CDZ Why do people hate Gays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like an obsession with some. Why is it so important to deny this small group of people rights that the rest of us take for granted.

Live,love and go about your business in peace.

The rhetoric is cruel,dehumanizing, hateful and tends to mark out the hater for what they are.

I can think of several reasons, fear,ignorance, inherent character flaws, selective religious intolerance.

But it still doesnt explain it to me fully.

Why do people hate Gays ?

Sorry for your post......people don't hate gays.......they believe that marriage is between the opposite sexes.....that's all. Then the gays use the government to force compliance with their desire to be accepted.....bringing fines, and the threat of jail ....and then they wonder why people get annoyed....

I'm pro-gay marriage, but understanding what conservatives are talking about doesn't require much intellectual elasticity.

A screamingly obvious example are gay pride parades, where it's not terribly difficult to understand that decency laws are being (at least) stretched just to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent.

An honest conversation on this topic does require honesty.

My hope is that, once time has gone by and gays have access to marriage, they'll calm down and stop behaving like this.
pride-3.jpg

2625425700_85917b9fb1_o.jpg
Ok, there are some flamboyant gays....but are you going to ignore the flamboyant straights?

Flamboyent Straights are just arrested.....

The only reason anyone would hate a class or group of people is because they actually hate what that class or group is or stands for.
Then you have to ask yourself, what about men being with men; or women being with women stirs you to hatred?

The only reason anyone would hate a class or group of people is because they actually hate what that class or group is or stands for.
Then you have to ask yourself, what about men being with men; or women being with women stirs you to hatred?
Oh my gawd, I almost hurt myself laughing at the sig you currently have...

it's priceless, no? I love that! :)

Its like an obsession with some. Why is it so important to deny this small group of people rights that the rest of us take for granted.

Live,love and go about your business in peace.

The rhetoric is cruel,dehumanizing, hateful and tends to mark out the hater for what they are.

I can think of several reasons, fear,ignorance, inherent character flaws, selective religious intolerance.

But it still doesnt explain it to me fully.

Why do people hate Gays ?

Sorry for your post......people don't hate gays.......they believe that marriage is between the opposite sexes.....that's all. Then the gays use the government to force compliance with their desire to be accepted.....bringing fines, and the threat of jail ....and then they wonder why people get annoyed....
Shhhh...saying they annoy you is a hate crime..and violates their right to not be despised...

wait...that's not a right!!

Then the gays use the government to force compliance with their desire to be accepted

As a Christian, I believe it is in our best interest to follow God's law and not man's.
THAT being said, the USA is governed by man's laws.
Since all religions are to be accepted and able to be practiced in the USA, then, that pretty much opens the door to everything.

I think it's unfair to state that "gays use the Government to force compliance" - homosexuality is more common place, and, in their view, they are equal and should not be discriminated against or not be afforded the same rights.

If we are to live in the USA, we have to submit ourselves to the laws that are in place, fight them, or go elsewhere.
Hating those who believe they have rights and fight for them (and get them) is not the solution.

well, in this day and age, I'm sure suing a baker out of business because they wouldn't bake them a cake. and every week it's something else, this week it's Bathrooms. so they're bringing it on themselves or those who are using them for all this dumb stuff, like using a damn bathroom isn't helping in people "Liking" them more. nobody hates homosexuals anymore or any less. and you can add this thread as to another reason it's not helping. We are constantly being beat over the head about the poor poor poor pitiful things

Changing the law of nature is a conscience decision for sake of personal gratification

What laws of nature have you in mind that "someone" is altering? Last I checked, laws of nature aren't alterable.
As goes the specific question asked in the thread title, in addition to the content provided in post #2, it appears there has been additional research into exactly that question:
The short of the study above is that right wing authoritarianism is a key determinant of prejudice of several sorts. Not exactly a surprising discovery, but it's nice to know that at least something that seems obvious to most folks has now been been shown via rigorous examination (scientific methodology) to actually be so.

