Why Are Far-Rightwingers So Upset With The Backlash Against The Gun-Toters?

The point is pinhead, you're in no position to tell anyone when or where to exercise their rights. Rednecks? That negro with the AR-15 didn't look like a redneck to me. How many times have you been shot by a "redneck" before you were asked any questions?

I'm not trying to silence you, nor have I given an opinion to that effect. You on the other hand have opined about where an American citizen should or should not exercise their right to bear arms. So if anyone has the opinion to dictate constitutional rights it is you. Wise up!

The way I see it, pinhead, is that I have every right to state how I feel about right wing rednecks who are attempting to silence their opponents at a political rally by the use of intimidation. Just as I have the right to speak out against the Black Panthers in PA or the attacks in Waco by Janet Reno or the Healthcare Reform bill that President Obama is trying to force down our throats.

What I don't have the right to do, pinhead, is demand that those same rednecks give up their weapons. That is something I have not done once nor would I. Maybe you should try reading for a change.

Immie

these guys were also carrying signs that suggested our president needed to die.

Would you happen to have a link to a pic of those persons and the content of their signs? What exact verbiage did their signs contain? What verbiage did the "assault weapon bearing" guys sign contain?

Unless it is a 2nd Amendment rally, no one needs to carry a firearm openly to a political rally, period.

Why not?
My concealed gun goes with me everywhere it's legal to carry it.

As does mine. :clap2:

My goodness, did I say anything about "concealed" weapons?

Guys, read. I conceal carry because of how much I travel and because of what I do for the money. Hah, that sounds like Donna Summers! But carrying a weapon openly at a political rally intimidates and is meant to. At least the farrightoids don't get to pistol whip a moose then shoot it like Sarah did.

Last edited:
Why not?
My concealed gun goes with me everywhere it's legal to carry it.

Guys, read. I conceal carry because of how much I travel and because of what I do for the money. Hah, that sounds like Donna Summers! But carrying a weapon openly at a political rally intimidates and is meant to. At least the farrightoids don't get to pistol whip a moose then shoot it like Sarah did.

If I could open carry I would because it's far more comfortable worn outside my belt than inside.
It's legal to open carry at the location they were at, so open carry they did, no big deal.

I have noticed that the people who think that legally carrying a firearm in public is "fucking strange" tend to be the same ones who want my right to keep and bear arms taken away. My weapon of choice for concealed carry is a Glock Model 23. Libs bitch about my handgun every bit as much as they bitch about an M-4.

I'm a gun owner and a proud proponent of the 2nd amendment. That being said, I do think it is "fucking strange" that some folks think they need to carry a firearm in public. I'm 52 year old and I've never once in my life had a need for a firearm in public......or personally known anyone who did. I know some folks who conceal and carry,,,,,,but all it has ever done for them is add extra weight to carry thru the day, make them feel important and give them a false sense of security over their irrational fears. But I support their constitutional right to do it even as silly as I find it, just like abortion.

I would suppose as an advocate of the second amendment, you at least theoretically agree that government excess is supposed to be checked be an armed citizenry. My question to you is, when would that come into play for you? Are we closer now than last year or farther away?

Kinda like the keepers of the "dooms day clock" with atomic weapons, how close to midnight are we?

Define government "excess". What I believe is that citizens have a right to bear arms in part to keep the government from depriving us of our freedoms. Where would that come into play for me? Well, when the government actively tries to deprive me of my rights and freedoms. That isn't when they are trying to pass health care legislation and holding a town hall meeting to discuss it. Part of the problem is there are a bunch of tin foil hat radio wingnuts spreading all sorts of fear that is leading their loyal listeners to act like idiots. I generally like and agree with Neal Boortz as he and I share a great deal of libertarian values, but he went off the chart yesterday saying that he really believes in the next few months that they government will literally sieze our retirement plans and 401k funds and give each citizen an equal monthly check. What the ever loving fuck is he frothing at the mouth about? When you have these radio gods spouting shit like that, it is only a matter of time before some wingnut with a rifle is going to exercise his 2nd amendment right because of feared government excess. It has to be true, they said it on the radio.

"Remember when Bush had his goons arrest a couple at an event for simply wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt?"

I remember that. In hind sight, I wonder how the reighty's feel about this?

When the fact of the matter is, citizens couldn't DREAM of exercising their rights and freedoms under Herr Bush.

Remember when Bush had his goons arrest a couple at an event for simply wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt?

If Obama, is as many claim, the most anti-gun President ever who has vowed to take away everybody's guns, and he allows those which such opposing views to his to exercise their rights. Doesn't that mean he's the most pro-American President ever for actually PRACTICING what he preachces by not letting his own biases get in the way of Consitutional Rights like the last guy?

Couple Arrested for Anti-Bush T-Shirts
American Civil Liberties Union : Secret Service and White House Charged with Violating Free Speech Rights in ACLU Lawsuit
firstamendmentcenter.org: news

BTW, I searched the Charlotte Gazette for the story, where it first broke, and couldn't find a single reference to it. Perhaps Herr Bush had the original story removed?

