Why are gay activists "bigoted haters" ?

I disagree. It is the gay activists who have caused a backlash against the gay community. I don't have to say that to my gay friends, they live it.

I agree, the gay activists are some of the most intolerant, hateful, bigoted people that I have ever seen.

Do you call "asssertiveness" intolerant, hateful or bigoted? Do you call feeling as though you are just as worthy a human being as any other "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

Is living the truth of your life openly, "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

A man and a man or a woman and a woman openly holding hands or any othet type of PDA, is not "activism".

if it wasn't for gay activists, your gay friends would still have to be closeted.

do you 'shut up' about your mate? your family? the people you date(d)?

I disagree. It is the gay activists who have caused a backlash against the gay community.

Yes, I do. I don't go around shoving my wedded bliss to my single friends' faces. I don't look at my gay friends and remind them every day that I'm not gay.

It's true that I have a couple of single friends who envy my marriage and happen to be heterosexual.

But they do so in a good way. They are genuinely happy for us and they wish they had a happy relationship with a person of the opposite sex.

Even where my wife works, at the county, everyone knows I'm her wife and they are open and accepting of me.

This is as it should be.

if it wasn't for gay activists, your gay friends would still have to be closeted.

What it gets down to for me, is not announcing, "I'm here, I'm queer", but it comes out when you're getting to know someone and they assume you're heterosexual.

No one wants to lie. And especially if having a long term relationship is something that is important and meaningful to your life.

Does it come up in casual conversation? I don't recall the last time i met someone and wondered if they were gay. I also can't tell you if I've ever had to pronounce my sexual orientation in casual conversation, ever.

Do you wear a wedding ring? Does Sky? Do people make assumptions, based on what they see? Is it okay that they do so?

Of course we don't wonder (unless, as is true in some cases, it is quite obvious) if they are gay. We assume they are straight, unless they say otherwise.

What it gets down to for me, is not announcing, "I'm here, I'm queer", but it comes out when you're getting to know someone and they assume you're heterosexual.

No one wants to lie. And especially if having a long term relationship is something that is important and meaningful to your life.

Does it come up in casual conversation? I don't recall the last time i met someone and wondered if they were gay. I also can't tell you if I've ever had to pronounce my sexual orientation in casual conversation, ever.

Do you wear a wedding ring?

Yes.

Does Sky?

Don't know.

Do people make assumptions, based on what they see?

Yes.

Is it okay that they do so?

It's natural.

Of course we don't wonder (unless, as is true in some cases, it is quite obvious) if they are gay. We assume they are straight, unless they say otherwise.

I agree, but I'm sorry, I don't get your point here. She was talking about having to lie about here relationship and i didn't understand why she had to lie, and I didn't think it was necessary to state that you are gay without even being asked.

Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Last edited:
I agree, but I'm sorry, I don't get your point here. She was talking about having to lie about here relationship and i didn't understand why she had to lie, and I didn't think it was necessary to state that you are gay without even being asked.

It's a tightrope they walk, on a daily basis. This is especially true if they are in the public eye. She can't just say "Oh, my wife" this-or-that, because the person being spoken to might have a problem with that.

Not sure I actually answered you, I'm a little sugar messed-up at the moment.

It's a tightrope they walk, on a daily basis. This is especially true if they are in the public eye. She can't just say "Oh, my wife" this-or-that, because the person being spoken to might have a problem with that.

This is why I'm confused: I'm still on the topic of Gay Activists. I would assume that the thing to do would be to state the facts: "Hello, my name is Betty Boop, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms. Then leave it at that. Why does one have to say: "Hello, I'm Betty Boop, I'm gay, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms."?

Or, if your wife wasn't there at all, whay couldn't you just say "Hi, I'm Betty Boop." and leave it at that?

This is why I'm confused: I'm still on the topic of Gay Activists. I would assume that the thing to do would be to state the facts: "Hello, my name is Betty Boop, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms. Then leave it at that. Why does one have to say: "Hello, I'm Betty Boop, I'm gay, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms."?

Or, if your wife wasn't there at all, whay couldn't you just say "Hi, I'm Betty Boop." and leave it at that?

That's the point. We usually don't travel as a a pair (couples). So if you say "Oh, my wife, yada-yada, blah-blah," I'm likely to either say "Oh, I know; my spouse does the same thing" without saying my spouse is a she, or say "Oh, I know; my wife ...." and then the other person has a decision to make.

I have many gay friends (I don't separate gay and lesbian), none of them are activists. I like my gay friends, I don't like gay activists. If you're gay, be gay and shut up about it.

jillian, Do you think that it is OK for gay activists to call people "haters" and "bigots" just because those people oppose the redefinition of marriage?

