Why Are People Stocking Up On Guns? Fear Of Government

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Why Are People Stocking Up On Guns? Fear Of Government​

By Victor Davis Hanson

A new-year stampede is developing that we have not seen for a long time. Gun stores are swamped with panicking customers. They are looking for handguns, semiautomatic rifles and as much ammunition as they can afford.

But buyers are not just camouflaged hunters, conspiracy theorists and gun hoarders. Instead, many of those purchasing firearms and ammo are so-called ordinary people, convinced that this administration will soon begin to centrally register — then ban — far more than assault rifles.

There were probably lots of reasons Adam Lanza shot 26 innocent children and adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

But so far the government and media are not focusing much on his prior obsessions with violent video games, on society's seeming inability to hospitalize the unstable or on the crude violence peddled in Hollywood and through popular music that portrays shooting people as a sort of cheap fantasy without consequences.

Instead, the administration is zeroing in on the ability of Lanza's mother to legally buy semiautomatic weapons that her son then stole to murder her and the schoolchildren and employees.

The result is a pandemic of fear that the Second Amendment will be reinterpreted and redefined as never before.

With the resolution of the fiscal cliff, taxes on those who make more than $400,000 are going to rise considerably, as they will revert to the Clinton-era income tax rates. But this time the landscape is radically different.

There will not be much deficit reduction and certainly no balanced budgets, adding insult to injury for those who must pay the government far more.

The new, higher rates also come on top of state income-tax hikes in many states — all in addition to further increases in capital gains taxes and new ObamaCare taxes.

The result is not just a 3% to 5% increase on the well-off, but also aggregate hikes of 7% to 8% or even more for some payers.

Read More:
Ordinary People Rushing To Buy Guns Reflects Fear Of Government - Investors.com

People are stocking up on guns because the gun retailers of America have an excellent viral marketing campaign that goes something like this:

OBAMAZ CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ!

People are stocking up on guns because the gun retailers of America have an excellent viral marketing campaign that goes something like this:

I think you mean Obama's marketing campaign...I haven't heard boo from gun retailers...

The government has banned these firearms before. It's not like it's a stretch that when Obama Says gun control, people believe him.

So if you are looking to blame someone, it's not very difficult to find the ACTUAL culprit...and it ain't gun retailers.

I think you mean Obama's marketing campaign...I haven't heard boo from gun retailers...

The government has banned these firearms before. It's not like it's a stretch that when Obama Says gun control, people believe him.

So if you are looking to blame someone, it's not very difficult to find the ACTUAL culprit...and it ain't gun retailers.

Say what? Are you stupid?

It is the right wing piss drinkers who keep posting all the "Obama's cummin fer yer gunz" topics, not the left.

Since his first election. Gun sales skyrocketed in 2009 based on the right wing blogosphere's hysteria.

Stupid is as stupid does. I like the guy who has 2 arms but 50 rifles. Yeah...real smart.

Not when you run out of ammunition for those two guns and have 48 more guns in different calibers with corresponding ammunition left to choose from. :lol: I'd say it's very smart.

So if the government doesn't descend to tyranny but people load up on firearms anyway, what's the harm?

Someone here got so drunk on the "commin fer yer gunz" piss, they actually claimed to have read a UN treaty that had not been written yet.

That was a classic moment in this forum's history.

It's great business for the gun retailers.

So if the government doesn't descend to tyranny but people load up on firearms anyway, what's the harm?

They are a really good investment. I have seen the value of several of my scary black guns jump quicker than Gold since the gun nuts embarked on their emotionally fueled agenda. Thanks liberals... You're making me stacks of money.

Say what? Are you stupid?

It is the right wing piss drinkers who keep posting all the "Obama's cummin fer yer gunz" topics, not the left.

Since his first election. Gun sales skyrocketed in 2009 based on the right wing blogosphere's hysteria.

Why are you always so angry.

Can you hold a conversation IRL without calling someone stupid?

Anyway...I'll try my best to ignore it and post reasonable replies.

Obama is a gun grabber...just looking for an excuse.

HE RAN ON reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban...He and Eric Holder were all over it in 2009...until he realized the votes weren't there, even from the Democrats.

From Factcheck.org in 2008:
[Obama] does support reinstatement of the expired "assault weapons ban" but isn’t calling for a wider ban on all semi-automatic weapons.

He said repeatedly during the campaign, "I am not going to take your guns away."
He also supported a handgun ban, also from Factcheck.org:
Obama’s state Senate campaign in 1996 did say in a questionnaire that Obama favored banning handguns.
Is it stupid to believe Obama is going to do what he himself says he supports?

Of course not...the only folks who oppose this reality have an agenda or a chronicly short memory.

He says he isn't coming after your guns, so the smart money is to own them before he bans them.

Last edited:

They are a really good investment. I have seen the value of several of my scary black guns jump quicker than Gold since the gun nuts embarked on their emotionally fueled agenda. Thanks liberals... You're making me stacks of money.
I've heard it called the Obama Firearms Stimulus of 2012. I know a couple of my pieces are worth quite a bit more now. :cool:

Stupid is as stupid does. I like the guy who has 2 arms but 50 rifles. Yeah...real smart.

Not when you run out of ammunition for those two guns and have 48 more guns in different calibers with corresponding ammunition left to choose from. :lol: I'd say it's very smart.

Yeah...spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars to fight a revolution that won't ever happen. Insanely stupid; but stupid is as stupid does. Fools and their money are soon parted.

Good luck fighting the fucking marines.

dumb asses.

How would all 175,000 of them fair against 20 million armed citizens?

Victorious. After the first shot, those who were not peeing in their pants would be surrendering. Those who were not peeing in their pants or surrendering would be trying to boot up their computer to complain on this forum about it or brag about how victory is close at hand....332-206.

Forum List

Back