Why Do I Need More Than 10 Rounds?

"Why do I need to justify and/or explain anything that is my right to you, do-gooder?"

Because rights can be changed even if we don't want that to be possible. It's probably a good idea to have a good argument for why it shouldn't happen when they try.

"Why do I need to justify and/or explain anything that is my right to you, do-gooder?"

Because rights can be changed even if we don't want that to be possible. It's probably a good idea to have a good argument for why it shouldn't happen when they try.
Oh, he wants a good argument....Well, here goes...

Why do I need a reason to speak freely?

Why do I need a reason to freedom of the press?

Why do I need a reason to worship at the church of my choice or not worship at all?

Why do I need a reason to peaceably associate and assemble with people whom I want to peaceably associate and assemble with?

Why do I need a reason to petition my alleged betters for redress of grievances?

Why do I need a reason to know my accuser in legal proceedings?

Why do I need a reason to see a search warrant before my person, property, papers and effects are searched?

Why do I need a reason to demand trial by a jury of my peers?

Because nowhere in the document that articulates that right does it say, "You have the right to firearms if you need them".

Rights can be taken away ... sometimes by force, sometimes by misguided philanthropic zeal.

But, in order to take away this right, you're going to have to remove the entire amendment from The Constitution. You won't be successful nibbling away at the right by misdirections about "need".

Why do I need a reason to worship at the church of my choice or not worship at all?

Why do I need a reason to peaceably associate and assemble with people whom I want to peaceably associate and assemble with?

Why do I need a reason to petition my alleged betters for redress of grievances?

Why do I need a reason to see a search warrant before my person, property, papers and effects are searched?

Just for clarification I am a strong supporter of the second amendment. I just think you made a bad argument.

Just for clarification I am a strong supporter of the second amendment. I just think you made a bad argument.
No, you are not a strong supporter of anything....You are a pushover.

My freedom is not dependent upon supplying reasons to despots to not take it away.

Dudes. I hope you've got your pearls and fainting couches handy...

New Zealand gun buyback: 10,000 firearms returned after Christchurch attack

https://www.theguardian.com

Police praise response after thousands of now-banned guns taken out of circulation in less than a month

More than 10,000 firearms have been bought by New Zealand’s government in less than a month as part of its gun buyback scheme following the Christchurch mosque shootings in March.
[...]
The governments gun-buyback scheme was launched in mid July. Since then, 10,242 firearms have been handed into police, with an additional 1,269 firearms handed in under amnesty.

The amnesty mean no questions will be asked by police about when or how owners acquired the now-banned weapons, even if they don’t have a current firearms licence or paperwork for the weapons.

Ninety gun collection events have been held around the country, New Zealand police said, attended by more than 7,000 firearms owners. In a statement New Zealand police praised gun owners’ engagement with the process, and said they were “really happy” with the public response.

Because someday THIRTEEN shitlords might decide to smash their way into my house, that's why.

'I Could Die': Suspects Trash House During Md. Home Invasion
Because If Marshall Matt Dillon can shoot someone one time, and they drops dead. That doesn't means that everyone else that shoots a person one time will die. Marshall Matt Dillon is a very experience shooter. He knows how to hit those vital organs that will make a person drop dead.
But reality, we need more than 59 rounds to make sure that the attacker is demobilized.

Police praise response after thousands of now-banned guns taken out of circulation in less than a month

More than 10,000 firearms have been bought by New Zealand’s government in less than a month as part of its gun buyback scheme following the Christchurch mosque shootings in March.
[...]
The governments gun-buyback scheme was launched in mid July. Since then, 10,242 firearms have been handed into police, with an additional 1,269 firearms handed in under amnesty.

The amnesty mean no questions will be asked by police about when or how owners acquired the now-banned weapons, even if they don’t have a current firearms licence or paperwork for the weapons.

Ninety gun collection events have been held around the country, New Zealand police said, attended by more than 7,000 firearms owners. In a statement New Zealand police praised gun owners’ engagement with the process, and said they were “really happy” with the public response.

Yeah, and name one good thing that has come from this? Has crime gone down? Has shooting gone down? Nope?

You can post how everyone is happy, and all smiles and giggles until the end of time. But just like the Soviets were all ecstatic about their policies, the end was death and destruction.

This reminds me of all the positive cheering and joy that followed Hugo Chavez taking over Venezuela. Everyone was singing the praises of the land reform, and public housing, and subsidized food..... all while the entire country was imploding.

Left-wingers have a 100 year history, of singing the praises of their own destruction.

Because someday THIRTEEN shitlords might decide to smash their way into my house, that's why.

If you get too scared, I am sure that mommy will hold your hand and make the bad people go away.
Go ahead and call the cops....I'm sure they'll get there when they get around to it.

In the meantime, you will no doubt make great headway in explaining the illegality of murder to the mental case who stole his guns, as he shoots you in the face.

No, rights do not change, they're infringed upon by the robbers, murderers, and kidnappers in Government. The burden of proof is on the active positions, which would be those declaring that they want to use violence against people who aren't using force against anyone.

If you get too scared, I am sure that mommy will hold your hand and make the bad people go away.
Pretty sure either threatening them with firearms or shooting them in the face when they try to hurt you is more effective than going to your mother.

That's probably why people like you petition the Government to take the scary guns away, as if it'll keep them out of the hands of robbers and murderers, despite them being capable of 3D printing guns using schematics online.

[...]

Turning in your weapons because someone else committed a crime is like chopping off your own dick to stop rape.

I don't think I need more than 10 rounds. My Springfield M1911 hold 8, and I have several magazines loaded and ready. Our .357 revolvers hold 6. Very accurate and the round is potent.

Having said all that, my right to own a gun does not change if I do not try to justify it. If a law is passed against magazines holding 10 rounds or more, and the crime rate does not drop, will the next law require fewer than 8? Or 6?

The 2nd Amendment is not about how many rounds. It is about the right to be armed. And yes, I know the people who wrote it did so at a time when rifles and handguns were muzzleloading single shots. But those muzzle loading single shots were the cutting edge military weapons at the time.

Forum List

Back