Why Are Far-Rightwingers So Upset With The Backlash Against The Gun-Toters?

Do those gun-toters carry their guns to school?

To church?

To the bank?

Why/why not?

It seems that libs get their panties in such a wad over law abiding citizens bearing arms that they need to make multiple threads to bitch about it. I carry a gun with my concealed weapons permit. Everyone around me is safer because of my right to carry and practice as such. Cry all you like but personal ownership and carrying of firearms helps to negate tyrrany. That is probably why libs get so pissy about it.

I am one of those who has stated that I do not believe that the gun-toters should have been carrying weapons at the rally. I have stated repeatedly that I do not believe they have done anything illegal at all. However, I believe that they brought the weapons in order to intimidate their opponents. In my opinion that is not the American way and yes, I know the creeps at ACORN and Philedelphia's Black Panthers did the same kind of crap.

Having the legal right to do something doesn't mean doing it is the right thing to do... reference abortion.

Immie

It seems that libs get their panties in such a wad over law abiding citizens bearing arms that they need to make multiple threads to bitch about it. I carry a gun with my concealed weapons permit. Everyone around me is safer because of my right to carry and practice as such. Cry all you like but personal ownership and carrying of firearms helps to negate tyrrany. That is probably why libs get so pissy about it.

I am one of those who has stated that I do not believe that the gun-toters should have been carrying weapons at the rally. I have stated repeatedly that I do not believe they have done anything illegal at all. However, I believe that they brought the weapons in order to intimidate their opponents. In my opinion that is not the American way and yes, I know the creeps at ACORN and Philedelphia's Black Panthers did the same kind of crap.

Having the legal right to do something doesn't mean doing it is the right thing to do... reference abortion.

Immie

And you're the one to decide what is and what isn't the right thing to do? What gives you that authority? I mean who the fuck are you tell me or anyone when and where to exercise their constitutional rights? You do not have the right to NOT be offended. If the sight of a weapon scares you, then wear a fucking blindfold or keep your ass at home.

And you're the one to decide what is and what isn't the right thing to do?

Nope, never said I was. However, I do have the right to state my opinion unless you far right wingers decide to use your guns to take that right away from me.

What gives you that authority?

The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives me the right to speak my opinion. The Second Amendment gives the gun toters the right to carry their weapons. Please note: I have not once asked that the weapons be taken from them.

I mean who the fuck are you tell me or anyone when and where to exercise their constitutional rights?

Who the hell are you to tell me that I can not excercise my right to free speach?

You do not have the right to NOT be offended. If the sight of a weapon scares you, then wear a fucking blindfold or keep your ass at home.

Not once did I state that I was offended by any weapon. Not once! Learn to read. I am, however, intimidated by rednecks carrying weapons who believe that if anyone gets in their way or states an opinion other than their own, they have the right to shoot first and ask questions later. Just look at the way people have treated me since I stated my opinion... you morons would have beat the hell out of me, just for stating that a political rally is not the time or place to excercise the constitutional right to bare arms.

And who is it that is attempting to remove whose Constitutional Rights? You, not me.

Immie

Last edited:
Rednecks with guns don't frighten me, they anger me.

They love to travel in packs, like mangy dogs or hyenas.

Catch 'em one-on-one and...I'll be their Huckleberry.

*gins*

Statistically, you are more likely to be killed by your own weapon than to use it to protect others, so it's a stretch to say you make everyone around you safer.

At any rate,

People have a right to carry an M-4 in public.

People have a right to recognize that it's more than a little fucking strange to carry an M-4 in public.

I have noticed that the people who think that legally carrying a firearm in public is "fucking strange" tend to be the same ones who want my right to keep and bear arms taken away. My weapon of choice for concealed carry is a Glock Model 23. Libs bitch about my handgun every bit as much as they bitch about an M-4.

I'm a gun owner and a proud proponent of the 2nd amendment. That being said, I do think it is "fucking strange" that some folks think they need to carry a firearm in public. I'm 52 year old and I've never once in my life had a need for a firearm in public......or personally known anyone who did. I know some folks who conceal and carry,,,,,,but all it has ever done for them is add extra weight to carry thru the day, make them feel important and give them a false sense of security over their irrational fears. But I support their constitutional right to do it even as silly as I find it, just like abortion.

*gins*

Why on earth do people exercising their rights anger you?

And what on earth do you need gin for?

I'm a gun owner and a proud proponent of the 2nd amendment. That being said, I do think it is "fucking strange" that some folks think they need to carry a firearm in public. I'm 52 year old and I've never once in my life had a need for a firearm in public......or personally known anyone who did. I know some folks who conceal and carry,,,,,,but all it has ever done for them is add extra weight to carry thru the day, make them feel important and give them a false sense of security over their irrational fears. But I support their constitutional right to do it even as silly as I find it, just like abortion.

