Why are y'all donating to 4 millions corp

Everyone ...
A reminder that "revenue" is another way of saying "income". Income is usually offset by costs and expenses, hence revenue isn't the same thing as profit.

Operating a message board has costs/expenses; such as the servers and purchasing internet access based on bandwidth(volume of use), etc.

Some forums/message boards require a subscription fee = "pay to play". Others might be funded/hosted by a business.

For years I was active on a board/forum known as ArmChair General, hosted by HistoryNet.com, publishers of several magazines on history, aviation, military history, etc.. A few months ago they declined to renew their contract with a firm that hosted their forum and it suddenly went DEAD. Leaving many of us caught off guard and in the lurch so to speak, having to look about for a new place to post at. Hence many recent members here may be like myself, wanderers cast adrift so to speak.

BTW, when History Net/WHG stopped publishing their magazine "ArmChair General" a few years ago, I carried over with subscriptions to a couple of their other magazines for myself and as gifts to others, there by doing my share to help underwrite their costs to host the forum.

Whois can show you that usmessageboard is owned by a company that owns other sites.
So if the $4 mil is true, then it is certainly an aggregate of all the sites combined.
It goes without saying this site couldn't possibly generate 1/10th that amount in ad revenue. There isn't enough unique visitors to generate that kind of cash. Not even remotely. Ad buyers pay cash not just for views, but number of unique views. They are not going to pay over and over and over for the same 100 people.
Not to mention, they are hosted by godaddy.

Expanding on my post #21 above, if one tries to go to the forum I mentioned having been involved with; "ArmChair General" via this link;
you get a page with this sort of content;

This site is currently inactive on vBulletin Cloud.

With vBulletin Cloud we host your forum for you. You get a fully functioning and customizable vBulletin site with all the key admin controls, while we handle the back-end infrastructure for you.

Love the conservative cry if fake news..so how does it feel flacaltenn to make bank for this board and work for free

You think Zoom is some kind of Dunn And Bradstreet? It's garbage. GO to Dunn and Bradstreet like you KNOW what you're doing and look up Forum Foundries.

This is more an ad for Zoom than anything financially certified..

Dont be an idiot..

She can't help herself.

I have no issue with profit...just know where to whom or what your money is going to etc..and is it the highest or best usage of your

Whois can show you that usmessageboard is owned by a company that owns other sites.
So if the $4 mil is true, then it is certainly an aggregate of all the sites combined.
It goes without saying this site couldn't possibly generate 1/10th that amount in ad revenue. There isn't enough unique visitors to generate that kind of cash. Not even remotely. Ad buyers pay cash not just for views, but number of unique views. They are not going to pay over and over and over for the same 100 people.

Dont know how Zoom thinks that a URL is a business in the 1st place. Zoom didn't even NAME the company behind this site which is Forum Foundry.

Don't know how you assess "the number of employees" for a URL website. Most website maintenance and operation is a part time subcontract type of job. Unless you're huge or in the publishing biz..

Actually, ad providers DO PAY for views, because they've mined your personal data enough to have an unlimited amount of CUSTOM SOURCED ads for each of our members.. They rotate thru these to the SAME CUSTOMERS.. So if I buy a mighty pressure washer -- I'll see that ad for DAYS on many sites I frequent. But they also know I bought a new car -- so they'll be tossing car stuff and warranties.. I even got "Hot Russian Women Want to Meet You" ads because I kept typing "russia russia russia" into USMB everyday... :auiqs.jpg:

They dont NEED "unique views" anymore.. They know you better than your mom....

Dont know how Zoom thinks that a URL is a business in the 1st place. Zoom didn't even NAME the company behind this site which is Forum Foundry.

Don't know how you assess "the number of employees" for a URL website. Most website maintenance and operation is a part time subcontract type of job. Unless you're huge or in the publishing biz..

Actually, ad providers DO PAY for views, because they've mined your personal data enough to have an unlimited amount of CUSTOM SOURCED ads for each of our members.. They rotate thru these to the SAME CUSTOMERS.. So if I buy a mighty pressure washer -- I'll see that ad for DAYS on many sites I frequent. But they also know I bought a new car -- so they'll be tossing car stuff and warranties.. I even got "Hot Russian Women Want to Meet You" ads because I kept typing "russia russia russia" into USMB everyday... :auiqs.jpg:

They dont NEED "unique views" anymore.. They know you better than your mom....
Ah - you know you are right, I have been out of the ad gaining marketing for several years, technology has changed and yes, ads are no longer static like they use to be.
Course they hate people like me that use adblockers... however, I wouldn't use it if the ads were not so freaking over the top.
The 23 employees might be true, or close that work for the parent company that owns all of the sites.

Course they hate people like me that use adblockers... however, I wouldn't use it if the ads were not so freaking over the top.
Yup. They hurt themselves by being so intrusive. I would be more than happy to allow ads if they were discreet and didn't steal so much real estate on the page.

Nobody loves debasing themselves for free stuff more than a Boomer

like going to Olive Garden on unlimited bread stick day, ordering the cheapest thing on the menu, sampling 3 types of wine and then telling the waiter you think you'll just have water. Boomers love doing that kinda shit

Like all things on the Internet, including customer reviews and poll numbers, dont believe it unless you can verify it.. Even CULMULATELY, I doubt the 12 year investment into USMB has reached $4Mill.

And if there are 23 employees, they are all laundering money or mining for BitCoin or doing things that have nothing to do with this site... LOL....

All the "employees" of USMB could meet in a porta-potty...

Flac why did you tell Bones about the Bitcoin money laundering that I have you guys do for us down here in Mexico!!!

Now the Russians will have our heads!

Love the conservative cry if fake news..so how does it feel flacaltenn to make bank for this board and work for free

You think Zoom is some kind of Dunn And Bradstreet? It's garbage. GO to Dunn and Bradstreet like you KNOW what you're doing and look up Forum Foundries.

This is more an ad for Zoom than anything financially certified..

Dont be an idiot..

Actually if you look carefully it appears as if they assigned USMB the company info for AppsSolutions which apparently they think you are the minion of.

Nobody loves debasing themselves for free stuff more than a Boomer

like going to Olive Garden on unlimited bread stick day, ordering the cheapest thing on the menu, sampling 3 types of wine and then telling the waiter you think you'll just have water. Boomers love doing that kinda shit

Maybe self-hating Italian boomers who were never taught the fine art of boiling pasta and making gravy.

Forum List

Back