Why do liberals like to be lectured?

Interesting OP. I think of Rush Limbaugh listeners as folks that enjoyed being talked down to. But I can see Rocko's point about Obama and think it applied even more in regards to Bill Clinton who only somewhat learned his lesson from his 1988 hour long Dukakis nomination speech. With Trump I see and hear a mixed bag. He does an excellent job with a prepared speech, otherwise I expect a crap shoot between a good or bad delivery, hinting on his confidence level of the subject matter. But indeed, he doesn't come across as a lecturer.

He does an excellent job with a prepared speech?

You said that?

Damn.

You’re an idiot who lacks any objectivity whatsoever

You said that?
H
Damn.

:) Just to be clear we're talking style and delivery, not content. So yes, I do think he's a great communicator when he utilizes a teleprompter.

How do you fault his style during his last State of the Union Address? I don't mind you questioning my opinion, I'm led to believe you saw it differently which has me curious.

You said that?
H
Damn.

:) Just to be clear we're talking style and delivery, not content. So yes, I do think he's a great communicator when he utilizes a teleprompter.

How do you fault his style during his last State of the Union Address? I don't mind you questioning my opinion, I'm led to believe you saw it differently which has me curious.

How do I fault it?

He's awful with a prompter. It is almost unbelievable that anyone would think otherwise.

He can barely read the words. He.lacks charisma. His intonation is choppy. He puts emphasis on the wrong words and sometimes the wrong syllables within words.

He may be the worst speaker we've ever had in high public office. Just bad.

Unlike Republicans, we like to learn stuff.

It's why we are so fond of schools.

DxnJFNoWwAAlEVK.jpg

You said that?
H
Damn.

How do I fault it?

He's awful with a prompter. It is almost unbelievable that anyone would think otherwise.

He can barely read the words. He.lacks charisma. His intonation is choppy. He puts emphasis on the wrong words and sometimes the wrong syllables within words.

He has no problem reading words and his tonality is excellent. You’re a fucking idiot, and that is something that has been established for a long time now.

Unlike Republicans, we like to learn stuff.

It's why we are so fond of schools.

DxnJFNoWwAAlEVK.jpg

So you like Obama because he taught you things? And you claim to not be a sheep?

You said that?
H
Damn.

How do I fault it?

He has no problem reading words and his tonality is excellent. You’re a fucking idiot, and that is something that has been established for a long time now.

No. He's horrible at it. Worst in my lifetime. Very, very bad.

every time Obama spoke I got flashbacks of my college professors. Trump is blunt, speaks his mind, and talks to people, not at them. Now this thread has nothing to do with substance of the two polar opposites, but rather style. I find Trump’s style more refreshing than obama’s. Obama may very well be hyper literate, but he breathes an arrogance about him that causes him to lose charisma

Depending on where you are coming from Obama speak may be common talk or it may be above you.

Also, I'll say Obama wore out after his first term, he gave good speeches until sometime in the middle of his first term.

every time Obama spoke I got flashbacks of my college professors. Trump is blunt, speaks his mind, and talks to people, not at them. Now this thread has nothing to do with substance of the two polar opposites, but rather style. I find Trump’s style more refreshing than obama’s. Obama may very well be hyper literate, but he breathes an arrogance about him that causes him to lose charisma
tRump only minces words in a salad form. His length of concentration is shorter than his dick. Most orators have a smooth positive way of conveying ideas or thoughts. Your rumpy dufus only makes had gestures and half thoughts in between greatest, absolutely, folks, I am the smartest man, and other self centered comments.
Lol, Obama off a teleprompter was a disaster.

tRump only minces words in a salad form. His length of concentration is shorter than his dick. Most orators have a smooth positive way of conveying ideas or thoughts. Your rumpy dufus only makes had gestures and half thoughts in between greatest, absolutely, folks, I am the smartest man, and other self centered comments.
Lol, Obama off a teleprompter was a disaster.

You said that?
H
Damn.

How do I fault it?

Obama off a teleprompter. Uuuuh, studder, uuuuh, uuuum, studder.

You said that?
H
Damn.

How do I fault it?

Nope.

You said that?
H
Damn.

How do I fault it?

Nope.
Lol, ole Obama sounded like a retarded child off the teleprompter.

You said that?
H
Damn.

How do I fault it?

Nope.

No. He was halting in style as he was measured and thoughtful. He said “uh” a lot. He was thinking. Idiot.

Trump is a full on moron off prompter. The least knowledgeable president we’ve ever had.

You are delusional.

How do I fault it?

Nope.

No. He was halting in style as he was measured and thoughtful. He said “uh” a lot. He was thinking. Idiot.

Trump is a full on moron off prompter. The least knowledgeable president we’ve ever had.

You are delusional.
All I can say is, lol.

What the hell are you babbling about? Trump talks like an 8 year old. He is obviously stupid and juvenile. He talks to people 'on their level' because he does not have the intellectual capacity to do otherwise. I have NEVER heard him say ANYTHING that made him sound like he has an IQ over 90-95.
Just read that morass of tweets he did on the weekend. He sounds dumb as a post. He talks in INCREDIBLY simple and juvenile ways.
The ONLY reason his base buys that he is smart is because most of them are clearly even dumber than he is...so they are REALLY easy to impress. Anyone who thinks Trump is a 'stable genius' IS stupid or is lying.

And, hello? Obama has been out of office for over 2 years...what does he have to do with anything in politics today? Who cares how much charisma an ex-President has? What's next? Let's compare Trump to LBJ? Truman? Lincoln?

How do I fault it?

Nope.

You are delusional.
All I can say is, lol.

I’d be the same way if I were trying to pass Trump off as a better speaker than Obama. Moron.

Nope.

You are delusional.
All I can say is, lol.

I’d be the same way if I were trying to pass Trump off as a better speaker than Obama. Moron.

Again, you appreciate to be lectured to by an academic that hasn’t done anything in his life outside of government. You enjoy it, because you’re stupid and don’t realize how patronizing it is.

You are delusional.
All I can say is, lol.

Again, you appreciate to be lectured to by an academic that hasn’t done anything in his life outside of government. You enjoy it, because you’re stupid and don’t realize how patronizing it is.

That’s a bit lame. Obama is one of the finest orators in the history of this nation. Intelligent people appreciate that.

Forum List

Back