why can't transgenderism be considered a mental disorder?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm kind of wondering why homosexuality can't be considered a mental disorder and lock up gay people so they can get treated?

When the voices in your head tell you that your DNA is wrong it has to be a mental condition. In the freest Country in the world mental disorders are tolerated and people are allowed to act out whatever fantasy is in their minds as long as it doesn't injure anyone. The problem comes when an abusive federal government decides to pander to less than 1% of society to squeeze a couple of votes from their left wing base. The 1st Amendment gives troubled people the right to parade around in whatever outfits they feel comfortable in but it also gives us the right to laugh at them. It's part of the sissie left's war on women to force girls to accept confused boys in the locker room and women to tolerate fake women in the ladies room. The agenda seems to be backfiring big time and it will hurt democrats in the fall election.

When the voices in your head tell you that your DNA is wrong it has to be a mental condition. In the freest Country in the world mental disorders are tolerated and people are allowed to act out whatever fantasy is in their minds as long as it doesn't injure anyone. The problem comes when an abusive federal government decides to pander to less than 1% of society to squeeze a couple of votes from their left wing base. The 1st Amendment gives troubled people the right to parade around in whatever outfits they feel comfortable in but it also gives us the right to laugh at them. It's part of the sissie left's war on women to force girls to accept confused boys in the locker room and women to tolerate fake women in the ladies room. The agenda seems to be backfiring big time and it will hurt democrats in the fall election.

Forget pink, this is what real men wear.

upload_2016-6-9_10-41-50.png

I'm kind of wondering why homosexuality can't be considered a mental disorder and lock up gay people so they can get treated?

Liberalism is the mental disorder. I swear I'm pretty down the middle on almost all issues, but reading this board makes me want to make a hard right turn. Some of these loons are outright retarded.

Because we don't "lock up" people with mental illness in preference to seeing them get regular outpatient treatment. If we did, we'd have to "lock up" all the bulimics, anorexics, drug addicts and people with OCD.

This thread is an attempt to milk sympathy for LGBT. What an outrageous claim....going from "you should get therapy" to ..."we're going to lock you up!".

I call bullshit.

a consortium of psychiatrists DEFINE that which constitutes mental illness -----and write it up in
the DIAGNOSTIC AND STATISTICAL MANUAL an interesting read---we are up to
the FIFTH revision. There is no question that
there are all kinds of PRESSURES that bear upon those decisions---but there are basic
principles. One to keep in mind is-----"no fantasy can be considered 'abnormal' until
it is ACTED UPON" by extension---action upon weird fantasies are all ok unless they
are CRIMINAL.

Liberalism is the mental disorder. I swear I'm pretty down the middle on almost all issues, but reading this board makes me want to make a hard right turn. Some of these loons are outright retarded.

try a bit more BALANCE_---mr fair

Providing people don't find out that Donald Trump approves of men in women's bathrooms in the Trump Towers....as long as they don't find out Trump is all on board with the LGBT agenda, he should do just fine.. Between the two in all honesty, I'd say Hillary is more anti-LGBT than Trump. Maybe not by much, but enough to make the difference. Does anyone know if she's made a public statement on men using women's showers, bathrooms etc? Because Trump definitely has..

try a bit more BALANCE_---mr fair

Oh, I am fair, Not my fault the number of mentally disturbed liberals on this board (that I've encountered anyway) far outweigh the number of mentally disturbed conservatives. Rest assured though, when I see a stupid person posting stupid shit, I live to call them out for it.

Providing people don't find out that Donald Trump approves of men in women's bathrooms in the Trump Towers....as long as they don't find out Trump is all on board with the LGBT agenda, he should do just fine.. Between the two in all honesty, I'd say Hillary is more anti-LGBT than Trump. Maybe not by much, but enough to make the difference. Does anyone know if she's made a public statement on men using women's showers, bathrooms etc?

Who gives two shits what bathroom policy Trump has in HIS bathrooms? Don't like it, don't go to his buildings.

I don't understand why so many people can't figure that out. There is no reason to use the government to force businesses to do things they don't want to do, the free market will always demand that businesses always do what the majority of their customers want them to do .

Medical professionals do consider transgender disorder a mental illness. Only the liberals who worship perversity will disagree.

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’
By Michael W. Chapman | June 2, 2015 | 1:34 PM EDT
paul_r_mchugh_md2.jpg

Dr. Paul R. McHugh. (Photo:

Johns Hopkins Medicine)

(CNSNews.com) -- Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recentcommentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Careful what you wish for .

If it's a mental disorder then that means gays fall under the Americans with Disablities Act and all those protections that go with it.

I'm guessing you'd be just happy to see gays parking in handicapped spots!

It is a mental disorder.

But here's a thought... if you're a man, call your insurance company and tell them you're a woman. Women's rates are typically lower.

Let me know how this works out.

:)

Careful what you wish for .

If it's a mental disorder then that means gays fall under the Americans with Disablities Act and all those protections that go with it.

I'm guessing you'd be just happy to see gays parking in handicapped spots!

That only works if you think that these folks we're discussing are all gay.

Providing people don't find out that Donald Trump approves of men in women's bathrooms in the Trump Towers....as long as they don't find out Trump is all on board with the LGBT agenda, he should do just fine.. Between the two in all honesty, I'd say Hillary is more anti-LGBT than Trump. Maybe not by much, but enough to make the difference. Does anyone know if she's made a public statement on men using women's showers, bathrooms etc? Because Trump definitely has..

I didn't know the Queen of Bull Dykes was anti-LGBT. I learn something new every century.

It is a mental disorder.

But here's a thought... if your a man, call your insurance company and tell them you're a woman. Women's rates are typically lower.

I called my friend in Grand Prairie and suggested we enter his 3-year old stallions as 2-year old fillies. He got all excited, said it hadn't occurred to him and he's willing to do it. He said for my idea he is going to split the winnings with me. We'll clean up till the Mob catches on.

It is a mental disorder.

But here's a thought... if your a man, call your insurance company and tell them you're a woman. Women's rates are typically lower.

I called my friend in Grand Prairie and suggested we enter his 3-year old stallions as 2-year old fillies. He got all excited, said it hadn't occurred to him and he's willing to do it. He said for my idea he is going to split the winnings with me. We'll clean up till the Mob catches on.

Then you and he will be fitted for cement shoes

It is a mental disorder.

Then you and he will be fitted for cement shoes
I know but it'll be fun while it lasts.

Forum List

Back