Why do conservatives refuse to admit that we're already overpopulated?

There are over seven billion humans on the planet. It can sustain about nine billion at the absolute maximum. The upper limit for for everyone to live comfortably is about two billion at the absolute maximum. The US alone contains over 32 million of those people. Europe adds another 733 million. One country and the smallest continent add up to 38.5% of that comfortable maximum and almost 10% of the hard limit. This isn't a looming crisis. This is a crisis already in progress with full scale collapse in plain sight. We need to stabilize the steady rise of the annual population growth percentage just to continue surviving as a species for another century. We would need to go just as hard in the other direction for a long time just to return to optimum levels.

Despite these mathematical facts, conservatives turn a blind eye to the whole thing and refuse even to consider the existence of the problem. They continue whistling like all is well as they enslave women as baby factories for the state, oppose sex education, teach children that using contraception and birth control will make them go to Hell, and fight legal abortion tooth and nail. It just doesn't enter their tiny little minds that they just might go down with the planet they're intent on murdering, or that they'll utterly deserve it.
Im starting to see that conservativism is designed to lower the population. If you take away public schools how many people will have less children because they can't afford to?

They want to take away foodstamps and welfare so hopefully poor women stop having kids.

Having 2 or 3 kids when you don't make 6 figures without public schools? Forget about it.

Seems to me Republican policies should lower birth rates and to me that might be a good thing.

Taking away food stamps has nothing to do with trying to get people who refuse to work to stop having kids. From one conservative, I believe if you are collecting welfare or food stamps you should not be allowed to get pregnant (mandatory birth control), and if you do, you should be required to get an abortion. It's silly to have people who can't support themselves having babies they can't support. Inter generational welfare needs to stop.

You're not a Conservative

This is an absolute facts, clearly evident by looking at how starved the average American is.

What we need to fix the issue are mandatory post-birth abortion programs. That's the way... FORWARD!

There are over seven billion humans on the planet. It can sustain about nine billion at the absolute maximum. The upper limit for for everyone to live comfortably is about two billion at the absolute maximum. The US alone contains over 32 million of those people. Europe adds another 733 million. One country and the smallest continent add up to 38.5% of that comfortable maximum and almost 10% of the hard limit. This isn't a looming crisis. This is a crisis already in progress with full scale collapse in plain sight. We need to stabilize the steady rise of the annual population growth percentage just to continue surviving as a species for another century. We would need to go just as hard in the other direction for a long time just to return to optimum levels.

Despite these mathematical facts, conservatives turn a blind eye to the whole thing and refuse even to consider the existence of the problem. They continue whistling like all is well as they enslave women as baby factories for the state, oppose sex education, teach children that using contraception and birth control will make them go to Hell, and fight legal abortion tooth and nail. It just doesn't enter their tiny little minds that they just might go down with the planet they're intent on murdering, or that they'll utterly deserve it.
Im starting to see that conservativism is designed to lower the population. If you take away public schools how many people will have less children because they can't afford to?

They want to take away foodstamps and welfare so hopefully poor women stop having kids.

Having 2 or 3 kids when you don't make 6 figures without public schools? Forget about it.

Seems to me Republican policies should lower birth rates and to me that might be a good thing.

Taking away food stamps has nothing to do with trying to get people who refuse to work to stop having kids. From one conservative, I believe if you are collecting welfare or food stamps you should not be allowed to get pregnant (mandatory birth control), and if you do, you should be required to get an abortion. It's silly to have people who can't support themselves having babies they can't support. Inter generational welfare needs to stop.

You're not a Conservative

Really? Then why do all my liberal friends and relatives keep calling me one? I guess they don't know me as well as you....hhahahahahaha.

If you believe we're overpopulated, then why is it the liberals who are trying to import worthless 3rd worlders into our country; while the conservatives are trying to curb the effort?

Because the LWLT's believe in across the board equality. Equal income, equal property, equal population density, etc.

I agree ... If we just slaughter all those nit-wits in California and New York ... That should help level things out a little.

Baloney. It's conservatives that want immigration control. Take a new angle.

I disagree. If a woman knows her babies won't starve she's more likely to not be careful. If foodstamps didn't exist then they'd think harder before having a kid.

And let's say she still gets knocked up. Without food stamps it's not my problem. And without food stamps I'm sure she won't make that mistake again.

I disagree. If a woman knows her babies won't starve she's more likely to not be careful. If foodstamps didn't exist then they'd think harder before having a kid.

And let's say she still gets knocked up. Without food stamps it's not my problem. And without food stamps I'm sure she won't make that mistake again.
Precisely.

Spoken like a true conservative, I'll accept that.

Your numbers are waaaay off. According to the best minds in the business we have the ability NOW, with no technology, to support up to 12 billion people. Add tech into the mix and you up that to between 30 and 40 billion people. Now, demographers are forecasting a maximum population of 9 billion. Then, the population will fall back to around 6 billion. WITH NOTHING DONE.

You Malthusians are simply ignorant of reality.

Your numbers are waaaay off. According to the best minds in the business we have the ability NOW, with no technology, to support up to 12 billion people. Add tech into the mix and you up that to between 30 and 40 billion people. Now, demographers are forecasting a maximum population of 9 billion. Then, the population will fall back to around 6 billion. WITH NOTHING DONE.

How does the population fall from 9 billion to 6?

It will probably take a while ... But a lot of people are already having smaller families.
Not through regulation or whatever ... But by choice.

I know my parents both came from large families ... Raised smaller families ... And personally, I am not having any children.
I don't begrudge people with big families ... And if I ever decide to raise a child ... It will just be one someone else didn't want to raise.

People stop breeding. As more people get to First World status they have fewer children. It is happening in the Third World too, back in the 1960's the growth rate was over 2 to 1. Now it is less than 1.6 to 1. Even China has figured out that they are running out of replacements.

Declining fertility rates, idiot.

Who told you that and why did you believe them, jackass.

Who told you that and why did you believe them, jackass.
The last two who posted seem to confirm/agree with me.

And even if I'm wrong and the population doesn't go down, it won't matter because we won't be paying for the babies poor people have.

Like I said if if you can afford them have as many as you want.

To me it's common sense. If a poor woman has to pay for her kids school, how do you think she's going to have another?

And no one told me I figured it out on my own. No one has to tell me something. Did rush tell you I'm wrong? Please tell me you get it or how I'm wrong.

Forum List

Back