Why are some people still afraid of TV?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I can't believe there are still people this fearful of TV.
Brent Bozell

Look at these comments! TV a tool of Satan?

I think these people would be horrified even by Star Wars!

Why We Need More Space Adventures

"What's happened to us? We haven't just lost our space shuttle program, we've lost our zest for space adventure altogether, at least in TV and movies. How can we get our love for space opera back?"

How would these people feel if the TV show producers made a show about humanity led by an all American space military commander who saves the galaxy from an ancient threat?

Would they think such a future silly and too idealistic? Would they be offended because Jesus will come back before 2050? Would Americans think this show is a tool of Satan? Would people on the Left think this is space war glorifying propaganda?

I had a bad experience with a TV ... I never got over it.

2ugnwv.png

People are always getting killed on tv, and people are always have sexuals. Why would we want to see that?

Produce something worth watching and people will do so. Produce something that is entertaining and not social engineering, or political and people will watch it. It's predictable, pretentious and outright boring, non-entertainment.

In the old days, the social engineering was "things start out bad but they generally have a happy ending". The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, hell, Threes Company. There was a bit of a romantic method of writing, if you will. "End on a positive note".

I am relegated to watching live sports primarily.

I am afraid of being sick watching all those silly stupid commercials.

Produce something worth watching and people will do so. Produce something that is entertaining and not social engineering, or political and people will watch it. It's predictable, pretentious and outright boring, non-entertainment.

In the old days, the social engineering was "things start out bad but they generally have a happy ending". The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, hell, Threes Company. There was a bit of a romantic method of writing, if you will. "End on a positive note".

I am relegated to watching live sports primarily.

We stream everything, Hulu, Netflix etc.
We have a couple series we watch like Vikings, The Crown.. the rest pretty much all documentaries.

U should fear tv dumb ass esp. your kids who get indoctrinated by it all. If yah weren't so dumb ad more informed we wouldn't have morons using the TV as baby sitters.

You know, while there are shows that I watch for entertainment, I also use my television to educate myself. I enjoy watching History, Discovery, Velocity, and VICE channels as they have some pretty interesting documentaries.

And, I've never been scared of the programming that comes on my television. Why? Because I have lots of channels and know how to operate the remote.

But..........................I AM a bit nervous about the way that smart televisions can be hacked. That is why I don't have WIFI and streaming services on my television.

im getting tired of tom steyart and his bullshit every 15 minutes.....

You mean Tom Steyer?

He isn't running TV ads in my area of operation.

That guy is nutter than a fruitcake like all the other Democrat Presidential candidate clowns.
yea he has nothing to say outside of the old "we have to beat the criminal in the WH" bullshit....otherwise he sounds like so many in the past who were not able to do what he wants...

im getting tired of tom steyart and his bullshit every 15 minutes.....

You mean Tom Steyer?

He isn't running TV ads in my area of operation.

That guy is nutter than a fruitcake like all the other Democrat Presidential candidate clowns.
yea he has nothing to say outside of the old "we have to beat the criminal in the WH" bullshit....otherwise he sounds like so many in the past who were not able to do what he wants...

Steyer is a fucking Environmental Wacko Bozo with a lot of money. Great example of having more money than brains,

I can't believe there are still people this fearful of TV.
Brent Bozell

Look at these comments! TV a tool of Satan?

I think these people would be horrified even by Star Wars!

Why We Need More Space Adventures

"What's happened to us? We haven't just lost our space shuttle program, we've lost our zest for space adventure altogether, at least in TV and movies. How can we get our love for space opera back?"

How would these people feel if the TV show producers made a show about humanity led by an all American space military commander who saves the galaxy from an ancient threat?

Would they think such a future silly and too idealistic? Would they be offended because Jesus will come back before 2050? Would Americans think this show is a tool of Satan? Would people on the Left think this is space war glorifying propaganda?

Most intelligent people are afraid of TV, at least in as much as it turns one's brains into much, and takes away time which could be better spend on causes such as entrepreneurship and whatnot. You think that someone like Steve Jobs got the way he did by binge watching trash like "Game of Thrones" or "Jersey Shore", or "Honey Boo Boo"?

I'll venture a guess that most entrepreneurs, scientists, and more productive men and women watch a lot less of "TV" than less productive ones do, much as healthy people likely consume much less junk food.

My main viewing consists of surfing on the 3 news channels and watching stuff on cooking channels, the History Channel, Science, Discovery, etc.

I've never watched any of these so called "reality" trainwrecks.

Forum List

Back