Why did Arafat turn down 97% of the W Bank and all of Gaza in 2000?

Yawn. Document where he said he was for "Right of Return"'. Just admit you're a liar
Nitwit, I never claimed that Obama said he supported "Right of Return".

I just said that many times he would say one thing and do the opposite.

And used his promise of closing Gitmo before the election as an example......... :cool:

Gitmo has nothing to do with this; You moron. He also promised to raise taxes and he did :cuckoo:

Indeed, he always does the bad stuff but none of the good stuff.

Nitwit, I never claimed that Obama said he supported "Right of Return".

I just said that many times he would say one thing and do the opposite.

And used his promise of closing Gitmo before the election as an example......... :cool:

Gitmo has nothing to do with this; You moron. He also promised to raise taxes and he did :cuckoo:

Indeed, he always does the bad stuff but none of the good stuff.
I agree. He should close that vacation paradise in Gitmo and move them to Point Barrow, Alaska.

Translation; Right of Return. Of course here the Pro- Palestinian states it a different way . :eusa_hand: :eek:

Translation: what she said....like reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span

is what she said. Not what you said.

You need a new translator :)

Reparations were already discussed which was turned down. Olmert offered " Right of Return" to some refugees that was also rejected.

I don't need a new translator at all. You Guys do. :cuckoo:

It doesn't matter whether they were discussed and turned down - it's not what Sherri said.:cuckoo:

The Olmert negotiations were never concluded because Olmert was forced out of office.

Definition of NEGOTIATE

b: to arrange for or bring about through conference, discussion, and compromise <negotiate a treaty>

Maybe there is something wrong with me but above is the definition of " negotiation". I don't see where Israel going back to Borders that were never recognized or accepted , giving up all rights to E. Jerusalem where their most religious sites are, and allowing " Right of Return" which would eventually makes Jews a minority in their own Country " negotiation". Exactly what is Abbas doing to " negptiate?" What Compromises is he willing to make. He has made it clear; My way or the High- Way. I would hardly call that " negotiation" :eusa_hand:

The same thing could be argued about Israel's stance. I don't see how Abbas can negotiate as long as settlement building continues to erode any possibility of a Palestinian state.

I agree that right of return isn't possible, but Jeruselum could become - again - a shared capital (assuming Israel hasn't cleared the Arab quarter out by then).

Regardless of Settlement building Abbas demands not one Israeli ( Jew or Arab) inside Palestine. Olmert offered that E. Jerusalem become a Shared City and be the Capital of Palestine with International Forces vs. Israeli but that was rejected also. He is demanding " Right of Return". Why is he insisting?

The settlement issue is extremely important - if Israel refused to concede on that one point, why expect Abbas to concede on anything? (And yes - Abbas must also make concessions).

The thing is though - Abbas and Olmert were never able to complete their negotiations so it doesn't matter what he offered, it was abruptly terminated when he was forced out of office and there was no guarantee that his successor would follow through.

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span. And Abbas does not have the authority to do this alone. He is not representing all of the Palestinian people.

The right of return belongs to the refugees. Nobody can negotiate that away.

"THE RIGHT OF RETURN" does not exist anywhere in
the world Countries have the right to reject. Maldives--a
few years ago passed a law that all non muslim citizens---
lose their citizenship-----Maldives had a right to do that.
If Israel allowed all persons who call themselves "palestinian
refugees" to "return" but denied them citizenship---or any
benefits ---would that be ok? I do support laws that protect
ALL people-----and programs for the benefit of all people---and
equity. A demand that Israel "repartriate" its enemies
sworn to destroy it ----is not only untenable----it can be made
only by RACIST BIGOTS ---like you.
Is one uses the pali- nazi
arabist definition of "refugee"----there are hundreds of millions
of refugees in the world ----if you cannot make your demands
equitable----you reveal yourself as ---hopelessly racist

I'd be careful who you designate "racist-bigots" if I were you.

Something about blackened kitchen utensils comes to mind.

The right of return belongs to the refugees. Nobody can negotiate that away.

racists are people who support INEQUITIES.

I'd really like to know what posters think about this historic and bewildering event that took place. I still don't get it. It was all handed to him on a silver platter and he refused to form a Palestinian State.

Because if he had, they'd have had no reason to continue killing Jews.

racists are people who support INEQUITIES.

Well there you go then, I think you made my point.

Translation: what she said....like reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span

is what she said. Not what you said.

You need a new translator :)

Reparations were already discussed which was turned down. Olmert offered " Right of Return" to some refugees that was also rejected.

It doesn't matter whether they were discussed and turned down - it's not what Sherri said.:cuckoo:

The Olmert negotiations were never concluded because Olmert was forced out of office.

Doesn't matter that he was forced out. His offers were rejected outright. She did speak of " Right of Return" although it was in a " limited amt over a period of time" The results are the same. :eek:

"The 97% offer to Arafat was a joke; PR smoke and mirrors.

Would you buy 97% of a car from a salesman?

When the other 3% he kept was the engine and transmission.

Sure the car might look good...... but you couldn't drive it anywhere........"
:cool:

Speaking of driving....................
smiley_emoticons_aufsitzrasenmaeher.gif

deltalina2.gif

1965-Mustang-white.jpg

AfghanWomen.jpg

get lost.
StuckMechanicanimated.gif

Doesn't matter that he was forced out. His offers were rejected outright. She did speak of " Right of Return" although it was in a " limited amt over a period of time" The results are the same. :eek:

The process of negotiation (and bargaining in ME cultures) often includes outright rejection of initial offers. Look at our own Congress for example ...

I'm not saying Abbas would have eventually accepted it or not - there's no way of knowing because it was cut short.

Forum List

Back