Why do men reject God?

I said that it is stupid to conclude that there is no God given the fact that what we know about reality amounts to next to nothing
I don't disagree! I just think trying to posit anything about gods at all Is utterly absurd...no different than positing anything about eagles' personal thoughts on strawberry pancakes... Complete folly
If you don't disagree that is stupid to conclude that there is no God then you are disagreeing with yourself to exclude the possibility that you cannot perceive a higher intelligence because you are just too small minded, trapped by your ego into thinking that anything that you cannot see must not exist. Probably because you are such a brilliant baboon, your stench must be irrelevant. Perfect logic! A holy God would come out of his resting place to kiss my stinky ass if he really existed. Right? Utterly absurd to suggest otherwise... uh huh.

BTW have you won over many converts, sahib, with your message of no god, no way to know the truth, no right or wrong smooth and easy path to a fools paradise?

Baboons know we exist. They see us.

What you are talking about is an all-powerful being who refuses to allow 99% of humanity to see any proof, hides their existence carefully, and sends messages through a handful of carefully picked messengers, and then is upset when everyone doesn't listen.

If there a God, he can be proud of the intellect he gave. I used it to reject superstitions.

Baboons see us but do they understand what they see? Do you have any way to teach them what you are all about?

When was the last time you went out of your way to comfort and communicate with a lonely baboon?

Never?

But If you saw one driving a car you would most likely want to investigate...true?

What so hard to believe that superior intelligences would seek out unique baboons to break it down for their own kind even if they only came around once every thousand years?

The question is, would I want to comfort and communicate with only ONE lonely baboon. And demand that they tell their friends, but I wouldn't let their friends see me. The friends have to take it on faith.

The amusing thing is, like many discussions of this type, the same people who demand absolute proof from science offer absolutely none for their own side of the discussion. On one side it must all be explained in detail, and on the other the standard "we don't know everything" should suffice.

Its not about we don't know everything. Superior intelligences not of this world communicated with out ancestors and gave them instructions on how to maintain purity of mind in order to avoid mental illness and become more highly refined and advanced creatures capable of communication with higher intelligences so that our experience of life on earth might become infinitely better instead of everyone running amok in chaos devouring one another like wild animals, all for a handful of shiny objects. Thats what they reported.

The information is available to anyone who cares to look into it, the proof of God and a more highly advanced sphere of living beings can only be delivered to the people who do it, conform to the instruction given in the law. Its never been a secret that the law was given as a light to the nations.

If the vast majority of people never see God, its only because the vast majority of people are not even trying. They are too busy worrying about whats for dinner or what to wear or telling each other ghost stories like children sitting around the dim light of a dying campfire in the middle of a long cold and windy moonless winter night.

Whats the problem with clearing out the garbage that has accumulated in your own mind over the years? Seriously. Its not like I am telling you what to think or what to believe. Some people act like I asked them to drink poison or to circumcise themselves...but they'll do it for their computer regularly so its works better. Sheesh if digging into the depths of their own mind is so frightening, they should probably have started yesterday instead of wasting precious time trying to find fault in me for suggesting such an outlandish thing.

Last edited:
I said that it is stupid to conclude that there is no God given the fact that what we know about reality amounts to next to nothing
I don't disagree! I just think trying to posit anything about gods at all Is utterly absurd...no different than positing anything about eagles' personal thoughts on strawberry pancakes... Complete folly
If you don't disagree that is stupid to conclude that there is no God then you are disagreeing with yourself to exclude the possibility that you cannot perceive a higher intelligence because you are just too small minded, trapped by your ego into thinking that anything that you cannot see must not exist. Probably because you are such a brilliant baboon, your stench must be irrelevant. Perfect logic! A holy God would come out of his resting place to kiss my stinky ass if he really existed. Right? Utterly absurd to suggest otherwise... uh huh.

BTW have you won over many converts, sahib, with your message of no god, no way to know the truth, no right or wrong smooth and easy path to a fools paradise?
I never excluded the possibility. Pay attention, shaman! Put down the crystal ball and read the words I type!

I never excluded the possibility. Pay attention, shaman! Put down the crystal ball and read the words I type!

I did great one!

You claimed that I said that there must be a god because we know so little. Thats why I corrected you.

Please forgive me for my insolence general strangerthanfiction..

I believe this guy nailed it. In fact. I once asked the question...If there was proof that God was real, would you worship Him? Most people said no, and gave reasons similar to the ones in the OP. As you can see, disbelief is not the result of rational thought, but emotion.

by Wayne Jackson
Most people in the world, throughout the ages of history, have believed in some concept of a Supreme Being. They may have had a perverted sense of Who that Being is, but they were convinced that there is a Personal Power greater than man. Given the evidence available, faith is reasonable. That is why the psalmist declared: “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God” (Psalm 14:1). The Hebrew word for “fool” suggests one who is not thinking rationally.

