Why Did Brandeis University Cave In to CAIR ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Brandeis University in Massachusetts announced Tuesday that it had withdrawn the planned awarding of an honorary degree to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a staunch critic of Islam and its treatment of women, after protests from students and faculty.

The university said in a statement posted online that the decision had been made after a discussion between Ali and university President Frederick Lawrence.
"She is a compelling public figure and advocate for women's rights, and we respect and appreciate her work to protect and defend the rights of women and girls throughout the world," said the university's statement. "That said, we cannot overlook certain of her past statements that are inconsistent with Brandeis University's core values."

In 2007, Ali helped establish the AHA Foundation, which works to protect and defend the rights of women in the West from oppression justified by religion and culture, according to its website. The foundation also strives to protect basic rights and freedoms of women and girls. This includes control of their own bodies, access to an education and the ability to work outside the home and control their own income, the website says.

More than 85 of about 350 faculty members at Brandeis signed a letter asking for Ali to be removed from the list of honorary degree recipients. And an online petition created Monday by students at the school of 5,800 had gathered thousands of signatures from inside and outside the university as of Tuesday afternoon.

Thomas Doherty, chairman of American studies, refused to sign the faculty letter. He said it would have been great for the university to honor "such a courageous fighter for human freedom and women's rights, who has put her life at risk for those values."

Bernard Macy, a 1979 Brandeis graduate, sent an email this week to university President Frederick Lawrence and several members of the faculty saying, "Thank you for recognizing Ayaan Hirsi Ali for defending Muslim women against Islamist honor violence."

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation's largest Muslim advocacy group, said, "It is unconscionable that such a prestigious university would honor someone with such openly hateful views."

I would answer CAIR's pit bull, who as he usually does , argued with Megan Kelly on her Fox News TV show, repeatedly rudely interrupting her, and dodging just about every question she asked. I'd answer Hooper by saying >> It is NOT at all unconscionable for Brandeis to honor someone with such openly hateful views of wife-beating, of physical beating of women and numerous other mistreatments of women, and numerous examples of CRIMINAL behavior advocated by Islam.

CAIR sent a letter to university President Frederick Lawrence on Tuesday requesting that it drop plans to honor Ali, which they then did do. I'm wondering why. Knowing well CAIRs thuggish tactics of the past, here's a multiple choice > A.) Threats of lawsuits B.) threats of smear campaigns C.) threats of you name it.

"This makes Muslim students feel very uneasy," Joseph Lumbard, chairman of Islamic and Middle Eastern studies, said in an interview. "They feel unwelcome here."

EARTH TO CHAIRMAN LUMBARD: They SHOULD feel unwelcome. Not just at Brandeis University, but in the United States of America, since they belong to a creed that violates the US Constitution with its supremacism (Article 6, Section 2), violates US Code 2384 with its sedition, and advocates the violation of numerous US laws, and fits into US society like a square peg in a round hole. How else could you see it ?

Brandeis University has done itself a major disservice. Knowing the great defenses of freedom of speech and workplace law that Louis Brandeis fought in the courtroom, both before and after he became a member of the US Supreme Court, I believe if he were alive today, he would not like having his name on a University that caved in to a Muslim Brotherhood group (CAIR), who is in such opposition to those worthy ideals.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09...-critic-ayaan/

I wonder if the university knows that the same Muslim responsible for murdering Theo van Gogh, for making Ayaan Hirsi Ali's short 10 minute film: "Submission"-critical of the way Muslims treat women in the M.E., also wanted to murder her and issued fatwas against her?

Do you know what Theo van Gogh last words were as he lay dying because he helped to expose female multination and abuse?

Van Gogh's last words were: "Mercy, mercy! We can talk about it, can't we?"

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was kicked out of Denmark when it was proven that the story she used to receive asylum in their country was a pack of lies. ... :cool:

What? She was elected to parliament and they were aware of her fabrications to assure asylum, she had problems because of the fatwas issued against her and death threats. And the Dutch could not protect her and were embarrassed because of the fact they can't keep her secure due to all the death threats from Islamists. In fact her neighbors complained they were not safe because of everyone trying to kill her over the film.

