CDZ Why do people hate Gays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Its like an obsession with some. Why is it so important to deny this small group of people rights that the rest of us take for granted.

Live,love and go about your business in peace.

The rhetoric is cruel,dehumanizing, hateful and tends to mark out the hater for what they are.

I can think of several reasons, fear,ignorance, inherent character flaws, selective religious intolerance.

But it still doesnt explain it to me fully.

Why do people hate Gays ?

Because gays dont go about their business. They feel compelled to demand overt endorsement and support in every setting and from every group, and they think they should be able to dictate the terms of faith to people. Live your own lives. I dont particularly care what you do...but don't do it in public, then insist everybody applaud.

Because gays dont go about their business. They feel compelled to demand overt endorsement and support in every setting and from every group, and they think they should be able to dictate the terms of faith to people. Live your own lives. I dont particularly care what you do...but don't do it in public, then insist everybody applaud.
Of course we go about our business. You want us back in the closet and it just isn't happening. So you find THAT to be the objectionable thing....

Could you give examples of this. I dont see it.

Koshergirl, I think you are being a bit harsh. Your view is a common one, but if you will recall, the Emancipation Proclamation was issued in the 1860s, sadly without enforcement. So for about 100 years, those affected quietly waited for the promised full citizenship, and when patience ran out and folks of color, joined by supporters of all stripes, got rowdy, the first defense against them was to complain about the 'demand for overt endorsement' (read "special rights") voiced by those pushy students and lunch counter eaters and voter registration workers and bridge crossers that didn't 'go about their business'. So historically the gay fight for equal rights by demand of overt endorsement is the route they have to take to stop being castigated as sub human.

I'm pro-gay marriage, but understanding what conservatives are talking about doesn't require much intellectual elasticity.

A screamingly obvious example are gay pride parades, where it's not terribly difficult to understand that decency laws are being (at least) stretched just to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent.

An honest conversation on this topic does require honesty.

My hope is that, once time has gone by and gays have access to marriage, they'll calm down and stop behaving like this.
pride-3.jpg

2625425700_85917b9fb1_o.jpg

I'm pro-gay marriage, but understanding what conservatives are talking about doesn't require much intellectual elasticity.

A screamingly obvious example are gay pride parades, where it's not terribly difficult to understand that decency laws are being (at least) stretched just to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent.

My hope is that, once time has gone by and gays have access to marriage, they'll calm down and stop behaving like this.
pride-3.jpg

Ok, there are some flamboyant gays....but are you going to ignore the flamboyant straights?

pride-3.jpg

Ok, there are some flamboyant gays....but are you going to ignore the flamboyant straights?
Well, I can't think of straight pride parades, where heterosexuals are there to demonstrate nothing other than who they have sex with.

And flamboyant straights, indeed, are every bit as annoying...

Its like an obsession with some. Why is it so important to deny this small group of people rights that the rest of us take for granted.

The rhetoric is cruel,dehumanizing, hateful and tends to mark out the hater for what they are.

I can think of several reasons, fear,ignorance, inherent character flaws, selective religious intolerance.

Using the word hate does not add any emphasis. If you think their/my opinions are wrong... calling it 'hate' is not a slam dunk making it wrong.

Changing the law of nature is a conscience decision for sake of personal gratification

I don't hate gays, in fact, my sister in-law divorced her husband and chose to be a lesbian. Screwed her kids up by doing so. I would come to the aid of a gay if they were injured or attacked. Those actions don't equate to hate

I am of the position that if someone wants to have sex with a chicken, knock yourself out. But when you want benefits or traditional marriage as a result of the union with said chicken, that is where I draw the line

-Geaux

pride-3.jpg

I think mac is right, bo. Almost everyone I know is pro-gay equality, but is very uncomfortable viewing gay sexual exposure. Heck, I'm uncomfortable at seeing hetero sexual exposure. There are many gays with a lot of class who lobby for job and military equality, yet I wonder how much support is gained by those being publicly offensive. Is the 'feel good' one gets from shouting in-your-face reality after escaping the closet worth the possible negative effects?

I don't think a majority actually hate gay people. They just might not approve of their lifestyle.
But I will say the intolerance and force that comes from the LGBTqdrchutop community makes it worse.
Just my opinion, of course.

Could you give examples of this. I dont see it.

Baker forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit | Fox News

Gay Group Demands Christian Churches Be SHUT DOWN for Opposing Same-Sex Marriage | Restoring Liberty

“California Exodus” Takes Aim at Public Schools - Research - Chalcedon

Btw, in the cdc a modicom of honesty is expected.

