Why did Hitler declare war on the U.S.?

Hitler is often described as a "mad man" whose declaration of war against the U.S. was the worst strategic blunder of WW2. But I am wondering if there may have been a rational basis for his decision.

In December 1941 the German army was at the gates of Moscow, poised for what it seemed to be an imminent defeat of the USSR. In that event, Germany would have established an impregnable Fortress Europe for years to come. In contrast Germany's ally Japan was about to be squashed by the far greater industrial resources of the U.S., possibly creating a new world empire even more threatening to Germany than that of the British.

By quickly declaring war against the U.S. could Hitler have decided that drawing off U.S. resources to fight an unwinnable war in Europe would extend the war with Japan (possibly to a stalemate) and eventually lead to a comprehensive peace treaty?

There is almost no documentation of Hitler's thinking on this matter, but being a monster does not necessarily make one a moron. Any thoughts on this theory?
I think he had no choice because Japan and Germany were part of the same alliance :dunno:
Italy did the same...

Hitler is often described as a "mad man" whose declaration of war against the U.S. was the worst strategic blunder of WW2. But I am wondering if there may have been a rational basis for his decision.

In December 1941 the German army was at the gates of Moscow, poised for what it seemed to be an imminent defeat of the USSR. In that event, Germany would have established an impregnable Fortress Europe for years to come. In contrast Germany's ally Japan was about to be squashed by the far greater industrial resources of the U.S., possibly creating a new world empire even more threatening to Germany than that of the British.

By quickly declaring war against the U.S. could Hitler have decided that drawing off U.S. resources to fight an unwinnable war in Europe would extend the war with Japan (possibly to a stalemate) and eventually lead to a comprehensive peace treaty?

There is almost no documentation of Hitler's thinking on this matter, but being a monster does not necessarily make one a moron. Any thoughts on this theory?
/—-/ I’ve read he felt it was his duty to support his ally Japan by declaring war on the US. Keep in mind that his U boats were already sinking US cargo ships sending war materials to aid Great Britain.

Other than being stupid, you believe this why?

You do not believe that Adolph Hitler was hopped up on drugs? WOW!

He had his own quack doctor that juiced Hitler up each morning. The Nazis used crystal meth to hop up their soldiers which is how they managed to fight for days without rest. By the end of the war the common side effects of crystal meth were obvious.

Pervitin was being sold over the counter to citizens and it was handed out like candy to the soldiers. Soldiers were even writing home to have their families send them even more. Pervitin was crystal meth taken orally like mints.

pervitin-marching-L.jpg
I didn't associate with Hitler.

Nope, Nope, All Nope
Germany Entered Into A Treaty With Japan
If The United States Did Anything To Interfere With Japan's Expansion In Asia
Germany Would Be Bound By Treaty To Declare War On The US

Tripartite Pact | Definition, History, Significance, & Facts

Tripartite Pact, agreement concluded by Germany, Italy, and Japan on September 27, 1940, one year after the start of World War II. It created a defense alliance between the countries and was largely intended to deter the United States from entering the conflict. Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, and Croatia were later signatories to the pact.

The Tripartite Pact was the culmination of a series of agreements between Germany, Japan, and Italy. On October 25, 1936, Germany and Italy completed the Rome-Berlin Axis, a cooperation deal. A month later Japan joined the so-called Axis powers by signing (with Germany) the Anti-Comintern Pact, an anti-communist agreement that was primarily directed against the Soviet Union; Italy signed in 1937. However, that compact was broken with the German-Soviet Nonaggression Pact of August 23, 1939, which paved the way for Germany to invade Poland the following week, thus starting World War II.

Against this backdrop, officials from Germany, Italy, and Japan met in Berlin in September 1940 to devise the Tripartite Pact. It notably called on signees “to assist one another with all political, economic and military means” when any one of them was attacked by “a Power at present not involved in the European War or in the Sino-Japanese Conflict.”

The United States did not "attack" Japan, any more than the Soviet Union attacked Germany. Therefore, no new declarations of war were required of Germany or Japan.

Hitler should have made peace with the UK when he had the troops bundled up at Dunkirk. If not peace then at least cessation of hostilities.

