Why do Hispanics come to America and expect us to speake Spanish?

Bullfighter, do you really think everyone who speaks Spanish in the US is here illegally? Because that's certainly what you appear to be saying in your last post.

Or maybe you just can't help but fall back on your 'evil Mexicans!' rhetoric in every conversation?

Spanish should be banned and beaners should be kicked out.

That's the American way!

dsObesityAdults_270px.gif

Why is it that many Hispanics come to America, and expect us to speake spanish.?And still speak Spanish , not making any attempt to learn the national language English?.
America is one of few English speaking country that seems to accomodate hispancis
with many bilingual programs and literature, when these immigrants should be learing english, the national language.

America should force Hispanics to learn and speake english only, if they want to live here.

No one will force the issue because its political suicide! Democrats want to appease the Latino base against their, as Obama called it, "enemies." And the Republicans already lose 95% of the Black population (who make up 15% of the population). They can't risk the other large minority group (which makes up 15% also) voting in the 90 percentiles also!

Similar reason illegal immigration will never be solved, until America sinks to a slightly above 3rd world nation!

Why is it that many Hispanics come to America, and expect us to speake spanish.?And still speak Spanish , not making any attempt to learn the national language English?.

Same reasons Italian, Russian, German immigrants didn't learn English in the past, and same reason many Asians don't either. I've been up to Brighton Beach in New York and almost everything was in Russian and you could get by there without speaking English at all (I spoke only Russian in the stores and restaurant I went to).

It's not just Hispanics, it's any immigrant group and it's been this way for hundreds of years...or do you think the English settlers should have learned the local languages when they landed?

Same reasons Italian, Russian, German immigrants didn't learn English in the past, and same reason many Asians don't either. I've been up to Brighton Beach in New York and almost everything was in Russian and you could get by there without speaking English at all (I spoke only Russian in the stores and restaurant I went to).

It's not just Hispanics, it's any immigrant group and it's been this way for hundreds of years...or do you think the English settlers should have learned the local languages when they landed?

PRESS #3 for ITALIAN?
PRESS #4 for RUSSIAN?
PRESS #5 for GERMAN?
PRESS #6 for AH-SO?

PRESS #3 for ITALIAN?
PRESS #4 for RUSSIAN?
PRESS #5 for GERMAN?
PRESS #6 for AH-SO?

You are right, its not only Hispanics, but Hispanics are the largest, and fastest growing minority in America today. So, what they do seems to make greater impact on America society today.

In the 4 years I lived in New York City, not once did I ever encounter any Hispanic who did not speak English. In fact, sometimes I would actually speak Spanish to people who were obviously Hispanic and they'd only answer me in English for some reason. In fact, I met many a 2nd or 3rd generation 'hispanic' who barely spoke Spanish yet dominated English entirely. Never understood what was the deal with that. I've never met or heard of a single Hispanic person who has said anything to the effect that Americans are expected to speak Spanish to them, or that they refuse to speak English. Not once.

When I went to America I was 11 years old, barely spoke a word of English, I was fluent in 2 years and now I'd say I almost write better in English than in Spanish. I'm not a genius, anybody could do the same and I could almost assure you than anyone immigrating young enough already dominates English to a larger degree than Spanish.

Case in point: the insecure xenophobia is totally overblown.

Try the same experiment in the border states (Stage Uno of Le Reconquista)

In the 4 years I lived in New York City, not once did I ever encounter any Hispanic who did not speak English. In fact, sometimes I would actually speak Spanish to people who were obviously Hispanic and they'd only answer me in English for some reason. In fact, I met many a 2nd or 3rd generation 'hispanic' who barely spoke Spanish yet dominated English entirely. Never understood what was the deal with that. I've never met or heard of a single Hispanic person who has said anything to the effect that Americans are expected to speak Spanish to them, or that they refuse to speak English. Not once.

When I went to America I was 11 years old, barely spoke a word of English, I was fluent in 2 years and now I'd say I almost write better in English than in Spanish. I'm not a genius, anybody could do the same and I could almost assure you than anyone immigrating young enough already dominates English to a larger degree than Spanish.

Case in point: the insecure xenophobia is totally overblown.

