Why are the republicans giving away THE ONLY LEVERAGE THEY HAVE!??!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
WTF

The tax issue is all we have to try to force rational cuts in the budget. They keep talking about using the debt ceiling debate as leverage instead. But the debt ceiling doesn't get to vote in November. Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand their tactics but I see this as a major fail for the GOP and America while its a huge win for Obama and class warfare.

• Banned
They're gutless pussies who are desperate to save their sacred Pentagon spending.

Pull your head out.

I think it's their jobs they are trying to preserve. Besides that the sequestration that deals with the pentagon spending was not even a part of this deal.

• Banned
The House is set to take this up after 1 so I'll check back in later. Admittedly its a tough position to be in but I hope they do the right thing.

• Banned
Yeah...Trying to save their jobs by sucking up to their military contractor lobbyists.

And, yes, Pentagon cuts were on a 50/50 basis with welfare state spending cuts.

I understand that but those issues were removed from this bill and pushed 2 months down the road.

It's a win win for the Republicans....
Raise taxes and no spending cuts.....

Wait a second.....Wtf?

Small victory in my opinion Obama didn't get to make the hit on those earning $250K...
At this point I am happy about that.

Because you actually believe there is a difference between the parties.
The goal is the same, only the timeline is different.

WTF

The tax issue is all we have to try to force rational cuts in the budget. They keep talking about using the debt ceiling debate as leverage instead. But the debt ceiling doesn't get to vote in November. Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand their tactics but I see this as a major fail for the GOP and America while its a huge win for Obama and class warfare.
Yeah....class warfare....that's always been the Big Problem.

handjob.gif

August 14, 2006

Tax Policy; By BU$HCO

"Republicans also have their own policies of big spending to blame. Tax cutting has been made more difficult because Bush has been the most profligate president in decades. In his first five years, 2001 to 2006, federal spending increased 45 percent and deficits have soared. It’s tougher to convince the few centrist Democrats in the Senate to go along with making tax cuts permanent when federal red ink is gushing non-stop.

The big spending policies of the Bush administration have been remarkably short-sighted economically and politically, as they have threatened Bush’s primary domestic policy success of pro-growth tax cuts. For its part, the Republican leadership in Congress has gone along with, and often encouraged, the spending feast of recent years. There are only about 50 serious budget reformers in the 435-member House. For the rest, it’s been a pork-barrel pigout in recent years."

obama_economy.gif

The House is set to take this up after 1 so I'll check back in later. Admittedly its a tough position to be in but I hope they do the right thing.

Do the calculus, it's really quite simple. The House Members will vote to keep their jobs in 2014 - don't for a minute believe Grover Norquist isn't the man behind the curtain. County First- that is the greatest number of our citizens - isn't a factor, never has been, for the radical Republicans elected in 2010, Boehner, Cantor and the rest of the CINO.

WTF

All we can do is prepare for the catastrophic collapse of the U.S. economy.

It's going to happen, thanks to a few hundred GELDINGS in Washington, D.C., who don't have enough collective brainpower to screw in a lightbulb.

WTF

handjob.gif

August 14, 2006

Tax Policy; By BU$HCO

"Republicans also have their own policies of big spending to blame. Tax cutting has been made more difficult because Bush has been the most profligate president in decades. In his first five years, 2001 to 2006, federal spending increased 45 percent and deficits have soared. It’s tougher to convince the few centrist Democrats in the Senate to go along with making tax cuts permanent when federal red ink is gushing non-stop.

The big spending policies of the Bush administration have been remarkably short-sighted economically and politically, as they have threatened Bush’s primary domestic policy success of pro-growth tax cuts. For its part, the Republican leadership in Congress has gone along with, and often encouraged, the spending feast of recent years. There are only about 50 serious budget reformers in the 435-member House. For the rest, it’s been a pork-barrel pigout in recent years."

obama_economy.gif

Booooooooosh!!!

WTF

All we can do is prepare for the catastrophic collapse of the U.S. economy.

It's going to happen, thanks to a few hundred GELDINGS in Washington, D.C., who don't have enough collective brainpower to screw in a lightbulb.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you've been in a coma, for the last 5 years??????

323.png

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers.....

Last edited:
WTF

handjob.gif

August 14, 2006

Tax Policy; By BU$HCO

obama_economy.gif

Booooooooosh!!!

Isn't this typical, when reality smacks this new breed of conservatives in the face, they try and fail to be glib.

The FACT they continue to deny is the Bush Administration engaged in 8 years of don't tax, don't regulate and spend like a drunken Marine is substantiated with every lie, every echo of the RW propaganda & effort to rewrite history they post. Some get it and try to be glib but such is a pitiful effort.

Last edited:
WTF

handjob.gif

They dance around the verifiable and claim blame shift. It's the ole soft shoe.

August 14, 2006

Tax Policy; By BU$HCO

obama_economy.gif

Booooooooosh!!!

Stop dancing around the verifiable and claim blame shift. You're doing the ole soft shoe.

It's a win win for the Republicans....
Raise taxes and no spending cuts.....

Wait a second.....Wtf?

Small victory in my opinion Obama didn't get to make the hit on those earning $250K...
At this point I am happy about that.

I mean, it sucks of course, assuming the House signs of off it, but the Republicans did protect 99.4% of the public from tax increases.

Now that the tax increases have been uncoupled from other legislation, the Republicans can use the debt ceiling as the tool to force real cuts on spending without complications.

Not that they will.....

WTF

What you fail to consider is that the GOP’s criteria as to what should be cut is not rational, or at the very least not consistent.

Conservatives seek to cut programs necessary to the disabled, retired, and working Americans, yet we hear nothing from the right about cuts to military spending and corporate welfare.

You may or may not be stupid, but it is a fact you’re a blind partisan, buying into the myth of Obama and ‘class warfare.’

Forum List

Back