused expression and says "Why? Dont you have a vase?

Young girl says " Mummy, I know where babies come from!". Her mother replies " Where`s that then sweetie?" Girl says " Mummy & Daddy take their clothes off & Daddy's thingy sort of sticks out and Mummy puts it in her mouth and sucks it and thats how you get babies!".............. Shaking her head her Mother says " Oh darling thats so sweet, but thats not how we get babies, thats how we get flowers...and chocolates and jewellery!"

Flowers are given to women by men to show the woman how beautiful they are to the man.

They also show the woman that when she wilts and becomes less attractive, she will be thrown out and be replaced by another beautiful flower.

Ouch..........:redface:

Forum List

Back