Why Are People Stocking Up On Guns? Fear Of Government

So then the only people that would be punished (and that is the basic intent of the tax in question -- a method of altering behavior) would be those who are of a law-abiding nature, and who are really not the problem.
I forget, weren't the guns used in Connecticut last month legally purchased?

If you can think of a method of keeping firearms out of the hands of those with violent intent in mind, I'm all ears. I just don't see the sort of registration being described as being anything other than counterproductive.

Lets look at your arsenal. I'm guessing 3,000 guns. If there was a tax on the 3,000 guns you purchased, maybe you'd purchase only 2,000 of them. So that is 1,000 guns that theoretically didn't get bought. So that is 1,000 guns less likely to be sold off after you croak. Translation; 1,000 less guns were sold so they don't find their ways into pawn shops, on the floor of the convention center.

If you wanted to buy a brand new 8-Track tape of the new Limp Bizkit album, you likely would have a hard time finding it. Why? They stopped producing them because nobody buys them any longer. Eventually, the decrease in sales will lead to the same decision made in the Smth and Wesson board room.

And this is the disgusting truth about your way of thinking.

The RIGHT to bear arms is protected in the constitution. That definition was upheld by the courts. The right has been acknowledged and yet you still can't accept that. Because legislation to remove that right is no longer an option and the courts have removed the other road that the liberals try and use you want to skirt the constitution with regulations or taxes that remove a right because you don't agree with it. That is absolutely disgusting and even worse that you can't even see that. It is obvious that you don't care for rights at all. They are simply roadblocks to your agenda.

Sorry, we still have a constitution and it still protects our rights, no matter how much you wish it were not so.

Brown overturned Plessy v. Fergueson.

People evolve. You are welcome to join us.

And it is equally obvious that you are incapable of taking constructive criticism.

No debate, just try to score a zinger.

There is a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion....al the zingers in the world can't disguise the ignorance of the subject your comment denotes.

Guy buys 50 guns to fend off the revolution/invasion that will never come. I tell you what; when it does come, I'll apologize. Deal?

I kinda feel like you're referring to me with your 50 guns comments. Yes, I own 57 guns, most of them haven't even been out of the gun safe except to be cleaned in years, and I laugh at the idea that we will ever have to fight the government. I enjoy my gun collection for my own reasons, and in THIS country I have a right to do so.

Which would go to the fact that although the number of gun owners is decreasing, the number of guns owned by Americans is increasing.

People buy guns because they like them, they collect them, as with anything else people collect.

It has nothing to do with fending off a ‘tyrannical government,’ as it would clearly be idiocy to do so.

Guy buys 50 guns to fend off the revolution/invasion that will never come. I tell you what; when it does come, I'll apologize. Deal?

I kinda feel like you're referring to me with your 50 guns comments. Yes, I own 57 guns, most of them haven't even been out of the gun safe except to be cleaned in years, and I laugh at the idea that we will ever have to fight the government. I enjoy my gun collection for my own reasons, and in THIS country I have a right to do so.

Which would go to the fact that although the number of gun owners is decreasing, the number of guns owned by Americans is increasing.

People buy guns because they like them, they collect them, as with anything else people collect.

It has nothing to do with fending off a ‘tyrannical government,’ as it would clearly be idiocy to do so.

And you are an idiot for thinking that it can't happen here.
A large portion of people who buy guns now are doing so because of the power grabbing rights striping federal government. That is how a tyrannical government get's started.

I forget, weren't the guns used in Connecticut last month legally purchased?

Lets look at your arsenal. I'm guessing 3,000 guns. If there was a tax on the 3,000 guns you purchased, maybe you'd purchase only 2,000 of them. So that is 1,000 guns that theoretically didn't get bought. So that is 1,000 guns less likely to be sold off after you croak. Translation; 1,000 less guns were sold so they don't find their ways into pawn shops, on the floor of the convention center.

If you wanted to buy a brand new 8-Track tape of the new Limp Bizkit album, you likely would have a hard time finding it. Why? They stopped producing them because nobody buys them any longer. Eventually, the decrease in sales will lead to the same decision made in the Smth and Wesson board room.

The RIGHT to bear arms is protected in the constitution. That definition was upheld by the courts. The right has been acknowledged and yet you still can't accept that. Because legislation to remove that right is no longer an option and the courts have removed the other road that the liberals try and use you want to skirt the constitution with regulations or taxes that remove a right because you don't agree with it. That is absolutely disgusting and even worse that you can't even see that. It is obvious that you don't care for rights at all. They are simply roadblocks to your agenda.

Sorry, we still have a constitution and it still protects our rights, no matter how much you wish it were not so.

As usual you have no point.

The fact still remains that all your normal avenues to remove our rights are now gone so you want to use another way to do so. Overturning the obvious asinine decision on legal racism has no bearing on what we are discussing. I know it is hard to face the fact that you support tyranny as long as it is your type of tyranny but one day you are going to have to face the fact that you hate freedom.

If I bought a gun it would be my fear of other gun nuts not the government. Fear seems to be a staple of American life, and certainly of politics. Notice how many posts, political advertisements and speeches are intended to raise the fear factor, they're gonna do this to us and so on. All predictions of evil about to descend on America if we don't vote the way some want. It doesn't take much to stir up a crisis of fear with the American people, and I sometimes wonder if we Americans aren't the most fearful people in the world? And worse, with the fear factor nuts comes the conspiracy factor nuts.

That's true. If he wants to own 57 guns, God bless him as He has me.

The fact still remains that all your normal avenues to remove our rights are now gone so you want to use another way to do so.
Courts change their minds. Hell, we repealed an entire amendment before. Do you ever read?

