Why Are People Stocking Up On Guns? Fear Of Government

I don't know. Up until the last week, I thought another assault weapon ban was assured.

Today I would say it is only somewhat likely.

Even with GOP control of the house, people feel better when they do something...anything...even if it has zero chance of improving the situation.

It makes them feel like they have some measure of control.

The GOP pretty much proved this week that they are not above forgoing their principles to assuage negative public opinion.

I think anyone who has concerns about some ulta-crazed liberals taking their guns can count on the GOP controlled House to stop that kind of move in it's tracks.
:lol:

All I count on the GOP to do is cave in at the worst possible moment.

I will pass on trusting my rights to politicians, thankyouverymuch.

If I could rep you I would.

Strangely, I find that the much maligned "Turner Diaries" are showing to be hauntingly prophetic. This is the very thing that was forecasted. If we are all forced to turn in our weapons in violation of the Second Amemndment to our Constitution, can Americans protest, take to the streets and remove the current government? Do we have that right?
Would the Billion rounds of ammunition purchased by Oblamer's alphabet agencies be enough to quell rebellion?
Would fellow Americans in the service of their country fire upon the citizens of America?

Last edited:
I listened to a guy I didn't know very well, who spent a long time in NC, say that in some areas the literacy rate and overall intelligence level is a lot like third world countries he had visited.

I didn't want to believe that about NC people.

Then I read bigrebbies bull shit. And biggie, didn't you say there are thousands like you right around where you live that feel the same as you? That you are going to war against your own country.

I think the guy might be correct. You fukers are nuts.

I listened to a guy I didn't know very well, who spent a long time in NC, say that in some areas the literacy rate and overall intelligence level is a lot like third world countries he had visited.

I didn't want to believe that about NC people.

Then I read bigrebbies bull shit. And biggie, didn't you say there are thousands like you right around where you live that feel the same as you? That you are going to war against your own country.

I think the guy might be correct. You fukers are nuts.
OH my someone attacks my state because I am open with my location but doesn't give his location what am I too do?

That you are going to war against your own country.
Who said this? drama queen? No one in America to my knowledge is going to war against America, however the federal government is not AMERICA, and even then that is not going to happen.

Now with all your drama defused here's what will happen, ANY ATTEMPT BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CONFISCATE OR RESTRICT ANY COMPONENTS TO A FIREARM WILL NOT BE OBEYED. Any attempt to impose against the rights American citizens will be dealt with. The federal government will have to make the first move.

You do have a lot to learn, that much is obvious.

And it is equally obvious that you are incapable of taking constructive criticism.

No debate, just try to score a zinger.

There is a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion....al the zingers in the world can't disguise the ignorance of the subject your comment denotes.

Guy buys 50 guns to fend off the revolution/invasion that will never come. I tell you what; when it does come, I'll apologize. Deal?

I kinda feel like you're referring to me with your 50 guns comments. Yes, I own 57 guns, most of them haven't even been out of the gun safe except to be cleaned in years, and I laugh at the idea that we will ever have to fight the government. I enjoy my gun collection for my own reasons, and in THIS country I have a right to do so.

There are multiple reasons for guns. I lived in the way out. And I traveled on business. Bought my wife a Glock. She even shot it once. Waste of money. Got her a dog. Much better choice.

Then there are the rim fire rifles. couple of them. For target shooting. However, that got boring after the first hour or so. And those rifles have not been out in many years.

Then there are the shotguns. Three of those. For upland bird hunting. Now, those make sense. I like the sport, and my dog loves it. But there are three only because the first two were learning experiences.

Then there is the one center fire rifle. A serviceable Russian bolt action. Have shot about 20 rounds through it, just enough to get it sighted in well enough to be useful. Because there are cougars around here, Killed some of my neighbors animals. And have scared the hell out of my horses. But, they are smart animals and so far have not bothered my animals.

So why not a bushmaster? Because I see no value in pretending I am Rambo. And I am not worried about anyone coming to take my guns. That is simply useful dogma for the ammo makers and gun makers who pay the NRA to scare the crap out of a lot of guys with small dicks. Sells lots of guns and ammo, and makes the makers rich.

There's obviously a group of Americans who listen to people like Levin, Beck and Savage, become more terrified and paranoid little by little over time, and start stocking up on guns, ammo, water and military rations in preparation of the next civil war. I'll bet those army surplus stores are doing bang-up business too, selling out of used gas masks and cool camo clothes.

Then they spend their weekends doing "training" and their evenings "guarding their post", watching for Obama to lead a charge of armed, wild-eyed Kenyans, Muslims and gays over the hill towards their home.

That's fine, whatever makes you feel safe.

Last edited:
My only question is why aren't you buying more guns?

There is no stopping Obama now. It is only a matter of time before he comes knocking on your door to take your guns. Mortgage your house, steal your kids education fund, dump your health insurance .......you should be buying guns and ammunition NOW

There is no stopping Obama now. It is only a matter of time before he comes knocking on your door to take your guns. Mortgage your house, steal your kids education fund, dump your health insurance .......you should be buying guns and ammunition NOW

I'm buying as many as I possibly can and magazines.
We're having a gun show next weekend in Concord.

Last edited:

Smart move

Look, your family doesn't need health insurance. Dump it and buy as many guns as you can. And don't forget the ammo

You can't trust that Obama.....he is out to get you

Smart move

Look, your family doesn't need health insurance. Dump it and buy as many guns as you can. And don't forget the ammo

Blah blah helath care coverage blah blah blah.
Millions of Americans die with healthcare coverage. yes?

Smart move

True that

Everybody is going to die, but you can never have enough guns

You have to set priorities in your life. What is more important? Food, shelter, health or guns?

Smart move

True that

You have to set priorities in your life. What is more important? Food, shelter, health or guns?

Great but what happens when the system brakes and you have all that food water and shelter? How will you defend it? Their is such as thing as balance.

True that

Great but what happens when the system brakes and you have all that food water and shelter? How will you defend it? Their is such as thing as balance.

Plus, if you have guns you can take other peoples food, water and shelter

A man with a gun never goes hungry

True that

Plus, if you have guns you can take other peoples food, water and shelter

A man with a gun never goes hungry
:clap2:

Forum List

Back