Correction: I live in a town just outside of Chicago (1400 miles from the Mexican border) that has been overrun by Mexicans and I can walk from my house, several blocks to the main shopping area and never hear anything but Spanish spoken.

The truth is that Mexicans will not speak English around Americans unless they have business to do with them. I can walk in the stores and never hear English until I run across an American of any race.

Now it is universally known that to speak in a language that is unfamiliar to one of the people in a group when all know English, for example, is considered an insult and in certain situations, can get you killed.

It is the obligation of the immigrant to learn English. People from the eastern hemisphere are all using English as the language of business. You can't be a commercial pilot that flies from country to country without knowing English because it has become the universal language of the commercial airlines.

Americans should not be expected to accommodate these "tourists" who have been feeding off of the United States because they have failed to run their own countries and insist on overpopulating and ruin every town they move to.

The facts are the truth!
A lot of them get mad if you're brown and you don't speak the language of the people who raped, murdered, and enslaved their ancestors, replying instead in the language of the free nation both your family and theirs came to for a better life.

I'm tempted to shoot them.

America is one of few English speaking country that seems to accomodate hispancis
with many bilingual programs and literature, when these immigrants should be learing english, the national language.

America should force Hispanics to learn and speake english only, if they want to live here.

Who says they're not making any attempt? That's just a lie. With every wave of immigration the first generation didn't speak English very well, but that ends in the 2nd and 3rd. As for us accomadating Spanish, we should. It's an American language and will be as long as we own Puerto Rico and all its citizens are American citizens. I have nothing but contempt for the sentiments of the OP. You have no sense of what it really means to be an American, a nation built by immigrants.

My Nana didn't go around expecting everyone to speak her language. She was grateful if they happened to, but she remembered where she came from and was damn happy to be a part of this nation.

If they don't want to be a part of this nation, they should go back where they came form.

For the past 3 years I've been living in Montreal, which is bilingual, half the time you hear people speaking to each other in French and the other time in English.

And their society is fractured and near-totally distinct from the rest of Canada. This selbheit fractura amongst the population nearly led to the collapse of the State 1980 and 1995

The "No" camp again won, but only by a very small margin — 50.6% to 49.4%.[6] As in the previous referendum, the English-speaking (anglophone) minority in Quebec overwhelmingly (about 90%) rejected sovereignty, support for sovereignty was also weak among allophones in immigrant communities and first-generation descendants. The lowest support for Yes side came from Mohawk, Cree and Inuit voters in Quebec, some first Nations chiefs asserted their right to self determination with the Cree being particularly vocal in their right to stay territories within Canada. More than 96% of the Inuit and Cree voted No in the referendum. However, The Innu, Attikamek, Algonquin and Abenaki nations did partially support Quebec sovereignty. In 1985, 59 per cent of Quebec's Inuit population, 56 per cent of the Attikamek population and 49 per cent of the Montagnais population voted in favour of the Sovereignist Parti Québécois party. That year, three out of every four native reservations gave a majority to the Parti Québécois party.[7]
By contrast almost 60 per cent of francophones of all origins voted "Yes". (82 per cent of Quebecers are Francophone.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_sovereignty_movement#The_referendum_of_1995

They work to dissolve our culture and our society, thereby ending us, our State, and our progeny- paving the way for La Reconquista and the overthrow of the evil White man and the capitalists (depending on whether you're the gangbanger foot soldier of the 'liberal' intellectual writing the propaganda for the other useful idiots at the other universities)

What, exactly, are those of you complaining about the use of Spanish advocating? Banning the speaking of Spanish in the country? Barring private businesses from using Spanish? I could accept the argument that government should conduct it's business solely in English, but other than that, do you really believe anything should or could be done?

The idea that there should be any sort of laws preventing the use of a foreign language by private businesses or citizens is ridiculous, but that is the impression I get from some of the posts in this thread.
You must know English to gain citizenship or to graduate the 4th grade or any grade higher.

Students recently moved will be required to take English classes and will be excempt from the above rule for a period not more than three years after their enrollment in the aforementioned classes, either through their school system or through another recognized program, public or private.

Because there is power in numbers and they know they are here to stay, and we will accommodate, as we have been...