I hate anybody who tries to force me to endorse things against my will.

Then the gays use the government to force compliance with their desire to be accepted

As a Christian, I believe it is in our best interest to follow God's law and not man's.
THAT being said, the USA is governed by man's laws.
Since all religions are to be accepted and able to be practiced in the USA, then, that pretty much opens the door to everything.

I think it's unfair to state that "gays use the Government to force compliance" - homosexuality is more common place, and, in their view, they are equal and should not be discriminated against or not be afforded the same rights.

If we are to live in the USA, we have to submit ourselves to the laws that are in place, fight them, or go elsewhere.
Hating those who believe they have rights and fight for them (and get them) is not the solution.

Bakers should not have to make cakes if it is against their religious beliefs....protecting a competing Rights needs to follow the concept of doing the least harm......forcing religious people to violate their fFrst Amendment right to freedom of religion trumps the right of a gay couple to compel them to bake a cake for a wedding.

We live in a country where we have to abide by the laws or be punished.
Not much choice.
Jail, fines or follow the law.

You never HAVE to endorse anything, you just might have to pay a price for not doing it

Not much choice.

You never HAVE to endorse anything, you just might have to pay a price for not doing it
Our constitution provides that when the laws are in violation of the constitution, we are obligated to break the law.

That's my choice. I'm not abiding by unconstitutional laws when they are passed. If they pass a law that says I am not allowed to believe that perversion is ungodly, I'm going to continue to believe and state that it is. Because such a law violates my right to believe as I please, and to openly state my beliefs.

Because gays dont go about their business. They feel compelled to demand overt endorsement and support in every setting and from every group, and they think they should be able to dictate the terms of faith to people. Live your own lives. I dont particularly care what you do...but don't do it in public, then insist everybody applaud.
Are you talking about people demanding they be treated like everyone else? I think you forgot there were laws against being gay. There is still discrimination. Typically when those things occur you are going to get demands and demonstrations. This isnt a question of what came first. We all know discrimination came first. Here is a tip. Dont discriminate and the groups demonstrating will quietly fade into the background.

Not much choice.

And that is what democrats told blacks when they tried to vote and wanted to sit at the front of the bus..............

Not much choice.

Our constitution provides that when the laws are in violation of the constitution, we are obligated to break the law.

That's my choice. I'm not abiding by unconstitutional laws when they are passed. If they pass a law that says I am not allowed to believe that perversion is ungodly, I'm going to continue to believe and state that it is. Because such a law violates my right to believe as I please, and to openly state my beliefs.
Then you shouldnt feel surprised when gays demonstrate and throw their gayness in your face.

Last edited:
Not much choice.

And that is what democrats told blacks when they tried to vote and wanted to sit at the front of the bus..............
And those same democrats later begin voting republican

Not much choice.

That is not true. The racist democrats stayed racist........robert byrd, a racist, stayed a democrat...dittos bill clinton's friend and political mentor j. william fulbright and al gores father.

barak obama stayed racist and a democrat as did his pastor, reverend wright...another racist democrat......

Racism is found in the democrat party...it is the prime motivator of the democrat party....

Republicans.....could not care less about race......democrats...are obsessed with race...

Not much choice.

Precisely. IT'S THE LAW, YOU MUST ABIDE THE LAW OR GET ATTACKED BY DOGS, BEATEN BY COPS, ARRESTED AND IMPRISONED!

m-3767.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Not much choice.

That is not true. The racist democrats stayed racist........robert byrd, a racist, stayed a democrat...dittos bill clinton's friend and political mentor j. william fulbright and al gores father.

barak obama stayed racist and a democrat as did his pastor, reverend wright...another racist democrat......

Racism is found in the democrat party...it is the prime motivator of the democrat party....

Republicans.....could not care less about race......democrats...are obsessed with race...
Actually it is true. Not all racists switched but the vast majority did. Thats documented fact. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back