Holland's shameful treatment of Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

I'm wondering why, with all of the others who objected, the o/p focuses on CAIR. CAIR was just one of many.

That said, I don't know why Brandeis wouldn't give her the degree. She's been a powerful advocate for women and doesn't toe the terrorist supporter line on the subject of the middle east.

All the woman has done is lie and lie and lie. ... :cool:

"In May 2006 the television program Zembla reported that Hirsi Ali had given false information about her real name, her age and the country she arrived from when originally applying for asylum. She had claimed to be fleeing the war in Somalia. However, she had been legally resident in Kenya for many years. The documentary also featured interviews with her family in which her claims of an arranged marriage were denied. Contrary to her claims of having fled a war zone in Somalia, the MP had lived in comfortable upper middle-class circumstances safely in Kenya for at least 12 years before she sought refugee status in the Netherlands in 1992. Her family home – which is large and comfortable by Kenyan standards – was shown in the program.

Hirsi Ali admitted that she had lied about her full name, her date of birth and the manner in which she had come to the Netherlands, but said that she had fabricated this story while fleeing a forced marriage."

Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because CAIR is still listed as one of the 108 un indicted co-conspirators named in the Holy Land Foundation trials and until Eric Holder ( head of DOJ ) does his job CAIR will remain free. We the People, have been waiting since 2009 for Holder to do his job. Still waiting........

Brandeis University in Massachusetts announced Tuesday that it had withdrawn the planned awarding of an honorary degree to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a staunch critic of Islam and its treatment of women, after protests from students and faculty.

The university said in a statement posted online that the decision had been made after a discussion between Ali and university President Frederick Lawrence.
"She is a compelling public figure and advocate for women's rights, and we respect and appreciate her work to protect and defend the rights of women and girls throughout the world," said the university's statement. "That said, we cannot overlook certain of her past statements that are inconsistent with Brandeis University's core values."

In 2007, Ali helped establish the AHA Foundation, which works to protect and defend the rights of women in the West from oppression justified by religion and culture, according to its website. The foundation also strives to protect basic rights and freedoms of women and girls. This includes control of their own bodies, access to an education and the ability to work outside the home and control their own income, the website says.

More than 85 of about 350 faculty members at Brandeis signed a letter asking for Ali to be removed from the list of honorary degree recipients. And an online petition created Monday by students at the school of 5,800 had gathered thousands of signatures from inside and outside the university as of Tuesday afternoon.

Thomas Doherty, chairman of American studies, refused to sign the faculty letter. He said it would have been great for the university to honor "such a courageous fighter for human freedom and women's rights, who has put her life at risk for those values."

Bernard Macy, a 1979 Brandeis graduate, sent an email this week to university President Frederick Lawrence and several members of the faculty saying, "Thank you for recognizing Ayaan Hirsi Ali for defending Muslim women against Islamist honor violence."

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation's largest Muslim advocacy group, said, "It is unconscionable that such a prestigious university would honor someone with such openly hateful views."

I would answer CAIR's pit bull, who as he usually does , argued with Megan Kelly on her Fox News TV show, repeatedly rudely interrupting her, and dodging just about every question she asked. I'd answer Hooper by saying >> It is NOT at all unconscionable for Brandeis to honor someone with such openly hateful views of wife-beating, of physical beating of women and numerous other mistreatments of women, and numerous examples of CRIMINAL behavior advocated by Islam.

CAIR sent a letter to university President Frederick Lawrence on Tuesday requesting that it drop plans to honor Ali, which they then did do. I'm wondering why. Knowing well CAIRs thuggish tactics of the past, here's a multiple choice > A.) Threats of lawsuits B.) threats of smear campaigns C.) threats of you name it.

"This makes Muslim students feel very uneasy," Joseph Lumbard, chairman of Islamic and Middle Eastern studies, said in an interview. "They feel unwelcome here."

