Why Bill Russell is the NBA GOAT

In this show I'm watching they make the Lakers seem like a losing franchise before Buss while Boston won all the time no doubt. Then Buss purchased the Lakers and during that rivalry, LA won 5. Boston won 3. Seems like Magic was the key.
Lakers had Jabbar, Chamberlin, West, Baylor, Goodrich, Mikan. They won several championships before Buss, they were a storied franchise especially when they moved to LA. They won 15 division titles, 7 championships, 3 conference titles, 15 appearances in the NBA finals all from 1949-1980.

They series seems to spin that era into the Lakers favor.

Lakers had Jabbar, Chamberlin, West, Baylor, Goodrich, Mikan. They won several championships before Buss, they were a storied franchise especially when they moved to LA. They won 15 division titles, 7 championships, 3 conference titles, 15 appearances in the NBA finals all from 1949-1980.

They series seems to spin that era into the Lakers favor.
Remember this is right before he purchased the Lakers. 74-79 I didn't see the Lakers name once in the NBA finals. Meanwhile, the Celtics were the "franchise" team in the NBA. The bar.

The way they tell it Buss was crazy for buying the team and people thought the NBA was going out of business. The ratings were in the tank.

Let's call this the Jerry West era. He never made the finals as a coach.

You mean they aren't telling it right?

Remember this is right before he purchased the Lakers. 74-79 I didn't see the Lakers name once in the NBA finals. Meanwhile, the Celtics were the "franchise" team in the NBA. The bar.

The way they tell it Buss was crazy for buying the team and people thought the NBA was going out of business. The ratings were in the tank.

Let's call this the Jerry West era. He never made the finals as a coach.

You mean they aren't telling it right?
In the late 70's, MLB was THE sport followed by the NFL and then the NBA was a distant 3rd. As I remember the Lakers in the early 70's had a couple soft years, they traded for Jabbar, drafted Worthy and played in the Western Conference Finals in 77, they were heavy favorites and lost to Portland in four straight.

Buying one of the two best franchises in NBA history was not crazy even though ratings were down, the NBA was not going away and when Magic and Bird joined, the ratings started to return.

The main thing that happened was the rival of the Boston, LA rivalry.

Different game with the NBA being a sideshow to other sports
Celtics had to beat seven other teams to win a Championship

Hardly compares to the Pats having to beat 31 teams

Chamberlain was better
Of the 31 teams my Pats beat only five or six were real threats every season. Back then and I am guessing, most teams in the NBA were good given the dearth of teams.

Of the 31 teams my Pats beat only five or six were real threats every season. Back then and I am guessing, most teams in the NBA were good given the dearth of teams.
As I remember, most of them sucked and there were maybe two other teams that could compete with the Celts

You would know better than me. Wilt and West had a hard time with them. Fair?
Lakers and Warriors could match up for a game or two but not a whole series

Jerry West and Elgin Baylor were great but the Celts were deep
Wilt never had much of a cast around him

Malone and Dr J? Fuck. I want to see that 4 game series.

This collaboration was the polar opposite a more current situation like Durant at Golden State! It was Curry's team even though KD won MVP Finals Honors! His ego couldn't deal with it which couldn't be filled by $$ and bu##-kissing! Today's athletes have really put me off pro sports of late! The NFL though was spectacular with all those playoff thrillers, but I can honestly do without Baseball, The Olympics, & Soccer! At least in Soccer the obscene salaries are taken care of by the owners and their wealth for the most part I'd hope! Salaries for USA sports are so out of control, even the concessions have taken the average family out of the price range to enjoy an event! :dunno: :eek::icon_cry::rolleyes::omg:

This collaboration was the polar opposite a more current situation like Durant at Golden State! It was Curry's team even though KD won MVP Finals Honors! His ego couldn't deal with it which couldn't be filled by $$ and bu##-kissing! Today's athletes have really put me off pro sports of late! The NFL though was spectacular with all those playoff thrillers, but I can honestly do without Baseball, The Olympics, & Soccer! At least in Soccer the obscene salaries are taken care of by the owners and their wealth for the most part I'd hope! Salaries for USA sports are so out of control, even the concessions have taken the average family out of the price range to enjoy an event! :dunno: :eek::icon_cry::rolleyes::omg:
I remember early on in durants career knowing or thinking he and lebron would be the bird magic of today. I really thought Durant was great. And today they talk very highly of him like he’s unstoppable. Is he better than Kobe? Yianni? He gets hurt a lot. Is he past his prime? Will the nets win it all? They need to let kyrie play.

Warriors finally got green back and curry got hurt. Can they win it all? The suns will fail even though they look great right now even without Chris Paul.

I can’t wait to see Russell Wilson play mahomes twice.

I heard Brady was going to retire and run the Miami team but that black coach suing screwed it up so Brady has nothing to do for a year. When the lawsuit is over, Brady will run the Dolphins next year. Who will be the coach? Sean Payton from the Saints. Not this year, the nex season. You heard it here first.

Bill Russell is the GOAT of Basketball: Here's why...

- 11 NBA Championships. He won the NBA championship in 85% of the seasons he played.
- 5 MVP's
- 12 times NBA All Star
- Arguably the best defender in NBA history
- Averaged for his career 15 ppg, 22.5 rpg, 4.3 apg

The Celtics had Red Auerbach, Bob Cousey, and other good Celtics players before Russell was on the team and they never made the NBA finals. The Celtics only saw true success once Russell arrived.

