Why are the republicans giving away THE ONLY LEVERAGE THEY HAVE!??!

The IRS believes we can live on $5700/year. :eusa_shhh:

Business corporations can live within their means, budget, and manage their money to make a profit ...... just don't ever expect the Federal Government to. Quite interesting how it's always the financially irresponsible that must go to those who actually know how to manage money to demand a bailout through the IRS.

Your message is unclear. Who are you saying is irresponsible?

Are you being serious? Have you ever actually worked for the Federal Government in some capacity? They are the most financially irresponsible of anyone you will find.

Taxes could have gone up across the board IF meaningful and immediate cuts would have been included as far as I'm concerned.

But instead we get no cuts and a meaningless tax increase that will acomplish nothing.

Meanwhile the debt continues to rise and the economy may very well dive for this pointless acomplishment.

Like i said the GOP Cries for Cuts but don't want to cut anything they want lols.

The vast weight of the federal budget is in the form of entitlements, while the military budget only accounts for about 20% of all Federal spending. The Pentagon's budget has already been cut so what's your next move to reduce spending?

WTF

The tax issue is all we have to try to force rational cuts in the budget. They keep talking about using the debt ceiling debate as leverage instead. But the debt ceiling doesn't get to vote in November. Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand their tactics but I see this as a major fail for the GOP and America while its a huge win for Obama and class warfare.

What’s also telling about this is you perceive this as some sort of a partisan ‘battle,’ where you’re concerned only for what’s good for republicans, not the country. And often what republicans advocate is not good for the country, the credit rating debacle being evidence of that.

When you have a federal budget where over half is allocated towards some form of entitlement program ( Social Security which is an outdated system that's bleeding funds, Medicare, Medicaid, and now Obamacare which will only inflate the cost of health care), reform of those programs to reduce the taxpayer burden of cost IS in the best interest of this country. Democrats are not at all serious when it comes to tackling those costs, just kick the can further down the road. When was the last time Harry Reed even proposed a simple budget, if he was serious about tackling our debt and avoiding another credit downgrade? If the democrats refuse to confront these issues, then any economic consequence of further down grades falls squarely on their shoulders. When you look at our national debt - "It's the spending, stupid."

Forum List

Back