EARTH TO CHAIRMAN LUMBARD: They SHOULD feel unwelcome. Not just at Brandeis University, but in the United States of America, since they belong to a creed that violates the US Constitution with its supremacism (Article 6, Section 2), violates US Code 2384 with its sedition, and advocates the violation of numerous US laws, and fits into US society like a square peg in a round hole. How else could you see it ?

Brandeis University has done itself a major disservice. Knowing the great defenses of freedom of speech and workplace law that Louis Brandeis fought in the courtroom, both before and after he became a member of the US Supreme Court, I believe if he were alive today, he would not like having his name on a University that caved in to a Muslim Brotherhood group (CAIR), who is in such opposition to those worthy ideals.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09...-critic-ayaan/

CAIR should have been shut down in 2009 when it was listed as one of the 108 un-indicted co-conspirators in the HLF trials. Why it is still recognized is a very good question. People should contact their representatives and demand CAIR be excluded from any future involvment with representations of Islam.

All the woman has done is lie and lie and lie. ... :cool:

no. .that's what you and the other terrorist supporters do.
Liberal juden like Jillian eat up her anti-muslim lies and fully support giving the slut numerous awards based on her fabrications. .. :cool:

Liberal juden like Jillian? Jillian has been quite polite here and I don't see the connection in mentioning her politics, etc. to the discussion at hand, Sunni. You sound as if you are seething this morning.... having a bad year?

Because CAIR is still listed as one of the 108 un indicted co-conspirators named in the Holy Land Foundation trials and until Eric Holder ( head of DOJ ) does his job CAIR will remain free. We the People, have been waiting since 2009 for Holder to do his job. Still waiting........
CAIR was cleared of any wrong doing during the Bush administration.

CAIR has been throughly investigated by every federal law enforcement agency and given a clean bill of health by all of them. ... :cool:

CAIR didn't exist when Bush was president?

Again, just to point out the false nature of the o/p... CAIR was only one group.... there were a lot of staff who didn't want it. me? i think they should have honored her.

no. .that's what you and the other terrorist supporters do.
Liberal juden like Jillian eat up her anti-muslim lies and fully support giving the slut numerous awards based on her fabrications. .. :cool:

Liberal juden like Jillian? Jillian has been quite polite here and I don't see the connection in mentioning her politics, etc. to the discussion at hand, Sunni. You sound as if you are seething this morning.... having a bad year?
So her calling me a "terrorist supporter" is being polite?? ... :doubt:

I believe Jillian was pointing out that you lie. That was an accurate observation. imo.

Brandeis University should not have caved into an organization that was listed as an unindicted co consipirator in the HLF Trials. They should not have even acknowledged them. Hindsight is 20/20.

CAIR didn't exist when Bush was president?

Again, just to point out the false nature of the o/p... CAIR was only one group.... there were a lot of staff who didn't want it. me? i think they should have honored her.

While MSA (Muslim Students Association-the original US Muslim Brotherhood group) is also to blame, probably equally if not more, just browsing across a few Google hits searching by >> Brandeis University Cave In to Muslims, the actions that CAIR took to stop the degree were mentioned more than any other group. Also, I first heard of this on the Kelly File TV show in Fox News which was a debate between Meghan Kelly and Ibrahim Hooper of CAIR (as was mentioned in the OP)

Brandeis caves to pressure from professors, students, CAIR | Show Transcripts | The Five | Fox News

Brandeis University caves to Muslim Brotherhood front groups CAIR and MSA | Opinion - Conservative

Craven Cowards at Brandeis Cancel Ayaan Hirsi Ali Honor, Cave to Muslim Thugs' Demands | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

Brandeis University cancels plans to give Ayaan Hirsi Ali an honorary degree « Why Evolution Is True

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...giving-an-honorary-degree-to-ayaan-hirsi-ali/

Islam critic and feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali hits back at Brandeis University after they withdraw planned honorary degree | Mail Online

Last edited:

So her calling me a "terrorist supporter" is being polite?? ... :doubt:

It could be. If you ARE a terrorist supporter. Are you ?

Forum List

Back