Why did Arafat turn down 97% of the W Bank and all of Gaza in 2000?

Arafat ( also Abbas ) is demanding a pathway inside Israel connecting the W. Bank and Gaza with the Palestinians having total control. Why are they entitled to ANY land inside Israel? What " offers" were made by Abbas or Arafat for a piece of Israel's land?

What right does Israel have to demand Israeli-controlled roads through Palestinian lands?

The Palestinians are demanding control within the alledged " 67 Borders" which is supposed to be Israel. So, my question is; What right does Abbas have to demand any of Israel's land?

This isn't even a question of " occupation" since they obviously didn't have it before 1967. :eusa_hand:

Again: What right does Israel have to demand Israeli-controlled roads through Palestinian lands?

I don't happen to think Abbas has any right to demand control within the 1967 borders.

What right does Israel have to demand Israeli-controlled roads through Palestinian lands?

The Palestinians are demanding control within the alledged " 67 Borders" which is supposed to be Israel. So, my question is; What right does Abbas have to demand any of Israel's land?

This isn't even a question of " occupation" since they obviously didn't have it before 1967. :eusa_hand:

Again: What right does Israel have to demand Israeli-controlled roads through Palestinian lands?

I don't happen to think Abbas has any right to demand control within the 1967 borders.

Abbas has no power, his people are split, he can't negotiate anything.

As much as Obama might be trying to " push" Israel he has stated on many occasions he does not support " Right of Return"
So you believe Obama??..........:lol:

Never figured you to be an Obamabot........ :cuckoo:

Document where he has stated he's for " Right of Return". You can't because you're a liar. Even the U.N. and the Arab States aren't pushing for it
And pres. Obama promised to close Gitmo before his fist election.

But hey, since you are an Obamabot and believe his every word........ :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Hamas was originally created by Israel to offset Fatah's power...the old divide and conquer strategy used by all invaders...its worked to a point, but so slowly that this local conflict is widening as we speak...Israel divided the Palestinians but it backfired and in the process are uniting the Arab Nations against her as they all Islamize through the Arab Spring.

"Right od Return" is going to happen one way or the other.......... :cool:

No, it's not. As much as the Arab States would like it to happen they're not pushing for it. Neither is the U.N. As much as Obama might be trying to " push" Israel he has stated on many occasions he does not support " Right of Return"

I want Abbas to insist on it. For that reason alone there will never be an official " Palestinian State" :cuckoo: :clap2:

The Right of Return is not a realistic option - it would be demographic suicide for Israel. I think that is one of the points Abbas will have to give in on, but Israel could offer reparations.

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span. And Abbas does not have the authority to do this alone. He is not representing all of the Palestinian people.

Hamas was originally created by Israel to offset Fatah's power...the old divide and conquer strategy used by all invaders...its worked to a point, but so slowly that this local conflict is widening as we speak...Israel divided the Palestinians but it backfired and in the process are uniting the Arab Nations against her as they all Islamize through the Arab Spring.

Doesn't matter who created what. If the "Palestinian" Arabs continue to team up with the anti-American muslim nutjobs it'll be their loss

I'd really like to know what posters think about this historic and bewildering event that took place. I still don't get it. It was all handed to him on a silver platter and he refused to form a Palestinian State.
Supposedly he did it it out of fear. Fear that he would be killed by his buddies. He wanted to die a natural death from AIDS. He was a sly ol' devil.

Because he wanted all of Israel.

I'd really like to know what posters think about this historic and bewildering event that took place. I still don't get it. It was all handed to him on a silver platter and he refused to form a Palestinian State.
Supposedly he did it it out of fear. Fear that he would be killed by his buddies. He wanted to die a natural death from AIDS. He was a sly ol' devil.

Because he wanted all of Israel.

^^^
Exactly!!

No, it's not. As much as the Arab States would like it to happen they're not pushing for it. Neither is the U.N. As much as Obama might be trying to " push" Israel he has stated on many occasions he does not support " Right of Return"

I want Abbas to insist on it. For that reason alone there will never be an official " Palestinian State" :cuckoo: :clap2:

The Right of Return is not a realistic option - it would be demographic suicide for Israel. I think that is one of the points Abbas will have to give in on, but Israel could offer reparations.

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span. And Abbas does not have the authority to do this alone. He is not representing all of the Palestinian people.

Sure, injustice was done - but it's considerably more complicated than that. What about all the Jews that were forced out of Arab lands, losing all their rights and property (they weren't allowed to take anything with them) - do they have a right of return?

Injustice has been piled upon injustice in this conflict and perhaps a limited case by case right of return could be negotiated but anything on a large scale simply isn't feasible - it's no more more feasible than expecting the Palestinians to all migrate to Jordan.

No divided Jerusalem.

No right of return.

One single Jewish state.

No negotiation.

The Camp David Summit assumes that all parties were there to negotiate and come up with ideas. Such was not so:

According to Shlomo Ben-Ami Israel's top negotiator during the July 2000 Camp David summit,"when Arafat signed the Oslo Agreement in 1993, his understanding was that he would eventually get all of his demands. This is the whole story in a nutshell. But no one bothered to give us the heads up on this matter...why didn't they tell us beforehand: 'guys, its worthless to go for a summit since for us its either all or nothing'...my argument is that there is a problem with a mythological Palestinian leader and leadership that presupposes it has already made its concessions."

"The interesting fact is that on that same night Clinton told them 'if you reject my proposal, at least offer your own, since at that point in time " and this is the heart of the matter " Arafat realized that the entire Camp David deal, even if minor adjustments were made, is not congruent with Palestinian mythology, and thus he did not think it was worthwhile..."
Ben-Ami's Camp David Diaries

his stated reason was that he didn't want to be killed.

he was afraid he'd be "drinking tea with rabin" (his words).

and i believe it was 98%

The right of return belongs to the refugees. Nobody can negotiate that away.

Ok...so....what then do you do with 4 million Palestinians?

Why worry about it? The Palestinians weren't worried about the Jews the four times they invaded then got their asses kicked.

So...the Palestinians will become Israeli's?

It will be taken care of appropriately. I would suggest they be given a portion of Siberia as a trust under the Russian government. But wiser heads than mine will decide.

The right of return belongs to the refugees. Nobody can negotiate that away.

Fine. Let Abbas keep insisting on it. That is one thing Obama says he will not support. Not even the Arab Nations or the U.N. is insisting on it. That alone will prevent the formation of a " Palestinian State" :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back