Since there is no valid reason for opposing equality for all, as it says in our very own constitution, I do think its okay for gays and non-gays to call this what it is. Hate, bigotry, fear.

The op is ridiculous. I know "in your face" gays and I know gays who would never say a word about being hated and oppressed because of who and what they are. To say that all gays do or say a thing is the very definition of "bigotry".

jillian, Do you think that it is OK for gay activists to call people "haters" and "bigots" just because those people oppose the redefinition of marriage?

Since there is no valid reason for opposing equality for all, as it says in our very own constitution, I do think its okay for gays and non-gays to call this what it is. Hate, bigotry, fear.

The op is ridiculous. I know "in your face" gays and I know gays who would never say a word about being hated and oppressed because of who and what they are. To say that all gays do or say a thing is the very definition of "bigotry".

Most all Americans who oppose re-defining marriage support equal opportunity and equal justice under the law for All people, including homosexuals.

It is wrong for you to classify half of the American population as haters and bigots because they are opposed to redefining marriage. IMO, this makes YOU an very, very, very intolerant person.

Gay activists are some of the most intolerant, hateful people that I have ever seen.

Nobody is promoting discrimination against gays, yet the gay activists are calling for hatred against those who oppose re-defining marriage.

The words hate, bigotry and intolerance are mainstays of the gay activists' arsenal against anyone who disagrees with the gay agenda, yet they seem to be the intolerant, bigoted and hateful ones.

The first chapter of Romans makes it pretty clear.

They are given over to evil and hate that which is good.

Do you call "asssertiveness" intolerant, hateful or bigoted? Do you call feeling as though you are just as worthy a human being as any other "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

Is living the truth of your life openly, "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

Gay activists harass, intimidate and threaten those opposed to redefining marriage. Many good people have lost their businesses and careers due to harassment from gay activists just because they supported Prop-8 in California. Many other good people were intimidated and bullied into silence. Gay activists are bullies.

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you were slightly interested in a less prejudiced position toward gays and lesbians, I'd continue to talk with you.

I'm sorry but you sound a bit like like a broken record.

Yeah the Bible is kind of repitious on those morality thingys.

Gay activists harass, intimidate and threaten those opposed to redefining marriage. Many good people have lost their businesses and careers due to harassment from gay activists just because they supported Prop-8 in California. Many other good people were intimidated and bullied into silence. Gay activists are bullies.

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you were slightly interested in a less prejudiced position toward gays and lesbians, I'd continue to talk with you.

I'm sorry but you sound a bit like like a broken record.

Yeah the Bible is kind of repitious on those morality thingys.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...-things-the-bible-bans-but-you-do-anyway.html

:eusa_whistle:

Gay activists are some of the most intolerant, hateful people that I have ever seen.

Nobody is promoting discrimination against gays, yet the gay activists are calling for hatred against those who oppose re-defining marriage.

The words hate, bigotry and intolerance are mainstays of the gay activists' arsenal against anyone who disagrees with the gay agenda, yet they seem to be the intolerant, bigoted and hateful ones.

garyganu is one who promotes discrimination and intolerance against gays, and desires to victimize the victims.

I have many gay friends (I don't separate gay and lesbian), none of them are activists. I like my gay friends, I don't like gay activists. If you're gay, be gay and shut up about it.

I have known homosexuals since high school back in the early seventies and it was no big secret among those who knew them. We all knew better than to be indescrete so that the wrong kind of people wouldnt find out and cause trouble for our friends.

But they didnt go around with a chip on their shoulder demanding that everyone tell them that it was just peachy keen doing what they did.

Of the five I knew, four were guys and three of those dead, and one was a bisexual woman.

The only reason that this is a controversy at all is because the left has managed to put up an unelected 'gay community' leadership that is intransigent, radical and hates Biblical morality.

The rest of you are just niave and/or ignorant if you support their gay marriage agenda.

garyganu is one who promotes discrimination and intolerance against gays, and desires to victimize the victims.

Speaking the Truth is never an act of intolerance or victimization.

And apparently, saying "SHAME!!" and 'very' enough times will accomplish I know not what, but it's IMPORTANT!

I think it is very, very, very important to raise awareness about how gay activists try to stifle opposing views with tactics of harassment, bullying and intimidation.

Gay activists oppose free speech unless it fits their template. All other speech they deem hateful and bigoted and they seek to shut it down.

That is not true and you can not provide one example of your false accusation.

Forum List

Back