Why are gay activists "bigoted haters" ?

That is true. Anybody can go through all of your postings and pull many distortions, falsehoods, fabrications, against this community you dislike./

Dislike gays all you want.

But if you think for a second you and your ilk will stop the inevitability of universal marriage and equal process under the law, you are mistaken.

I have many gay friends (I don't separate gay and lesbian), none of them are activists. I like my gay friends, I don't like gay activists. If you're gay, be gay and shut up about it.

if it wasn't for gay activists, your gay friends would still have to be closeted.

do you 'shut up' about your mate? your family? the people you date(d)?

I have known homosexuals since high school back in the early seventies and it was no big secret among those who knew them. We all knew better than to be indescrete so that the wrong kind of people wouldnt find out and cause trouble for our friends.

But they didnt go around with a chip on their shoulder demanding that everyone tell them that it was just peachy keen doing what they did.

Of the five I knew, four were guys and three of those dead, and one was a bisexual woman.

The only reason that this is a controversy at all is because the left has managed to put up an unelected 'gay community' leadership that is intransigent, radical and hates Biblical morality.

The rest of you are just niave and/or ignorant if you support their gay marriage agenda.

Meh. :eusa_whistle:

And apparently, saying "SHAME!!" and 'very' enough times will accomplish I know not what, but it's IMPORTANT!

I think it is very, very, very important to raise awareness about how gay activists try to stifle opposing views with tactics of harassment, bullying and intimidation.

Gay activists oppose free speech unless it fits their template. All other speech they deem hateful and bigoted and they seek to shut it down.

See my post above.

That is true. Anybody can go through all of your postings and pull many distortions, falsehoods, fabrications, against this community you dislike./

But if you think for a second you and your ilk will stop the inevitability of universal marriage and equal process under the law, you are mistaken.

You have failed to provide one example. If they were so numerous, surely you could find one example to copy and paste.

You have failed to provide one example. If they were so numerous, surely you could find one example to copy and paste.

Why would anybody bother, Scary Gary? Trying to get through to you is like trying to make contact with Hellen Keller before the intervention.

It's a tightrope they walk, on a daily basis. This is especially true if they are in the public eye. She can't just say "Oh, my wife" this-or-that, because the person being spoken to might have a problem with that.

Not sure I actually answered you, I'm a little sugar messed-up at the moment.

This is why I'm confused: I'm still on the topic of Gay Activists. I would assume that the thing to do would be to state the facts: "Hello, my name is Betty Boop, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms. Then leave it at that. Why does one have to say: "Hello, I'm Betty Boop, I'm gay, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms."?

Or, if your wife wasn't there at all, whay couldn't you just say "Hi, I'm Betty Boop." and leave it at that?

That's the point. We usually don't travel as a a pair (couples). So if you say "Oh, my wife, yada-yada, blah-blah," I'm likely to either say "Oh, I know; my spouse does the same thing" without saying my spouse is a she, or say "Oh, I know; my wife ...." and then the other person has a decision to make.

Fuck 'em, that's their problem. how would putting yourelf out there as gay right off the bat change anything? Sincerely, I don't see it.

Last edited:
This is why I'm confused: I'm still on the topic of Gay Activists. I would assume that the thing to do would be to state the facts: "Hello, my name is Betty Boop, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms. Then leave it at that. Why does one have to say: "Hello, I'm Betty Boop, I'm gay, and this is my wife Sharon Bottoms."?

Or, if your wife wasn't there at all, whay couldn't you just say "Hi, I'm Betty Boop." and leave it at that?

That's the point. We usually don't travel as a a pair (couples). So if you say "Oh, my wife, yada-yada, blah-blah," I'm likely to either say "Oh, I know; my spouse does the same thing" without saying my spouse is a she, or say "Oh, I know; my wife ...." and then the other person has a decision to make.

Fuck 'em, that's their problem. how would putting yourelf out there as gay right off the bat change anything? Sincerely, I don't see it.

Have you not been reading the posts on this board? You don't see how most people respond to gay? Maybe you're in the metro, I do not know. But I've been small town, and until we make more progress, honesty isn't actually the best policy.

You are what you accuse others of doing, garyganu: you are not a victim, but a victimizer of victims.