We don't even have to rely on anecdotes.

Quick survey:

How many ordinary citizens in your life have you personally encountered walking around in public with a slung assault rifle?

My number: 0

How many ordinary citzens in your life have you personally encountered walking around in public with a weapon that is plainly visible?

My number: Less than 5.

I am not disputing that people have a right to carry a weapon in public, but there is no doubt that it goes against our societal norms to do so (if that were not so, there would be no need for "conceal carry", everyone would simply be strapping in plain view).

When you violate societal norms, people are bound to consider it "fucking strange".

Statistically, you are more likely to be killed by your own weapon than to use it to protect others, so it's a stretch to say you make everyone around you safer.

At any rate,

People have a right to carry an M-4 in public.

People have a right to recognize that it's more than a little fucking strange to carry an M-4 in public.

I have noticed that the people who think that legally carrying a firearm in public is "fucking strange" tend to be the same ones who want my right to keep and bear arms taken away. My weapon of choice for concealed carry is a Glock Model 23. Libs bitch about my handgun every bit as much as they bitch about an M-4.

As I said in another thread, I would not have been one of those guys. But, having said that, it's clear that they were attempting to make a statement by carrying weapons. Contrary to what the libs with their wet pants would have us believe, there is no indication that they were attempting to intimidate or hassle anyone.

I've noticed an awful lot of "Don't Tread On Me" flags flying lately. So, I'm going to take a leap and tie these two things together. I see this as a warning to government in general that they are going too far with all their new programs, regulations and taxes. These folks are trying to convey the message that they have not forgotten who the last check on government belongs to and what their means is to give effect to that check.

I would suppose as an advocate of the second amendment, you at least theoretically agree that government excess is supposed to be checked be an armed citizenry. My question to you is, when would that come into play for you? Are we closer now than last year or farther away?

Kinda like the keepers of the "dooms day clock" with atomic weapons, how close to midnight are we?

We don't even have to rely on anecdotes.

Quick survey:

How many ordinary citizens in your life have you personally encountered walking around in public with a slung assault rifle?

My number: 0

How many ordinary citzens in your life have you personally encountered walking around in public with a weapon that is plainly visible?

My number: Less than 5.

I am not disputing that people have a right to carry a weapon in public, but there is no doubt that it goes against our societal norms to do so (if that were not so, there would be no need for "conceal carry", everyone would simply be strapping in plain view).

When you violate societal norms, people are bound to consider it "fucking strange".

Do you have open carry laws in your state?

And you're the one to decide what is and what isn't the right thing to do?

Nope, never said I was. However, I do have the right to state my opinion unless you far right wingers decide to use your guns to take that right away from me.

What gives you that authority?

The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives me the right to speak my opinion. The Second Amendment gives the gun toters the right to carry their weapons. Please note: I have not once asked that the weapons be taken from them.

I mean who the fuck are you tell me or anyone when and where to exercise their constitutional rights?

Who the hell are you to tell me that I can not excercise my right to free speach?

You do not have the right to NOT be offended. If the sight of a weapon scares you, then wear a fucking blindfold or keep your ass at home.

Not once did I state that I was offended by any weapon. Not once! Learn to read. I am, however, intimidated by rednecks carrying weapons who believe that if anyone gets in their way or states an opinion other than their own, they have the right to shoot first and ask questions later. Just look at the way people have treated me since I stated my opinion... you morons would have beat the hell out of me, just for stating that a political rally is not the time or place to excercise the constitutional right to bare arms.

And who is it that is attempting to remove whose Constitutional Rights? You, not me.

Immie

The point is pinhead, you're in no position to tell anyone when or where to exercise their rights. Rednecks? That negro with the AR-15 didn't look like a redneck to me. How many times have you been shot by a "redneck" before you were asked any questions?

I'm not trying to silence you, nor have I given an opinion to that effect. You on the other hand have opined about where an American citizen should or should not exercise their right to bear arms. So if anyone has the opinion to dictate constitutional rights it is you. Wise up!

Last edited:
Unless it is a 2nd Amendment rally, no one needs to carry a firearm openly to a political rally, period.

*gins*

So in your eyes.... everyone who has a gun is a redneck travelling in packs like mangy dogs or hyenas? You really do like to generalize and try to minimize those who practice their second ammendment rights.... don't you?

these guys were also carrying signs that suggested our president needed to die.

Forum List

Back