More stats:
- Bill missed 4 games in 1962 and they went 0-4 (with Cousy, Sharman, and Coach Red), then he missed 5 games in 1969 and they went 0-5 (with Sam Jones, Havilicek, etc.). And those two streaks are the two largest losing streaks in the entire career of Bill Russell. The guy didn't lose much.
- When Russell retired, the Celtics went from a 48 win team to a 34 win team, even though Havlicek, and other all stars continued playing
- Russell averaged 20 rebounds per game in 10 of the 13 years he played, and once hauled in 51 rebounds.

There was no player that had more grit and will to win than Bill Russell. He kept some of the greatest players of all time from winning championships.. such as Jerry West, Wilt Chaimberlin, Elgin Baylor, and Oscar Robertson.
Who's Bill Russell? Did C's get knocked out yet? I'm not from the East Coast, so I'd take Wilt (Warriors = my team), Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Big O.

Who's Bill Russell? Did C's get knocked out yet? I'm not from the East Coast, so I'd take Wilt (Warriors = my team), Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Big O.
You should watch winning time. Jerry west is a character. At first you don’t like him but now I’m starting to like him. He helped magic his rookie year.

Bill Russell is the GOAT of Basketball: Here's why...

- 11 NBA Championships. He won the NBA championship in 85% of the seasons he played.
- 5 MVP's
- 12 times NBA All Star
- Arguably the best defender in NBA history
- Averaged for his career 15 ppg, 22.5 rpg, 4.3 apg

The Celtics had Red Auerbach, Bob Cousey, and other good Celtics players before Russell was on the team and they never made the NBA finals. The Celtics only saw true success once Russell arrived.

More stats:
- Bill missed 4 games in 1962 and they went 0-4 (with Cousy, Sharman, and Coach Red), then he missed 5 games in 1969 and they went 0-5 (with Sam Jones, Havilicek, etc.). And those two streaks are the two largest losing streaks in the entire career of Bill Russell. The guy didn't lose much.
- When Russell retired, the Celtics went from a 48 win team to a 34 win team, even though Havlicek, and other all stars continued playing
- Russell averaged 20 rebounds per game in 10 of the 13 years he played, and once hauled in 51 rebounds.

There was no player that had more grit and will to win than Bill Russell. He kept some of the greatest players of all time from winning championships.. such as Jerry West, Wilt Chaimberlin, Elgin Baylor, and Oscar Robertson.
Abdul-Jabbar is the NBA all-time leading scorer with 38,387 points, and he won a record six MVP awards. He won six NBA championships and two Finals MVP awards, was voted to 15 All-NBA and 11 All-Defensive Teams, and was selected to a record 19 All-Star teams. He averaged 24.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.6 assists, and 2.6 blocks per game. Abdul-Jabbar is ranked as the NBA's third leading all-time rebounder (17,440). He is the third all-time in registered blocks (3,189), which is impressive because this basketball statistic was not recorded until the fourth year of his career (1974). He had three straight seasons where he averaged at least 30 points and 16 rebounds, and six times he averaged at least 27 points and 14.5 rebounds in the same season.

Abdul-Jabbar is the NBA all-time leading scorer with 38,387 points, and he won a record six MVP awards. He won six NBA championships and two Finals MVP awards, was voted to 15 All-NBA and 11 All-Defensive Teams, and was selected to a record 19 All-Star teams. He averaged 24.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.6 assists, and 2.6 blocks per game. Abdul-Jabbar is ranked as the NBA's third leading all-time rebounder (17,440). He is the third all-time in registered blocks (3,189), which is impressive because this basketball statistic was not recorded until the fourth year of his career (1974). He had three straight seasons where he averaged at least 30 points and 16 rebounds, and six times he averaged at least 27 points and 14.5 rebounds in the same season.
LeBron will pass him on the scoring list. He should have probably 10 to 12 MVPs if not more if voters actually voted for the most valuable player every year, has twice as many assists, 4 finals MVP’s and arguably deserved another in a losing effort on 06.

LeBron will pass him on the scoring list. He should have probably 10 to 12 MVPs if not more if voters actually voted for the most valuable player every year, has twice as many assists, 4 finals MVP’s and arguably deserved another in a losing effort on 06.
I'm not saying Jabar is the GOAT. Just showing how great he was. GREAT.

Lebron will never pass Michael. 3 back to backs. Damn. What a winner. You can't say that about Lebron. He was just the most talented guy on the floor for 20 years. And I'll be honest, he did deliver 4 championships to 3 different teams. Look at Durant. He's only been able to deliver for 1 and that was Golden State. They didn't even need him. LOL.

I'm not saying Jabar is the GOAT. Just showing how great he was. GREAT.

Lebron will never pass Michael. 3 back to backs. Damn. What a winner. You can't say that about Lebron. He was just the most talented guy on the floor for 20 years. And I'll be honest, he did deliver 4 championships to 3 different teams. Look at Durant. He's only been able to deliver for 1 and that was Golden State. They didn't even need him. LOL.
i was a Laker fan until they signed lebron.....

Forum List

Back