Why do conservatives refuse to admit that we're already overpopulated?

There are over seven billion humans on the planet. It can sustain about nine billion at the absolute maximum. The upper limit for for everyone to live comfortably is about two billion at the absolute maximum. The US alone contains over 32 million of those people. Europe adds another 733 million. One country and the smallest continent add up to 38.5% of that comfortable maximum and almost 10% of the hard limit. This isn't a looming crisis. This is a crisis already in progress with full scale collapse in plain sight. We need to stabilize the steady rise of the annual population growth percentage just to continue surviving as a species for another century. We would need to go just as hard in the other direction for a long time just to return to optimum levels.

Despite these mathematical facts, conservatives turn a blind eye to the whole thing and refuse even to consider the existence of the problem. They continue whistling like all is well as they enslave women as baby factories for the state, oppose sex education, teach children that using contraception and birth control will make them go to Hell, and fight legal abortion tooth and nail. It just doesn't enter their tiny little minds that they just might go down with the planet they're intent on murdering, or that they'll utterly deserve it.
The US contains 32 million?

I know liberals are terrible at math but that is just pathetic. BTW the only places crowded in the US are the liberal shitholes.

Oh give him a break you know that was a typo..

There are over seven billion humans on the planet. It can sustain about nine billion at the absolute maximum. The upper limit for for everyone to live comfortably is about two billion at the absolute maximum. The US alone contains over 32 million of those people. Europe adds another 733 million. One country and the smallest continent add up to 38.5% of that comfortable maximum and almost 10% of the hard limit. This isn't a looming crisis. This is a crisis already in progress with full scale collapse in plain sight. We need to stabilize the steady rise of the annual population growth percentage just to continue surviving as a species for another century. We would need to go just as hard in the other direction for a long time just to return to optimum levels.

Despite these mathematical facts, conservatives turn a blind eye to the whole thing and refuse even to consider the existence of the problem. They continue whistling like all is well as they enslave women as baby factories for the state, oppose sex education, teach children that using contraception and birth control will make them go to Hell, and fight legal abortion tooth and nail. It just doesn't enter their tiny little minds that they just might go down with the planet they're intent on murdering, or that they'll utterly deserve it.
Sounds like there aren't enough dead babies for ya. But we are closer to 330 million in number. You could practice what your preach and jump off a cliff.
Or he could practice what he preaches in the same manner that I did. I had one child, that is a negative 1 population growth, getting married and having no children is also an option. Long gone are the large families, they are no longer needed. At one point in the history of the world large birth rates were required, Families would have many children in order to have sufficient help farming or building, with the high infant and child mortality rates that were one time common, it was good to have a large number of children just to insure enough survived to help around the home/business and to carry on the family name. Governments had influence and a need for large families, territories were kept and won by having the larger number of people protecting its borders, more people meant more and quicker work in infrastructure could be achieved.
Today little of that is a concern, on the farm the cultivator could take the place of 4 or 5 children all by itself, so now, less kids are more desirable, If the farm equipment takes the place of 8 kids, why have those kids and be responsible for feeding them, keeping them healthy (in working order) and educating them? Our wars are no longer fought and won based on the most pairs of feet in boots, its mostly technology that determines the victor of war.
China has known this problem with over population for many years now. We should not wait until we reach their crisis levels before we begin to act on it.

I wouldn't say conservatives are blissfully unaware of overpopulation. Particularly with their stance on immigration.

I blame religion. It's an adherence to a universal "be fruitful and multiply" theme of all religions that annoys the heck out of me. There are far too many unwanted children in this world, and they mostly came about because of people who still live rather primitively being socially conditioned by religion to put adherence to this "principle" over their own most basic needs, like water that's safe to drink.

One of the very first things President-elect Trump is likely to do is cancel taxpayer money that goes to things like safe sex education in developing countries. Now, I'm all for saving taxpayer money where it's needed, but this is one of those things that actually benefits the world outside our borders, and it benefits us in return.

On this matter, I'm a radical centrist because it ain't liberal or conservative in my mind to want to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in the world. It just makes sense.