Since unbelief is neither reasonable nor the norm, one cannot but wonder why some people become atheists. I am convinced, after reflecting upon the matter for many years, that religious disbelief does not result from logical conclusions based on well-researched data. Rather, generally speaking, emotional motivation of some sort is a primary causative factor.

Consider the following case. In 1996, Judith Hayes, a senior writer for The American Rationalist, authored a caustic, atheistic tirade titled: In God We Trust: But Which One? In this treatise, Mrs. Hayes revealed two clues as to why she left the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) and became an atheist.

As a youngster, she had a friend who was a Buddhist. Judith was very close to “Susan,” and she simply could not tolerate the idea that her friend, who did not accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God, might be lost apart from the biblical redemptive system.

So, rather than carefully examining the evidence to determine whether or not the claims of the Lord (as set forth in the New Testament record — see John 14:6; Acts 4:12) are true, she simply decided, on an emotional and reactionary basis, that Christianity could not be genuine.

Eventually Judith married, but the relationship degenerated. Mrs. Hayes claims her husband was verbally abusive. Again, though, instead of considering the possibility that she might have been responsible for having made a bad choice in her marital selection, or that her husband decided on his own volition to be abusive (in direct violation of divine teaching — Ephesians 5:25ff), she blamed God for her disappointment.

“[H]ow could I possibly have wound up married to a tyrant? Why had God forsaken me?,” she wrote (1996, p. 15). God did not forsake her. He honored her freedom of choice, and that of her husband as well. Human abuse of that freedom is not the Lord’s responsibility.

The infidel William Ernest Henley (1849-1903) was known principally for his skeptical poem, Invictus. As a youngster, Henley contracted tuberculosis, and had to have one foot amputated. He suffered much across the years and became quite bitter. He wrote:

In the fell clutch of circumstanceI have not winced or cried aloud.Under the bludgeonings of chance,
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

His disbelief, however, was emotional, not intellectual.

The late Isaac Asimov once wrote: “Emotionally I am an atheist. I don’t have the evidence to prove that God doesn’t exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn’t that I don’t want to waste my time” (1982, pp. 6-10, emp. added).

In one of his books, Aldous Huxley acknowledged that he had reasons for “not wanting the world to have a meaning.” He contended that the “philosophy of meaningless” was liberating. He confessed that the morality of theism interfered “with our sexual freedom” (1966, p. 19). This is hardly a valid argument for rejecting the vast array of evidence that testifies to the existence of a Supreme Being!

Here is an important point. When men have motives for resisting faith in God, and when — out of personal prejudice — they are predisposed to reject the Creator, they become “ripe” for philosophical skepticism.

Reject who?

You claimed that I said that there must be a god because we know so little. Thats why I corrected you.
Correct, because that is precisely what you said. You clearly said that the very proposition that there is no god is absurd, given how little we know.

So yes, that is what you said.

And here you are, on parade with your little charlatan parlor tricks again. You use doublespeak and terrible logic to form utter nonsense.then, naturally, you accuse everyone else of misunderstanding your meaning, when they repeat back to you the literal meaning of your own statements. Intellectually, it's pathetic.

Correct, because that is precisely what you said. You clearly said that the very proposition that there is no god is absurd, given how little we know.

So yes, that is what you said.

And here you are, on parade with your little charlatan parlor tricks again. You use doublespeak and terrible logic to form utter nonsense.then, naturally, you accuse everyone else of misunderstanding your meaning, when they repeat back to you the literal meaning of your own statements. Intellectually, it's pathetic.

LOL....

Well yes, I said that to conclude or propose definitively that there is no God, which is what Harmonica said, is absurd given what little we know.

That is very different than your claim that I said that God must exist because we know next to nothing....

Funny how you keep accusing me of being a charlatan and using double speak and parlor tricks yet you keep getting caught doing those very things...

Maybe you should find another hobby....

You suck at derision....

That is very different than your claim that I said that God must exist because we know next to nothing....
Hmm, no, it really isn't.
Funny how you keep accusing me of being a charlatan
Because you, indeed, are. I used to think you used undefined language and terrible arguments, because you are some sort of practiced conman. I then came to realize that you simply have very little substance and accidentally employ terrible logic. Nobody knows what the fuck you are saying, because you don't, either.

Because you, indeed, are. I used to think you used undefined language and terrible arguments, because you are some sort of practiced conman. I then came to realize that you simply have very little substance and accidentally employ terrible logic. Nobody knows what the fuck you are saying, because you don't, either.

No, again you are wrong.

There is quite a clear distinction between saying it is absurd to conclude that there is no God given how little we know about reality and saying God must exist because we know so little.

You don't know what the fuck I am saying because you can't distinguish between true and false because you are the liar and charlatan..

Whats your problem? Are you a preacher of some atheist cult losing his flock through a hole in the fence?

So you will never be a great thinker. Deal with it. Some things can't be faked. All the sheep in the world have headed for greener pastures. All the fish in the ocean have vanished. Their fences have been removed, your shiny lures are useless.

Have you ever tried three card monte or tap dancing for nickels?

Last edited:

No, again you are wrong.

