Why did Arafat turn down 97% of the W Bank and all of Gaza in 2000?

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span. And Abbas does not have the authority to do this alone. He is not representing all of the Palestinian people.

The right of return belongs to the refugees. Nobody can negotiate that away.

Fine. Let Abbas keep insisting on it. That is one thing Obama says he will not support. Not even the Arab Nations or the U.N. is insisting on it. That alone will prevent the formation of a " Palestinian State" :cuckoo:

Why would you want to prevent the formation of a Palestinian State?

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations

or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span.

Translation; Right of Return. Of course here the Pro- Palestinian states it a different way . :eusa_hand: :eek:

no right of return exists

a Palestinian homeland in the far east needs to be created and enforced

The Right of Return is not a realistic option - it would be demographic suicide for Israel. I think that is one of the points Abbas will have to give in on, but Israel could offer reparations.

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations

Translation; Right of Return. Of course here the Pro- Palestinian states it a different way . :eusa_hand: :eek:

Translation: what she said....like reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span

is what she said. Not what you said.

You need a new translator :)

Arafat ( also Abbas ) is demanding a pathway inside Israel connecting the W. Bank and Gaza with the Palestinians having total control. Why are they entitled to ANY land inside Israel? What " offers" were made by Abbas or Arafat for a piece of Israel's land?

that is the BUGABOO (spelling?) that makes my idea of gaza plus
a chunk of the SINAI more workable Historically ---that is very good land..
Gaza was ---in ancient times a self sustaining city----with lots of
agriculture ---it has POTENTIAL ---and when jews did YAMIT---
in sinai---it was very profitable and they can get lots of Mediterranean.

Time to be creative -----egypt should make the concession----it is
egypt that DID THE 1967 war-----it was actually EGYPT that kept
gaza down for 20 years and then made gaza and OCCUPIED land--
not that it was any better off when Egypt controlled things

Palestinians in the West Bank are culturally different than Palestinians in Gaza. Maybe the West Bank ought to be absorbed into Israel, with all inhabitents becoming Israeli citizens and Gaza and a chunk of the Sinai become a Palestinian state. It's a thought....
Correct. The Gazans are Egyptian Palestinians and the West Bankers are Syrian Palestinians. Two different cultures.

Why would you want to prevent the formation of a Palestinian State

Definition of NEGOTIATE

b: to arrange for or bring about through conference, discussion, and compromise <negotiate a treaty>

Maybe there is something wrong with me but above is the definition of " negotiation". I don't see where Israel going back to Borders that were never recognized or accepted , giving up all rights to E. Jerusalem where their most religious sites are, and allowing " Right of Return" which would eventually makes Jews a minority in their own Country " negotiation". Exactly what is Abbas doing to " negptiate?" What Compromises is he willing to make. He has made it clear; My way or the High- Way. I would hardly call that " negotiation" :eusa_hand:

I'd really like to know what posters think about this historic and bewildering event that took place. I still don't get it. It was all handed to him on a silver platter and he refused to form a Palestinian State.

his stated reason was that he didn't want to be killed.

he was afraid he'd be "drinking tea with rabin" (his words).

and i believe it was 98%
You win a seegar!

Fine. Let Abbas keep insisting on it. That is one thing Obama says he will not support. Not even the Arab Nations or the U.N. is insisting on it. That alone will prevent the formation of a " Palestinian State" :cuckoo:

Definition of NEGOTIATE

b: to arrange for or bring about through conference, discussion, and compromise <negotiate a treaty>

Maybe there is something wrong with me but above is the definition of " negotiation". I don't see where Israel going back to Borders that were never recognized or accepted , giving up all rights to E. Jerusalem where their most religious sites are, and allowing " Right of Return" which would eventually makes Jews a minority in their own Country " negotiation". Exactly what is Abbas doing to " negptiate?" What Compromises is he willing to make. He has made it clear; My way or the High- Way. I would hardly call that " negotiation" :eusa_hand:

The same thing could be argued about Israel's stance. I don't see how Abbas can negotiate as long as settlement building continues to erode any possibility of a Palestinian state.

I agree that right of return isn't possible, but Jeruselum could become - again - a shared capital (assuming Israel hasn't cleared the Arab quarter out by then).

I'd really like to know what posters think about this historic and bewildering event that took place. I still don't get it. It was all handed to him on a silver platter and he refused to form a Palestinian State.

The same reason why abortion will never be outlawed in the US.