The average family has 2.5 kids and that includes all the folks who apparently can't afford birth control (though I'd argue it more likely that they are gaming the welfare system)

I'm in Alaska, 1.3 square miles per person up here. I personally own an acre in town and 4 acres on the Kenai River, and I just sold 3 and a half acres on Big Lake which puts me way short of my allotted 700-ish acres.

~riots~

Link?

The US is not over-populated, there are a lot of wooded areas, deserts and other natural habitats, but there are also areas in the US with a high density of population, for example NYC.

The US is at number 182:

World maps, including the US with more detail (you can click on the maps to make them bigger):
We aren't overpopulated but we do have too much dead weight and too many that love to live in highly congested areas. Like too many rats in a cage, they go insane.

Sounds like there aren't enough dead babies for ya. But we are closer to 330 million in number. You could practice what your preach and jump off a cliff.
Or he could practice what he preaches in the same manner that I did. I had one child, that is a negative 1 population growth, getting married and having no children is also an option. Long gone are the large families, they are no longer needed. At one point in the history of the world large birth rates were required, Families would have many children in order to have sufficient help farming or building, with the high infant and child mortality rates that were one time common, it was good to have a large number of children just to insure enough survived to help around the home/business and to carry on the family name. Governments had influence and a need for large families, territories were kept and won by having the larger number of people protecting its borders, more people meant more and quicker work in infrastructure could be achieved.
Today little of that is a concern, on the farm the cultivator could take the place of 4 or 5 children all by itself, so now, less kids are more desirable, If the farm equipment takes the place of 8 kids, why have those kids and be responsible for feeding them, keeping them healthy (in working order) and educating them? Our wars are no longer fought and won based on the most pairs of feet in boots, its mostly technology that determines the victor of war.
China has known this problem with over population for many years now. We should not wait until we reach their crisis levels before we begin to act on it.

China is now facing the opposite problem. Their example does not support your hysteria.

China is now facing the opposite problem. Their example does not support your hysteria.
exactly where is my "hysteria" Im not seeing it.
I have enough property that I have the luxury of not having to see other people if I dont want to, I could even grow my own crops and keep enough livestock to feed me and my family. So, Im not quite following along with the hysteria comment.
Do liberals always have to blow everything out of proportion? is it possible to converse with a liberal and not have everything said analyzed for the worst possible meaning?

Liberals can fix this problem all by themselves. I'll pay for whatever costs are incurred. No government involvement is needed. That would just slow things down.

offensive-poster-2-save-the-planet-kill-yourself.jpeg

There you go. If all the libturds just put plastic bags over their heads for just a few hours they could render their carbon footprints completely neutral.

is it possible to converse with a liberal and not have everything said analyzed for the worst possible meaning?

No.

That's why I don't discuss anything with these parasites. They're to be mocked and ridiculed. Anything else is a waste of time. You'd find more intellectual curiosity in a goldfish bowl than in a moonbat.

If you believe we're overpopulated, then why is it the liberals who are trying to import worthless 3rd worlders into our country; while the conservatives are trying to curb the effort?

Last edited:
is it possible to converse with a liberal and not have everything said analyzed for the worst possible meaning?

No.

That's why I don't discuss anything with these parasites. They're to be mocked and ridiculed. Anything else is a waste of time. You'd find more intellectual curiosity in a goldfish bowl than in a moonbat.

I just dont like to give up on people and list them as hopeless. Although it is very hard not to do that exact thing when dealing with liberals. They fight reason with every breath.

exactly where is my "hysteria"...

In buying the false crisis of "overpopulation."

nothing in your OP is true. Conservatives are very concerned about over population. However, unlike libs, they do not think that abortion on demand is the solution.

Who opposes sex education? not conservatives
Who opposes contraceptives? not conservatives

Overpopulation is a real world concern. Education is the solution, not murder of unborn human beings.

Its really easy, if you don't want a kid, don't screw without protection.

So your justification for...

Using abortions as a 'post-sex contraceptive', for demanding others pay for 'your' 'ELECTIVE surgery', for ramming a rod into the skull of a baby capable of surviving outside the womb then cutting the BABY into pieces and dragging it out of the mother ('late-term abortions'), for baby-harvesting organizations selling dead fetuses...

is 'the earth is over-populated'?!

Got it...:p

Forum List

Back