Is it possible for you to post anything without a partisan hack slant to it? The "far right," would be those who don't believe in any government at all. Anarchists. How do people who believe in the II Amendment equate to "far right" ?

If I could open carry I would because it's far more comfortable worn outside my belt than inside.
It's legal to open carry at the location they were at, so open carry they did, no big deal.

Nope, it is not, and I think most Americans would look at you guys as if you were from Cuba or Russia or somewhere strange to them.

Nope, it is not, and I think most Americans would look at you guys as if you were from Cuba or Russia or somewhere strange to them.

What is not? Legal to open carry where they were? Yes, It was legal.
What makes you right and them wrong? Your opinion?

Let's see a black conservative gets beat badly enough to need emergency room treatment by an SEIU goon at a political rally in St Louis, nd people are wondering why this black conservative is carrying a gun? That's just pathetic.

I'm a gun owner and a proud proponent of the 2nd amendment. That being said, I do think it is "fucking strange" that some folks think they need to carry a firearm in public. I'm 52 year old and I've never once in my life had a need for a firearm in public......or personally known anyone who did. I know some folks who conceal and carry,,,,,,but all it has ever done for them is add extra weight to carry thru the day, make them feel important and give them a false sense of security over their irrational fears. But I support their constitutional right to do it even as silly as I find it, just like abortion.

I would suppose as an advocate of the second amendment, you at least theoretically agree that government excess is supposed to be checked be an armed citizenry. My question to you is, when would that come into play for you? Are we closer now than last year or farther away?

Kinda like the keepers of the "dooms day clock" with atomic weapons, how close to midnight are we?

Define government "excess". What I believe is that citizens have a right to bear arms in part to keep the government from depriving us of our freedoms. Where would that come into play for me? Well, when the government actively tries to deprive me of my rights and freedoms. That isn't when they are trying to pass health care legislation and holding a town hall meeting to discuss it. Part of the problem is there are a bunch of tin foil hat radio wingnuts spreading all sorts of fear that is leading their loyal listeners to act like idiots. I generally like and agree with Neal Boortz as he and I share a great deal of libertarian values, but he went off the chart yesterday saying that he really believes in the next few months that they government will literally sieze our retirement plans and 401k funds and give each citizen an equal monthly check. What the ever loving fuck is he frothing at the mouth about? When you have these radio gods spouting shit like that, it is only a matter of time before some wingnut with a rifle is going to exercise his 2nd amendment right because of feared government excess. It has to be true, they said it on the radio.

I think the whole, "big, mean-spirited radio weenies" track is way too over played. I don't think kids commit crimes cuz they played GTA and I don't think their parent go shooting people cuz Rush told them to do it. Unless of course they are like the Son of Sam dude and then there is no helping them anyway.

I don't think we get Boortz in DC, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

As far as government excess, you have it about right. That's all I was talking about how you define when enough is too much. I would agree that now is not the time. But, for the first time in my life, I believe there is a possibility, thin as it might be that we could get to that point.

The reason is that the direction and tenor of the current holders of power are not like the previous Democrats who have held power. They want something fundamentally different than the US has had before now. With Bill Clinton, while there were individual policies I did not agree with, I never had any thought that "armed insurrection" would ever occur on any level. But, we appear to be at a different place.

Like I said, I don't think there is anything immanent, but I was frankly surprised that people are showing up to rallies with weapons at this point. I thought there was more slack in the rope.

It seems that libs get their panties in such a wad over law abiding citizens bearing arms that they need to make multiple threads to bitch about it. I carry a gun with my concealed weapons permit. Everyone around me is safer because of my right to carry and practice as such. Cry all you like but personal ownership and carrying of firearms helps to negate tyrrany. That is probably why libs get so pissy about it.

Why is everyone around you safer because you carry a firearm?

It seems that libs get their panties in such a wad over law abiding citizens bearing arms that they need to make multiple threads to bitch about it. I carry a gun with my concealed weapons permit. Everyone around me is safer because of my right to carry and practice as such. Cry all you like but personal ownership and carrying of firearms helps to negate tyrrany. That is probably why libs get so pissy about it.

Statistically, you are more likely to be killed by your own weapon than to use it to protect others, so it's a stretch to say you make everyone around you safer.

At any rate,

People have a right to carry an M-4 in public.

People have a right to recognize that it's more than a little fucking strange to carry an M-4 in public.

I have noticed that the people who think that legally carrying a firearm in public is "fucking strange" tend to be the same ones who want my right to keep and bear arms taken away. My weapon of choice for concealed carry is a Glock Model 23. Libs bitch about my handgun every bit as much as they bitch about an M-4.

Where can you conceal an M-4?

Statistically, you are more likely to be killed by your own weapon than to use it to protect others, so it's a stretch to say you make everyone around you safer.

At any rate,

People have a right to carry an M-4 in public.

People have a right to recognize that it's more than a little fucking strange to carry an M-4 in public.

Where can you conceal an M-4?

Under your black raincoat.

Forum List

Back