Why are we sending our children to public schools again?

We send children to school so they can learn and be social. It’s not really that difficult to understand. As a parent, I understand the fear that your child could be the victim of a school shooter, but unless you never allow your kids to leave the house, they’re going to be at risk of succumbing to countless kinds of demises just by walking out the front door.

I’m hoping that by the time my kid is old enough to attend middle school this country will have some kind of handle on the school shooting problem... but as long as Washington insists on playing partisan politics, we’ll never find a solution.

A child is more likely to be sexually abused in a school than shot

Most children are sexually abused at home by a parent, sibling or “funny uncle”

Doesn't change the fact a child is more likely to be sexually abused at a school than shot.

Strange I never hear left loons screaming about that.....why is that?

Think hard...

Failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal and pedagogical dogma prevent far too many public schools from flourishing.

That most public schools are able to afford students an excellent education despite the right’s efforts to undermine public schools is a testament to the commitment of public school administrators.

Failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal and pedagogical dogma prevent far too many public schools from flourishing.

That most public schools are able to afford students an excellent education despite the right’s efforts to undermine public schools is a testament to the commitment of public school administrators.

The vast majority of failing schools are inner city...not ran by conservatives

Try again, doofus

:desk::desk::desk::desk::desk::desk:I know, I know....so that angry white boys who can't get no pussy have a place to practice target shooting!!

We send children to school so they can learn and be social. It’s not really that difficult to understand. As a parent, I understand the fear that your child could be the victim of a school shooter, but unless you never allow your kids to leave the house, they’re going to be at risk of succumbing to countless kinds of demises just by walking out the front door.

I’m hoping that by the time my kid is old enough to attend middle school this country will have some kind of handle on the school shooting problem... but as long as Washington insists on playing partisan politics, we’ll never find a solution.

Doesn't change the fact a child is more likely to be sexually abused at a school than shot.

Strange I never hear left loons screaming about that.....why is that?

Think hard...

A child is more likely to get shot or molested at home than in public school

Try again, doofus

Mississippi?
Louisiana ?
West Virginia?

Liberal bastions one and all

Irrelevant.
And I'm not even sure it's true. But it's still irrelevant.

In other words, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about lol.

how many years will it take a parent to get a *better education* ? How is that a sacrifice that will help their 10th grader who is being targeted by ms13 at the high school?

Your *solutions* aren't solutions. They're fantasies.

Well, yeah ... It probably won't happen overnight ... And isn't easy for most.
I can see why it is a fantasy for you though ... You probably won't get there.

Might should have thought about that before you got knocked up expecting a fantasy family on a peasant's pocketbook ... :dunno:

.​
And that is the way progressives think of poor people and single parents.

They think the hell hole schools are good enough. They want to punish the children of poor people. They want their parents to be miserable. They want them to die, and be raped, and be exploited.

Because they think they have no value and they believe they have no right to expect, or build, anything better.

They are today's nazis. It's not hyperbole. They are possibly more brutal. I don't believe the first nazis actually thought they were monsters....today's nazis are perfectly cognizant of it. Yesterday's nazis are their fucking ideological heroes.

Try again, doofus

Mississippi?
Louisiana ?
West Virginia?

Liberal bastions one and all

You're on yet another topic you have no fucking clue

SSDD

So then should we send every problem child every delinquent every child offender to the private schools? Perhaps it's worth a try. A violent child? Maybe private schools would be a viable option for kids that are highly disruptive.

So then should we send every problem child every delinquent every child offender to the private schools? Perhaps it's worth a try. A violent child? Maybe private schools would be a viable option for kids that are highly disruptive.

Who's going to pay for it? Private schools are not cheap...that and the parents won't stand for it

Why would the parents not stand for it? All parents want all kids to get an education. Vouchers could provide highly dysfunctional kids a pathway to the top private schools. That might help fix the problem. I'm all for vouchers with the condition you can't turn away a student because of past history.

So let's say we close down a big high school with about 2000 kids. Now vouchers would ensure that get into any private school of their choice. Where's the downside?

Who's going to pay for it? Private schools are not cheap...that and the parents won't stand for it
Their answer is that they don't want to improve public schools because they don't think the kids who attend them deserve any better.

If it takes over an hour to now your lawn nobody will not should do it for that pay.

Why would the parents not stand for it? All parents want all kids to get an education. Vouchers could provide highly dysfunctional kids a pathway to the top private schools. That might help fix the problem. I'm all for vouchers with the condition you can't turn away a student because of past history.

We send our children to keep them away from the distractions. Truth be known most kids today couldn't cut private schools. To structured and if you don't make the cut out you go

But if you want to get rid of public schools then the kids must go somewhere. Perhaps the private school parents would support these kids coming into their private schools. If you are interested in improving education then this is a possible and probable stance.

But if you want to get rid of public schools then the kids must go somewhere. Perhaps the private school parents would support these kids coming into their private schools. If you are interested in improving education then this is a possible and probable stance.

I don't care what they do with public schools, ours will never attend one.

Forum List

Back