There is quite a clear distinction between saying it is absurd to conclude that there is no God given how little we know about reality and saying God must exist because we know so little.

You don't know what the fuck I am saying because you can't distinguish between true and false because you are the liar and charlatan..

Whats your problem? Are you a preacher of some atheist cult losing his flock through a hole in the fence?

So you will never be a great thinker. Deal with it. Some things can't be faked. all the fish in the ocean have vanished. Your shiny lures are useless.

Of course I am. It's always the same with you....you pinch off an embarrassing bit of convoluted unlogic in a language new to all English speakers, then dance and prance and accuse everyone else of being too stupid to understand it, when you are forced to clarify and defend it. Of course, nobody understands, because your stemaing pile that you just pinched off is utterly meaningless and worthless.

Hey shaman...grab your crystal ball and skinned cat for this one....how much knowledge about the universe will be enough to safely propose the possibility that there is no god, in your expert estimation? It's a simple question, given your big declaration.

So, how much? I am curious to see what units you use for your bullshi...er, answer. Cubic brainnuggets? Megabooks? Regale us, Shaman!

No, again you are wrong.

So you will never be a great thinker. Deal with it. Some things can't be faked. all the fish in the ocean have vanished. Your shiny lures are useless.

Of course I am. It's always the same with you....you pinch off an embarrassing bit of convoluted unlogic in a language new to all English speakers, then dance and prance and accuse everyone else of being too stupid to understand it, when you are forced to clarify and defend it. Of course, nobody understands, because your stemaing pile that you just pinched off is utterly meaningless and worthless.

Hey shaman...grab your crystal ball and skinned cat for this one....how much knowledge about the universe will be enough to safely propose the possibility that there is no god, in your expert estimation? It's a simple question, given your big declaration.

So, how much? I am curious to see what units you use for your bullshi...er, answer. Cubic brainnuggets? Megabooks? Regale us, Shaman!

All that I can give you is this mantra to repeat OWA TANA SIAM , 7 times a day, 7 days a week, for 7 years.

When your eyes are opened you will have to accept the truth of it.

Then you can take your overinflated ego and shove it up your ass.

You don't understand what I am talking about so nobody understands? lol

I almost feel sorry for you knowing how important it is for you to appear wise.

No, again you are wrong.

All that I can give you is this mantra to repeat OWA TANA SIAM , 7 times a day, 7 days a week, for 7 years.

Is shoving things up your ass something that Jesus taught?

All my life, I have seen and heard people who seem to think that they have an exclusive franchise on god. Yet, I have never heard god confirm that. That leads me to the conclusion that god doesn't exist at all.
Tell me about your search for God and why you decided to abandon it.

When I was still in my teenager, I suddenly realized that the ONLY source of god was what was written by a bunch of superstitious men over 2,000 years ago, which is not much evidence, in my mind. Then, a read the Bible, the sole source of Christianity, and discovered that it didn't make a lick of sense. That was it for me.

When I was still in my teenager, I suddenly realized that the ONLY source of god was what was written by a bunch of superstitious men over 2,000 years ago, which is not much evidence, in my mind. Then, a read the Bible, the sole source of Christianity, and discovered that it didn't make a lick of sense. That was it for me.

Since then have there been any regrets in ending the quest for God?

My decision was made as a toddler listening to/looking at Little Golden Books. At this very young age I decided I wanted those kinds of experiences with God. When I was just a couple of years older and able to communicate better, I asked my parents about their stories of God. They explained that God no longer worked in that manner. However, at church I heard, "Seek and you shall find." Years later, I discovered that to be true.

I wonder at the people who give up God without even searching; I wonder people of faith who, like my parents, do not search--but I am in awe of their great faith. Jesus, in scripture, has very tender words for them.

god can't be rejected boecause there is no god
Did you ever consider the possibility that you can perceive no God because God has rejected you?
no

Alrighty then.. consider it now and then ask yourself honestly if you could blame him..

Would you let someone into your house who is knocking at your door in the middle of the night, dressed in filthy rags, reeking of cheap wine and vomit?

So you are saying God only answers if you knock in the daytime, are well dressed and smelling good? Really?

Burn some Kosher meat. It is a sweet smelling savour unto the Lord.

No, again you are wrong.

Is shoving things up your ass something that Jesus taught?

No. That was a different prophet.

Since then have there been any regrets in ending the quest for God?

My decision was made as a toddler listening to/looking at Little Golden Books. At this very young age I decided I wanted those kinds of experiences with God. When I was just a couple of years older and able to communicate better, I asked my parents about their stories of God. They explained that God no longer worked in that manner. However, at church I heard, "Seek and you shall find." Years later, I discovered that to be true.

I wonder at the people who give up God without even searching; I wonder people of faith who, like my parents, do not search--but I am in awe of their great faith. Jesus, in scripture, has very tender words for them.

Congrats on finding that stuff. Show us.

100% of atheist would become theist and even Christians if given a reasonable explanation.

Forum List

Back