Overturning the obvious asinine decision on legal racism has no bearing on what we are discussing. I know it is hard to face the fact that you support tyranny as long as it is your type of tyranny but one day you are going to have to face the fact that you hate freedom.

So the overturning of a previous ruling on the legality of something has no bearing on a future ruling that may over turn the legality of something?

No, you don't read much at all I'm sure.

People evolve. You're welcome to come on board.

The fact still remains that all your normal avenues to remove our rights are now gone so you want to use another way to do so.
Courts change their minds. Hell, we repealed an entire amendment before. Do you ever read?

Overturning the obvious asinine decision on legal racism has no bearing on what we are discussing. I know it is hard to face the fact that you support tyranny as long as it is your type of tyranny but one day you are going to have to face the fact that you hate freedom.

So the overturning of a previous ruling on the legality of something has no bearing on a future ruling that may over turn the legality of something?

No, you don't read much at all I'm sure.

People evolve. You're welcome to come on board.

"Evolving" = FASCISM.. You Zombies don't fool us for one second nor do your asinine comments amount to anything other than LIBERAL NUTTISM 101. You will never achieve ratifications from 2/3's of the States..

Not to pick on you because there are plenty of rw gun nuts who are just as stupid but, saying that you nutters would take on the biggest military the world has ever seen is like saying a marshmallow could take on a forest fire.
You have to admit that watching Americans kill Americans would make you get all funny in the pants though, wouldn't it, you sick fuck?

Id call it natural selection....weeding out of the idiots.
When push comes to shove you'll lose. You'll be first on the list of idiots.

You have to admit that watching Americans kill Americans would make you get all funny in the pants though, wouldn't it, you sick fuck?

Id call it natural selection....weeding out of the idiots.
When push comes to shove you'll lose. You'll be first on the list of idiots.

So says the moron who predicted a Romney victory (though no reputable poll showed him anywhere near Obama in either electoral votes, popularity or flat out class) Then bitched about fraud when it didn't happen.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...-today-once-in-mo-once-in-ks.html#post6289813

http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/258629-its-not-over.html#post6253275

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...-voters-favor-romney-52-47-a.html#post6250621

Perhaps you should get out of the prediction business there fuckstain.

Why Are People Stocking Up On Guns? Fear Of Government​
And fear of criminals in a nation where police forces are seeing their budgets, and thus the number of cops on duty, slashed.

True..but people realize that they have a responsibility to protect themselves and their families. If you are attacked you have split seconds to react. You can't wait minutes until the police arrive..if they do at all.

Why Are People Stocking Up On Guns? Fear Of Government​
And fear of criminals in a nation where police forces are seeing their budgets, and thus the number of cops on duty, slashed.

True..but people realize that they have a responsibility to protect themselves and their families. If you are attacked you have split seconds to react. You can't wait minutes until the police arrive..if they do at all.

Or if you perceive a threat from a knife salesman (like the guy in Florida), a guy walking through your neighborhood (like the other guy in Florida) or a theater full of movie goers, you need to act first.

The only way we will ever get serious about gun control is if/when a powerful legislator has someone she or he personally cares about gunned down by one of these weapons. Then it may dawn on some that living under frontier law in 2013 is likely a stupid idea.

this is just the tip of the nightmere to come. They start taking your guns and then they start taking everything else you own. They will take your finances, your health care, and many more things. They want you to struggle and they could care less about your hardships, since they themselves will be sitting pretty at your expense. The voters wanted this, and thats what they are going to reap. Unfortunately we all have to suffer because of what they voters did. Unfortunately many people in this country have been successfully brainwashed by the Liberal rethoric and unable to comprehend the real facts of what this administration is doing.

Good luck fighting the fucking marines.

dumb asses.

The Marines are on our side.

Most of them would love the chance of telling liberal gun-grabbers to go to hell.

Obama is playing with fire on this one folks. If he takes this too far it will be the end of his presidency.

I took basic training as an MP and one of the lessons was crowd control. We used bayoneted rifles and pushed forward in close order making short lunges with the rifles. Would we have shot if ordered, even though the enemy were American citizens? I have no doubt of it. Look at the many examples in our history starting with the Whiskey Rebellion and George Washington, and perhaps the last one, Kent State. The crowd becomes the enemy, and orders are orders.

People are stocking up on guns because the gun retailers of America have an excellent viral marketing campaign that goes something like this:

OBAMAZ CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ!

Funny thing, I remember a conservative friend echoing exactly that.... in late-November 2008.

He wasn't even officially in office yet, and the NRA started the marketing campaign using old school fear tactics.

Then Obama loosened gun regs.

The NRA didn't stop, they explained that as a ruse to get them to let down their guard.

The level of paranoia is un-freaking-believable.

It's a sickness. It's a true cult mentality.

Good luck fighting the fucking marines.

dumb asses.

The Marines are on our side.

Most of them would love the chance of telling liberal gun-grabbers to go to hell.

Obama is playing with fire on this one folks. If he takes this too far it will be the end of his presidency.

I took basic training as an MP and one of the lessons was crowd control. We used bayoneted rifles and pushed forward in close order making short lunges with the rifles. Would we have shot if ordered, even though the enemy were American citizens? I have no doubt of it. Look at the many examples in our history starting with the Whiskey Rebellion and George Washington, and perhaps the last one, Kent State. The crowd becomes the enemy, and orders are orders.

Yea I asked the same thing. When did soldiers and Marines get an option of which orders they would follow.

Not one fuking gun nut responded.

Especially if the military sends an elite outfit for whatever purpose, they will follow orders. Period.

To think otherwise is delusional and evidentally the people like Muddy making that claim know little or nothing about military discipline. And muddy claims he was in the Army.

Hell next muddy will claim you don't have to follow orders if you don't like them.

Forum List

Back