why can't transgenderism be considered a mental disorder?

Here's further proof that the left has gone insane.

40 years ago the East Germans were scum for pretending men were women to win Olympic events. Today "men" are heroes for pretending to be women.

LOL fucking retards.

I'm kind of wondering why homosexuality can't be considered a mental disorder and lock up gay people so they can get treated?

Liberalism is the mental disorder. I swear I'm pretty down the middle on almost all issues, but reading this board makes me want to make a hard right turn. Some of these loons are outright retarded.

try a bit more BALANCE_---mr fair

Oh, I am fair, Not my fault the number of mentally disturbed liberals on this board (that I've encountered anyway) far outweigh the number of mentally disturbed conservatives. Rest assured though, when I see a stupid person posting stupid shit, I live to call them out for it.

I had not noticed

"why can't transgenderism be considered a mental disorder?"

[Rhetorical] Why can't conservatives allow citizens to live their lives as they see fit, and stop trying to compel conformity.

Just because conservatives are frightened by something they don't understand doesn't mean someone has a "mental illness."

I'm kind of wondering why homosexuality can't be considered a mental disorder and lock up gay people so they can get treated?
Medical professionals do consider transgender disorder a mental illness. Only the liberals who worship perversity will disagree.

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’
By Michael W. Chapman | June 2, 2015 | 1:34 PM EDT
paul_r_mchugh_md2.jpg

Dr. Paul R. McHugh. (Photo:

Johns Hopkins Medicine)

(CNSNews.com) -- Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recentcommentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Mc Hugh is bucking the system DSM 5 ----
which is why he made news

[Rhetorical] Why can't conservatives allow citizens to live their lives as they see fit, and stop trying to compel conformity.

Just because conservatives are frightened by something they don't understand doesn't mean someone has a "mental illness."

You are one dumb fucker. There are of course authoritarians on the right who want to tell others how to live their lives, but there are on the left as well.

How about gun obsession. That's gotta be a mental illness .

Religious people believing in hocus pocus . Talking to imaginary beings . That's kray kray shit !

Religious people believing in hocus pocus . Talking to imaginary beings . That's kray kray shit !

Freud would have something to say about '
GUN OBSESSION-----not psychosis

belief in the details of standard religions is
defined as "not illness" by DSM standards

Faith dates back to the beginning of mankind. And obsessing over someone trying to deprive you of a constitutionally granted right is wrong how?

We really don't care if some nutter identifies as a dragon... it's when they come busting into my life demanding that I accommodate them that I have a problem. So, let me ask you this, what will happen when I call my insurance company and tell them I am a woman? Will I get the female rates?

Faith dates back to the beginning of mankind. And obsessing over someone trying to deprive you of a constitutionally granted right is wrong how?

not WRONG----obsession with guns is a
normal developmental stage in the
maturation of male humans. See Piaget and
Freud

Multiple wives dates back to the beginning of man. What's your point .?

It can be. Words are human inventions and we can do anything we like. Humans have all sorts of fun words to play with, like 'rights' and 'god' and 'freedom'. We can play all the linguistic gymnastics we want to with all our creations. Nazism can be considered sick, conservatism can be, democracy can be. There is simply no end to how silly we can get.

Why can't conservatives allow citizens to live their lives as they see fit

OK, let's let women live their lives as they see fit: enjoying the segregated hygiene facilities away from men as they always have. Oh, wait...what women want to live their lives like doesn't count in the face of a handful of male delusionists who want a free pass behind doors marked "women".. Women don't count, right?

Next, Clayton will tell us how "most women are OK with strange men using showers with them." :lmao: That's the latest completely fabricated bullshit lie the left wing media is pumping out like sewage. Sure, because most women you've talked to or overheard talking about men using women's showers/bathrooms etc have been nothing be cool and receptive to it, right? (just ignore your 100% real life experience and believe what Clayton et al tell you "the polls say")

Careful what you wish for .

If it's a mental disorder then that means gays fall under the Americans with Disablities Act and all those protections that go with it.

Bulimics are just as mentally ill. Does that mean the "Americans with Disabilities Act" would force restaurants to place vomit urns on all the tables? No. Just because you have a mental illness doesn't mean the world has to enable it. It just means you're mentally ill.

Careful what you wish for .

If it's a mental disorder then that means gays fall under the Americans with Disablities Act and all those protections that go with it.

Bulimics are just as mentally ill. Does that mean the "Americans with Disabilities Act" would force restaurants to place vomit urns on all the tables? No. Just because you have a mental illness doesn't mean the world has to enable it. It just means you're mentally ill.

You couldn't refuse to serve a bullimic .

not WRONG----obsession with guns is a
normal developmental stage in the
maturation of male humans. See Piaget and
Freud

People aren't obsessed with guns.. you're missing the point. It's about the attempted infringement upon a guaranteed right. Want to talk about obsession though, what about the anti-gun crowd?

Multiple wives dates back to the beginning of man. What's your point .?

Uhm, no Sparky, what's your point?

It can be. Words are human inventions and we can do anything we like. Humans have all sorts of fun words to play with, like 'rights' and 'god' and 'freedom'. We can play all the linguistic gymnastics we want to with all our creations. Nazism can be considered sick, conservatism can be, democracy can be. There is simply no end to how silly we can get.

And it was wasn't it?

According to the American Psychiatric Association, until 1974 homosexuality was a mental illness. Freud had alluded to homosexuality numerous times in his writings, and had concluded that paranoia and homosexuality were inseparable. Other psychiatrists wrote copiously on the subject, and homosexuality was “treated” on a wide basis. There was little or no suggestion within the psychiatric community that homosexuality might be conceptualized as anything other than a mental illness that needed to be treated

Mental Health Diagnoses Decided by Vote, Not Discovery

Then in 2012

Being transgender no longer a 'mental disorder': APA

When the voices in your head tell you that your DNA is wrong it has to be a mental condition. In the freest Country in the world mental disorders are tolerated and people are allowed to act out whatever fantasy is in their minds as long as it doesn't injure anyone. The problem comes when an abusive federal government decides to pander to less than 1% of society to squeeze a couple of votes from their left wing base. The 1st Amendment gives troubled people the right to parade around in whatever outfits they feel comfortable in but it also gives us the right to laugh at them. It's part of the sissie left's war on women to force girls to accept confused boys in the locker room and women to tolerate fake women in the ladies room. The agenda seems to be backfiring big time and it will hurt democrats in the fall election.

Providing people don't find out that Donald Trump approves of men in women's bathrooms in the Trump Towers....as long as they don't find out Trump is all on board with the LGBT agenda, he should do just fine.. Between the two in all honesty, I'd say Hillary is more anti-LGBT than Trump. Maybe not by much, but enough to make the difference. Does anyone know if she's made a public statement on men using women's showers, bathrooms etc? Because Trump definitely has..

Which begs the question why anyone thinks Trump is conservative...

Forum List

Back