As a serial victimizer, gary, people can look at other threads such as this and find you, and as a serial victimizer, you can't stop yourself from doing it here.

When you do it, I will PM you first then notify the thread readers.

Have you not been reading the posts on this board? You don't see how most people respond to gay? Maybe you're in the metro, I do not know. But I've been small town, and until we make more progress, honesty isn't actually the best policy.

Well, some of the posts are unreadable, but I've read most of them.

I know how people respond to gay, but how does in-your-face gay, as gay activists are wont to be, change anything in the way people react? Why wouldn't acting as if it's no big deal and it's the most normal and mundane thing in the world work just as well? Even better perhaps?

We seem to be talking two different issues here. This started with me saying: "If you're gay, be gay and shut up about it". How is activist gay going to change the way people react? Except to maybe bring about a backlash?

If you believe that eventually the haters will die off and gays will be accepted, then what is to gain by activism? I liken it to Al Sharpton keeping racism alive by shoving it in everyone's faces even when it isn't really there.

The more you push someone, the more they will tend to push back. Then you have a never-ending shoving match.

What it gets down to for me, is not announcing, "I'm here, I'm queer", but it comes out when you're getting to know someone and they assume you're heterosexual.

No one wants to lie. And especially if having a long term relationship is something that is important and meaningful to your life.

Does it come up in casual conversation? I don't recall the last time i met someone and wondered if they were gay. I also can't tell you if I've ever had to pronounce my sexual orientation in casual conversation, ever.

Do you wear a wedding ring? Does Sky? Do people make assumptions, based on what they see? Is it okay that they do so?

Of course we don't wonder (unless, as is true in some cases, it is quite obvious) if they are gay. We assume they are straight, unless they say otherwise.
I wear a wedding ring. People ALWAYS presume I'm straight. If I'm asked about my "husband" I have no choice but to correct them and say I have a wife. I don't lie about something that central to my life as being married.

Last edited:
Does it come up in casual conversation? I don't recall the last time i met someone and wondered if they were gay. I also can't tell you if I've ever had to pronounce my sexual orientation in casual conversation, ever.

Do you wear a wedding ring? Does Sky? Do people make assumptions, based on what they see? Is it okay that they do so?

Of course we don't wonder (unless, as is true in some cases, it is quite obvious) if they are gay. We assume they are straight, unless they say otherwise.
I wear a wedding ring. People ALWAYS presume I'm straight. If I'm asked about my "husband" I have no choice but to correct them and say I have a wife. I don't lie about something that central to my life as being married.

That is perfectly reasonable, and could not be considered radical in any way.

I can see how that would lead to an awkward situation, at least for a brief moment. Who do you think feels more awkward, you, or the person who now has egg on their face?

I can see how that would lead to an awkward situation, at least for a brief moment. Who do you think feels more awkward, you, or the person who now has egg on their face?

We both usually feel awkward. It usually lets me know immediately who's got a problem with it.

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you were slightly interested in a less prejudiced position toward gays and lesbians, I'd continue to talk with you.

I'm sorry but you sound a bit like like a broken record.

Yeah the Bible is kind of repitious on those morality thingys.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...-things-the-bible-bans-but-you-do-anyway.html

:eusa_whistle:

And all except two from Leviticus which is not an obligation for Christians who live in a new covenant. St Paul gave his own private adminishment as an encouragement to women to not use outward appearances to attract attention and no we are not allowed to divorce no matter what the heretical Anglican Church was forced to allow by an insane king.

We both usually feel awkward. It usually lets me know immediately who's got a problem with it.

If i met you at a party say, and for some reason i asked you what your husband does or something like that and you said you had a wife instead. I would feel very awkward because I made a stupid assumption and should have known better. It wouldn't be that I had a problem with your relationship or sexual orientation.

If i met you at a party say, and for some reason i asked you what your husband does or something like that and you said you had a wife instead. I would feel very awkward because I made a stupid assumption and should have known better. It wouldn't be that I had a problem with your relationship or sexual orientation.

I can tell the difference between someone who feels awkward because he/she has made an erroneous assumption and someone who is prejudiced against gays and lesbians.

Forum List

Back