Why do people post in the political threads?

Vanquish

Vanquisher of shills
Aug 14, 2009
I found this forum several weeks back and started posting in the political/healthcare/media threads. But I've stopped. (It's no big loss :razz: )

I came back today to find the same lack of logic, same partisan fighting, same insults and it makes me wonder...Why do people post in the political threads?

It can't be for the challenge - because you're not really debating anyone or winning the threads

It can't be to convert people - because no one here listens or changes there opinions based on other's posts

The only thing I can think of is some sort of mental masturbation where you think you're winning or venting or wanting to see if there are more people like you out there.

What do you think?

I found this forum several weeks back and started posting in the political/healthcare/media threads. But I've stopped. (It's no big loss :razz: )

I came back today to find the same lack of logic, same partisan fighting, same insults and it makes me wonder...Why do people post in the political threads?

It can't be for the challenge - because you're not really debating anyone or winning the threads

It can't be to convert people - because no one here listens or changes there opinions based on other's posts

The only thing I can think of is some sort of mental masturbation where you think you're winning or venting or wanting to see if there are more people like you out there.

What do you think?
I think you have many different people on these forums that have many varied reasons for posting in them. Some are just political hacks, some here for understanding the mindset of the enemy, you meet people you like regardless if they are like you or not, for venting I have found it good therapy at times, overcoming boredom, the laughs.

Just like any place you can congregate and meet different people to learn only you do not have to smell their bad breath.

I do it as a way to help me keep informed. I can debate and refine my opinions in a way that wihtout challenge to them I would be hard pressed to reproduce.

One has to remember the brick brains on here who never change their minds no matter what the facts say are not the only ones watching.

Go to the "whos on line" at any time. Tons of people are looking and not participating.

What do you think?

its fun to give your opinion and argue.

I do it as a way to help me keep informed. I can debate and refine my opinions in a way that wihtout challenge to them I would be hard pressed to reproduce.

One has to remember the brick brains on here who never change their minds no matter what the facts say are not the only ones watching.

Go to the "whos on line" at any time. Tons of people are looking and not participating.

i love irony.

I think you spelled that wrong.

Ironing , because anyone as fact devoid as you surely cant even grasp what Irony is.

What do you think?

I do it mostly because I get my jollies telling people who take this shit seriously to fuck off.

PS: Fuck off. :tongue:

Forum List

Back