The MSM never covers it, but you'll be happy to know that legal immigrants aren't any more happy with 'Bilingual Non-Education' than you are; some 40% of California latinos oppose it, and have to teach their children English at home due to the dismal failure of the California school system's efforts.

Well, actually, since the real goal of the California teachers and 'educators' is to indoctrinate latino children with virulent ethnic nationalism and racism against blue collar whites along with making them perpetually dependent on the Democratic Party machine, failure probably isn't the correct term to be using, since what they're really aiming at is succeeding very well.

What, exactly, are those of you complaining about the use of Spanish advocating? Banning the speaking of Spanish in the country? Barring private businesses from using Spanish? I could accept the argument that government should conduct it's business solely in English, but other than that, do you really believe anything should or could be done?

The idea that there should be any sort of laws preventing the use of a foreign language by private businesses or citizens is ridiculous, but that is the impression I get from some of the posts in this thread.
You must know English to gain citizenship or to graduate the 4th grade or any grade higher.

Students recently moved will be required to take English classes and will be excempt from the above rule for a period not more than three years after their enrollment in the aforementioned classes, either through their school system or through another recognized program, public or private.

Reasonable enough JB, but if you've read through this thread, there have been some posters who seem to be opposed to anyone speaking Spanish at any time. It's the extreme views that I really meant to question.

For the past 3 years I've been living in Montreal, which is bilingual, half the time you hear people speaking to each other in French and the other time in English.

And their society is fractured and near-totally distinct from the rest of Canada. This selbheit fractura amongst the population nearly led to the collapse of the State 1980 and 1995

The "No" camp again won, but only by a very small margin — 50.6% to 49.4%.[6] As in the previous referendum, the English-speaking (anglophone) minority in Quebec overwhelmingly (about 90%) rejected sovereignty, support for sovereignty was also weak among allophones in immigrant communities and first-generation descendants. The lowest support for Yes side came from Mohawk, Cree and Inuit voters in Quebec, some first Nations chiefs asserted their right to self determination with the Cree being particularly vocal in their right to stay territories within Canada. More than 96% of the Inuit and Cree voted No in the referendum. However, The Innu, Attikamek, Algonquin and Abenaki nations did partially support Quebec sovereignty. In 1985, 59 per cent of Quebec's Inuit population, 56 per cent of the Attikamek population and 49 per cent of the Montagnais population voted in favour of the Sovereignist Parti Québécois party. That year, three out of every four native reservations gave a majority to the Parti Québécois party.[7]
By contrast almost 60 per cent of francophones of all origins voted "Yes". (82 per cent of Quebecers are Francophone.)
Quebec sovereignty movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They work to dissolve our culture and our society, thereby ending us, our State, and our progeny- paving the way for La Reconquista and the overthrow of the evil White man and the capitalists (depending on whether you're the gangbanger foot soldier of the 'liberal' intellectual writing the propaganda for the other useful idiots at the other universities)

I think this has got to be their strategy. "They are working to dissolve our culture and our society" and part of that strategy is speaking Spansih around english speakers, as a form of psychological warfare.

Subject: HOW ALL PHONES SHOULD BE ANSWERED

How ALL phones SHOULD be answered!

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ,
a Christian nation of the free and the home of the brave. How may I help you?

Press '1' ...for English.

Press '2' ...to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever Offered to die for you,

Jesus Christ

And the American Soldier.

One died for your soul,

The other for your freedom.

If you agree........ Keep it going

If you dissagree, go back home !

Subject: HOW ALL PHONES SHOULD BE ANSWERED

How ALL phones SHOULD be answered!

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ,
a Christian nation of the free and the home of the brave. How may I help you?

Press '1' ...for English.

Press '2' ...to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever Offered to die for you,

Jesus Christ

And the American Soldier.

One died for your soul,

The other for your freedom.

If you agree........ Keep it going

If you dissagree, go back home !

How will people who don't know English going to understand those instructions?

First, you should have 'press one for English', then you must present it in Spanish for those not so fortunate as to be Anglican-advantaged.

Because there is power in numbers and they know they are here to stay, and we will accommodate, as we have been...

The death of one man is a tragedy.
The death of a million men is a statistic.
Joseph Stalin

Forum List

Back