I-797C, Notice of Action / Case Type: Form I-485

Bowthai

Rookie
Oct 13, 2010
Important Question - Is the I-797C, Notice of Action - Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview a Mandatory Interview, or is it an Optional Interview?

My immigrant / ex-wife and I never received any notice for an I-485 Adjustment Application for Permanent Residence interview. There was no Interview…

Case Type: Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

--------------------

Example:
Immigrant / ex-wife came to the United States on a K1 Visa.

May 28, 2006 - Immigrant / ex-wife arrived to the United States.

June 9, 2006 - We were married in Honolulu.

August 28, 2006 - Immigrant / ex-wife sent in her I-485 Application for Permanent Residence paperwork and the return notice date is September 1, 2006.

From February 25 to April 26, 2007 - Immigrant / ex-wife was in Thailand visiting her family.

This trip was planned since August 28, 2006 when immigrant / ex-wife filled out the I-131 Application for Travel Document and she wrote February 1, 2007 as the date of her intended departure, and her expected length of trip was 30 days.

Early April 2007 - While immigrant / ex-wife was still in Thailand, her Permanent Resident Card came in the mail, with May 9, 2009 as the expiration date.

April 26, 2007 - Immigrant / ex-wife arrived back to Hawaii and her Green Card is waiting for her.

Question - Is the I-797C, Notice of Action - Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview a Mandatory Interview, or is it an Optional Interview?

Forum List

Back