Why did Bush...............

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by SpidermanTuba, Dec 29, 2005.

1. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Why did Bush say that Congess had the same access to intelligence on Iraq as he did - when he knows that it isn't true? Why did he lie? Was he trying to trick Americans? He should know better!

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I just have to ask: How do you know they didn't have access to the same intelligence on Iraq? Why are you so disengenuous?

I have been reading your posts for the past few days...you are a troll and nothing more. You contribute nothing. I am putting you on ignore but before I go I am going to neg rep you just because I can.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I was wondering the same thing as CSM. What evidence do you have to prove that Congress did not have the same intelligence?

This was something that caught me during the Bush/Kerry "debates." Bush kept bumbling his words, repeating the same line, "You had the same information I had." What did that mean?

Mr. Kerry never really addressed this assertion. For such a smooth-talker as John Kerry, he could have poured out some honeyed words, showing Mr. Bush to be a fool. In fact, in that debate, he DID make Bush look foolish. But, still, when it came down to substance, he never addressed the fumbled assertion that Bush aimed at him.

4. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    I thought I'd ressurect this post about another poster who was banned a while back... it seems appropriate

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I can only take so much trolling...perhaps others are more tolerant but I have better things to do with my time. Educating the willfully ignorant is the modern day equivalent of tilting at windmills.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Perhaps he was just trying to piss you off. You should feel honored. :cof:

7. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Great minds think alike... he's been on my "ignore" list for quite some time....

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

This is pretty Simple. They did have the same access to the intelligence that he did. Congress always has had the same access to inteligence that the president does when it comes to deciding whether or not to goto war. No Trickery. No lies. Just the facts maam.

9. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Actually, I remember reading an article about the less reliable intelligence (not independently verified) that the White House did not, in fact, pass along to the Congress. This intelligence drew a picture of a much more dangerous Iraq that presented a much more real and immeadiate threat. This intelligence was even more damning against Saddam. The White House retained it because, as I mentioned above, it could not be independently verified.

Is this the intelligence to which you refer?

10. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    The internet lends itself for willfully ignorant, agenda driven people to post ignorant, illogical stuff, and then think they are winning the debate, along with strawmen.

Tubby is good at that. He draws conclusions erroneously, that even my 10 year old can understand how its false reasoning.

PM is not as intelligent as he thinks he is and doesnt bother really, really READING opposing posts.

Unlike when you have a live audience, which I often do, in social settings, you dont get any immediate feedback. In public when people present such idiotic comments as is left here by some lefties, you can hear people giggle when they are exposed.

This forum does have the rep function, I had never experienced that before. Although not as effective as the "giggling" of live audiences, it is a major improvement over forums that have nothing like that at all.

The other basic probelm is if you do ignore them, they, and some trollers may think you have conceded. It is an unfortunate situation at times, and their tenatiousness in posting can create that.

What we can do is "gang" up on them, if one of us gets tired of responding, another can take over. I have done that at times.

Ron K Conservative ala carte