Kosher is right. LGBT would do better if they would dial back on the gay pride marches and keep the pics of 2 gay men kissing after getting married out of the newspapers.

Koshergirl, I think you are being a bit harsh. Your view is a common one, but if you will recall, the Emancipation Proclamation was issued in the 1860s, sadly without enforcement. So for about 100 years, those affected quietly waited for the promised full citizenship, and when patience ran out and folks of color, joined by supporters of all stripes, got rowdy, the first defense against them was to complain about the 'demand for overt endorsement' (read "special rights") voiced by those pushy students and lunch counter eaters and voter registration workers and bridge crossers that didn't 'go about their business'. So historically the gay fight for equal rights by demand of overt endorsement is the route they have to take to stop being castigated as sub human.

People have the right to their own opinions. It is not the job of the feds in our country to punish them for their opinions, or penalize them for failing to.endorse a lifestyle they don't want to endorse.

I posted this in another thread-
I support equal rights for gays, and when it comes to marriage they already have them. Marriage is, and for the most part always has been defined as the union between a man and a woman. Them just facts. There is no legal requirement in marriage for love, there is no legal requirement in marriage for sexual orientation. If a gay guy and a lesbian woman want to get married they can. Remember, equal rights. My guess it has problem happened. And if we decide to alter the traditional definition for marriage- allow gay men or lesbian women to marry one another- then that right must be extended to all people, not just the LGBT crowd. Yep, any dude can marry any dude, or any chick can marry any chick. It doesn't matter a great deal to me either way, but let's be clear on what we have now, and what we will have if we alter the definition of marriage.

(1) What do you mean, "hate"? Is persecution of "gays" a serious problem in this country? Is discrimination against "gays" a serious problem? Household income for co-habiting gays is higher than it is for co-habiting hetero's.

(2) In order to take an overt action against a "gay" person you would have to know that they are "gay." How would anyone know that someone else is "gay"?

(3) Every major religion in the world teaches - and has taught for millennia - that homosexual sodomy is morally wrong. Is it "bigotry" to believe what people have believed for thousands of years?

(4) Hate the sin; love the sinner. Isn't this good enough?

(5) Why do "gay activists" get more excited about a Christian baker declining to make a cake for a "gay" wedding than they do about Islam, which teaches that "gays" must be stoned to death?

(6) To a typical heterosexual man, the very idea of buggering another man or sucking his cock is disgusting and literally nauseating. Is it any wonder that a normal, heterosexual man would be "uncomfortable" with another man who overtly expresses his desire to do these things? In order to be tolerant one simply tries not to think about the disgusting things the "gay" couple next door does when the lights are out.

(7) Why must the entertainment industry thrust upon us the vision of a world where about a fourth of the population is gay, when the fact is that fewer than 2% of the American adult population identifies as homosexual, and more than half of that 2% are women?

(8) Suffice it to say that anyone who "hates" other people that they have never met is a moron whose opinion is not worthy of consideration.

My only objection to homo marriage was that marriage is a religious sacrament to most people...and I knew that the homosexual fascists would use it to eliminate religious freedom and violate the constitution. And that is exactly what they have done.That's what you get for making mentally ill.people a protected class, and demanding that they be treated as if they are sane.

pride-3.jpg

I think mac is right, bo. Almost everyone I know is pro-gay equality, but is very uncomfortable viewing gay sexual exposure. Heck, I'm uncomfortable at seeing hetero sexual exposure. There are many gays with a lot of class who lobby for job and military equality, yet I wonder how much support is gained by those being publicly offensive. Is the 'feel good' one gets from shouting in-your-face reality after escaping the closet worth the possible negative effects?
Thanks.

If they organized a Straight Pride parade, and included in the parade was some tattooed-up, barely-clad, silicone-stuffed stripper gleefully licking the end of a 12-foot carpeting strip shaped like a dick, I'd be more than pleased to see one of our friendly police officers clearly and carefully informing her that if she came close to continuing like that, he'd be more than happy to provide her with an all-expenses-paid evening in the pokey with (no doubt) many of her friends.

I don't care what the issue is. You can usually easily identify rampant intellectual dishonesty and over-the-top messaging that damages constructive, honest conversation. In this very thread, there is a poster who says he "doesn't see" annoying public behavior by gays. Really? I'd love to see us get past that. Someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back