Why do Hispanics come to America and expect us to speake Spanish?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by 52ndStreet, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Why is it that many Hispanics come to America, and expect us to speake spanish.?And still speak Spanish , not making any attempt to learn the national language English?.
    America is one of few English speaking country that seems to accomodate hispancis
    with many bilingual programs and literature, when these immigrants should be learing english, the national language.

America should force Hispanics to learn and speake english only, if they want to live here.

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    You're a racist!

3. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Agree - but it is those same americans who believe in bilingual ed who are to blame. I sometimes wonder if it is a ploy to keep hispanics 'barefoot and pregnant' therefore hindering their ability to dominate the english language. It is a national tragedy and it only serves as a means to keep them 'underfoot'. Many have found that they are not able to communicate in neither english OR spanish - as I said, a national tragedy and about 2/3 generations of students who will suffer because of it.

4. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    In the 4 years I lived in New York City, not once did I ever encounter any Hispanic who did not speak English. In fact, sometimes I would actually speak Spanish to people who were obviously Hispanic and they'd only answer me in English for some reason. In fact, I met many a 2nd or 3rd generation 'hispanic' who barely spoke Spanish yet dominated English entirely. Never understood what was the deal with that. I've never met or heard of a single Hispanic person who has said anything to the effect that Americans are expected to speak Spanish to them, or that they refuse to speak English. Not once.

When I went to America I was 11 years old, barely spoke a word of English, I was fluent in 2 years and now I'd say I almost write better in English than in Spanish. I'm not a genius, anybody could do the same and I could almost assure you than anyone immigrating young enough already dominates English to a larger degree than Spanish.

Case in point: the insecure xenophobia is totally overblown.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    HA! HA! HA!

You mean he's right!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    What do you know about langues?

English is much harder to learn than spanish.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
  8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Correction: I live in a town just outside of Chicago (1400 miles from the Mexican border) that has been overrun by Mexicans and I can walk from my house, several blocks to the main shopping area and never hear anything but Spanish spoken.

The truth is that Mexicans will not speak English around Americans unless they have business to do with them. I can walk in the stores and never hear English until I run across an American of any race.

Now it is universally known that to speak in a language that is unfamiliar to one of the people in a group when all know English, for example, is considered an insult and in certain situations, can get you killed.

It is the obligation of the immigrant to learn English. People from the eastern hemisphere are all using English as the language of business. You can't be a commercial pilot that flies from country to country without knowing English because it has become the universal language of the commercial airlines.

Americans should not be expected to accommodate these "tourists" who have been feeding off of the United States because they have failed to run their own countries and insist on overpopulating and ruin every town they move to.

The facts are the truth!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    First off I am no racist, I have a lot of Hispanic friends, and co workers were I work. We all
    get along fine. But throughout my years living in New York City metro area, I have actually have had hispanics tell me to learn Spanish, if I objected to them speaking Spanish. I have
    had this debate with people speaking Spanish to me, thinking I was Hispanic. I am not. I am Jamaican American. My appearance is that of a Black American.

I just feel that many Spansih people come to America with this language arrogance, refusing to learn or speak English. And when you point it out to them how rude and disrespectful it is ,what they do, they get offended, and very combative. They make it seem as if you are disrepected them in their Spanish country, when in fact America is a English speaking country. Spanish speaking people must realize how disrepectful it is that they continue to speak spanish in America, amongst a majority English speaking population.

And the fact that the poster points out is in fact true, English is becoming the Global international language of choice for the entire world.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  10. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    What is seen in NY and what is seen in the southwest states are entirely two very different things. It's like comparing apples to oranges.