The "fight" is more important (and lucrative) than the "victory".

Translation: what she said....like reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span

is what she said. Not what you said.

You need a new translator :)

Reparations were already discussed which was turned down. Olmert offered " Right of Return" to some refugees that was also rejected.

I don't need a new translator at all. You Guys do. :cuckoo:

Definition of NEGOTIATE

The same thing could be argued about Israel's stance. I don't see how Abbas can negotiate as long as settlement building continues to erode any possibility of a Palestinian state.

I agree that right of return isn't possible, but Jeruselum could become - again - a shared capital (assuming Israel hasn't cleared the Arab quarter out by then).

Regardless of Settlement building Abbas demands not one Israeli ( Jew or Arab) inside Palestine. Olmert offered that E. Jerusalem become a Shared City and be the Capital of Palestine with International Forces vs. Israeli but that was rejected also. He is demanding " Right of Return". Why is he insisting?

Definition of NEGOTIATE

Regardless of Settlement building Abbas demands not one Israeli ( Jew or Arab) inside Palestine. Olmert offered that E. Jerusalem become a Shared City and be the Capital of Palestine with International Forces vs. Israeli but that was rejected also. He is demanding " Right of Return". Why is he insisting?

The deal wasn't done because it wasn't meant to be, thank G-d. Those terms will never again be put out there...Damn libs would give up their right arm for so-called "peace", they'd sign the deal with their left arm...idiots:eusa_eh:

Definition of NEGOTIATE

Do you ever think that the Arabs will let the Jews pray peacefully on the Temple Mount?

Muslim mob prevents Jews from visiting Temple Mount - Israel Today | Israel News

The Right of Return is not a realistic option - it would be demographic suicide for Israel. I think that is one of the points Abbas will have to give in on, but Israel could offer reparations.

The point is the Injustice done has to be recognized and some attempts made to make it right, like Reparations or allowing some refugees to return over an extended time span. And Abbas does not have the authority to do this alone. He is not representing all of the Palestinian people.

The right of return belongs to the refugees. Nobody can negotiate that away.

"THE RIGHT OF RETURN" does not exist anywhere in
the world Countries have the right to reject. Maldives--a
few years ago passed a law that all non muslim citizens---
lose their citizenship-----Maldives had a right to do that.
If Israel allowed all persons who call themselves "palestinian
refugees" to "return" but denied them citizenship---or any
benefits ---would that be ok? I do support laws that protect
ALL people-----and programs for the benefit of all people---and
equity. A demand that Israel "repartriate" its enemies
sworn to destroy it ----is not only untenable----it can be made
only by RACIST BIGOTS ---like you. Is one uses the pali- nazi
arabist definition of "refugee"----there are hundreds of millions
of refugees in the world ----if you cannot make your demands
equitable----you reveal yourself as ---hopelessly racist

So you believe Obama??..........:lol:

Never figured you to be an Obamabot........ :cuckoo:

Document where he has stated he's for " Right of Return". You can't because you're a liar. Even the U.N. and the Arab States aren't pushing for it
And pres. Obama promised to close Gitmo before his fist election.

But hey, since you are an Obamabot and believe his every word........ :cuckoo:

Yawn. Document where he said he was for "Right of Return"'. Just admit you're a liar

Document where he has stated he's for " Right of Return". You can't because you're a liar. Even the U.N. and the Arab States aren't pushing for it

Yawn. Document where he said he was for "Right of Return"'. Just admit you're a liar
Nitwit, I never claimed that Obama said he supported "Right of Return".

I just said that many times he would say one thing and do the opposite.

And used his promise of closing Gitmo before the election as an example......... :cool:

Last edited:
Good question. It's called Palestinian Mentality!

Because the silver platter was, in reality, a paper plate.

They offered him everything he wanted and at the time anyone who agreed with Israel would receive the same fate as Sadat. They made an example of him. Back then anyone who made peace with Israel would meet this end.

"Right od Return" is going to happen one way or the other.......... :cool:

You know sunni, you have the right to return to any cat litter country in the middle east. Why aren't you leaving? You do realize that the US doesn't want muslims here, don't you?:cool:

Nitwit, I never claimed that Obama said he supported "Right of Return".

I just said that many times he would say one thing and do the opposite.

And used his promise of closing Gitmo before the election as an example......... :cool:

Gitmo has nothing to do with this; You moron. He also promised to raise taxes and he did :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back