Then he should have invaded the Ukraine and treated the people nice so they would be allies. He could have greatly expanded the German empire without there being total war of other counties against Germany. The idea of trying to conquer the whole Soviet Union was the dumbest military decisions ever made. Especially with the US giving them tremendous military aid.

Declaring war against the US was what FDR wanted as an excuse to get the US into the European war. Hitler played right into his hands.

Hitler was one dumb mutherfvcker, just like those idiots running the Japanese Empire and millions died because of that stupidity.

He had his own quack doctor that juiced Hitler up each morning. The Nazis used crystal meth to hop up their soldiers which is how they managed to fight for days without rest. By the end of the war the common side effects of crystal meth were obvious.

Pervitin was being sold over the counter to citizens and it was handed out like candy to the soldiers. Soldiers were even writing home to have their families send them even more. Pervitin was crystal meth taken orally like mints.

pervitin-marching-L.jpg
Made the Blitzkreig possible

Soldiers did not have to stop to rest

Hitler had a quasi-mystical belief in his destiny. The Japanese had a very different but equally hallucinatory world view. Belief such as theirs has proven to be quite deadly. Beliefs that require subjugation of others must be regarded as enemies of reason and humanity.

pervitin-marching-L.jpg

th%20%281%29-S.jpg

Hitler didn’t have a whole lot of respect for the war making capabilities of America.

He considered us nothing more than “a country of mongrels filled with n*****s and Jews”.

Roosevelt started arming the UK, USSR, France and China, cut off fuel to Japan and moved the Pacific fleet from San Diego to Pearl Harbor.

The jackass party of slavery also instituted the first peacetime draft in US history.

That stuff certainly didn't go unnoticed by Hitler.

You answered your own question. He thought at the time that the war against the USSR was over, also add his disdain for the racial mix in the US as inferior calling them "Half negro".

Also, I think he knew that the US was helping the UK anyway, so what they hey?

As for your assertion this would have made the war longer, I beg to differ.

nuclear-booming-love-hand-sign-energy-every-thing-every-things-under-control-user-35599102.jpg

In fact, when Germany and Stalin both attacked Poland to divvy it up, the Allies should have declared war on both of them and simply nuked Moscow and Berlin later on.

They did not need the communists.

In fact, when Germany and Stalin both attacked Poland to divvy it up, the Allies should have declared war on both of them and simply nuked Moscow and Berlin later on.

How would we have nuked Moscow?

pervitin-marching-L.jpg

th%20%281%29-S.jpg
I don't believe much of what the history books say or the media. They are proven liars. Did Hitler take drugs? I don't know, he may have but I didn't see it so there. We are surrounded by a web of deceit telling us all what to think and believe. I have rejected it. And if Hitler used drugs I don't care. He probably needed something to help him forget all the bad shit they say he did.

Hitler had a quasi-mystical belief in his destiny. The Japanese had a very different but equally hallucinatory world view. Belief such as theirs has proven to be quite deadly. Beliefs that require subjugation of others must be regarded as enemies of reason and humanity.
I'm amazed at all the people how know all about what Hitler did and never spent a minute with him.

Here's A Question

Britain And France Were Bound By Treaty To Ensure The Sovereignty Of Poland
Germany Invaded Poland, Britain And France Declared War On Germany
USSR Co-Invaded Poland With Germany
Britain And France Didn't Declare War On USSR
FDR, Churchill, DeGaulle, and Truman sold Poland out to Stalin.

Patton was right.
Patton was a moron

Roosevelt started arming the UK, USSR, France and China, cut off fuel to Japan and moved the Pacific fleet from San Diego to Pearl Harbor.

The jackass party of slavery also instituted the first peacetime draft in US history.

That stuff certainly didn't go unnoticed by Hitler.
You think FDR was wrong to draft people?

Here's A Question

Britain And France Were Bound By Treaty To Ensure The Sovereignty Of Poland
Germany Invaded Poland, Britain And France Declared War On Germany
USSR Co-Invaded Poland With Germany
Britain And France Didn't Declare War On USSR
FDR, Churchill, DeGaulle, and Truman sold Poland out to Stalin.

Patton was right.
Patton was a moron
You're just pissed that he was right about the Russians.

History shows he was an excellent general.

Forum List

Back