Why Are Dems Scared Of Fox News?

I see he's still skirting the very last question of your previous post.. Quoted around it, tho.. :)

I think the obvious answer is: "No, Gunnery Sergeant, I would not wish to debate you and have you rip my head off and stomp my guts out and leave me in the parking lot for CSI to figure out."

:badgrin:

I think the obvious answer is: "No, Gunnery Sergeant, I would not wish to debate you and have you rip my head off and stomp my guts out and leave me in the parking lot for CSI to figure out."

:badgrin:

Sir. No, Gunnery Sergeant, I would not wish to debate you and have you rip my head off and stomp my guts out and leave me in the parking lot for CSI to figure out, SIR!

You forgot the "Sir"... You'd think after 20 years....

Did you just call me a "sir?":eusa_eh:

Not this time. The shock you went in to the first time was enough. Don't want to be responsible for causing your death. Was merely correcting your statement.

Gunnery Sergeants are NOT "sirs." We work for a living. Officers are "sirs."

Pfft. Obviously you haven't seen yourself scowl at anyone.. Hell, *I* haven't seen it, but if I feel it, I'll damn well be calling you Sir.. :D

I am not hostile ...just miunderstood.:eusa_shifty:

therethere.gif

I have no beef with them. Never heard of them. THAT is my point.

Both sides would be served better to ditch the parrots and allow people that wish to honestly discuss the issues and their differences and see if a compromise can be reached that satsifies both sides.

Instead, they get idiots and parrots who make a living off of creating controversy, not solving the issues and let them beat on each other for 30 minutes. It's called entertainment with little if any real political value except to people like you who are willing to believe the stupid shit.

Fox News does just that

They bring on both sides to discuss the issues

It seems the viewers have voted for which cable news network they want to watch with their remotes

I know mods have this illusion where the parties can sit down and reason with each other and walk out holding hands- but that is not reality

Not when one side wants to surrender to the terrorists who want all of us dead

I think all candidates should debates on all networks, regardless.

There used to be this rule where all candidates got equal airtime and equal opportunity to be seen by the public in the media.

But that dissapeared in the 80's.

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/F/htmlF/fairnessdoct/fairnessdoct.htm

The fairness doctrine ran parallel to Section 315 of the Communications Act of 1937 which required stations to offer "equal opportunity" to all legally qualified political candidates for any office if they had allowed any person running in that office to use the station.............

The doctrine, nevertheless, disturbed many journalists, who considered it a violation of First Amendment rights of free speech/free press which should allow reporters to make their own decisions about balancing stories. Fairness, in this view, should not be forced by the FCC. In order to avoid the requirement to go out and find contrasting viewpoints on every issue raised in a story, some journalists simply avoided any coverage of some controversial issues. This "chilling effect" was just the opposite of what the FCC intended.............

By the 1980s, many things had changed. The "scarcity" argument which dictated the "public trustee" philosophy of the Commission, was disappearing with the abundant number of channels available on cable TV. Without scarcity, or with many other voices in the marketplace of ideas, there were perhaps fewer compelling reasons to keep the fairness doctrine. This was also the era of deregulation when the FCC took on a different attitude about its many rules, seen as an unnecessary burden by most stations. The new Chairman of the FCC, Mark Fowler, appointed by President Reagan, publicly avowed to kill to fairness doctrine.

By 1985, the FCC issued its Fairness Report, asserting that the doctrine was no longer having its intended effect, might actually have a "chilling effect" and might be in violation of the First Amendment. In a 1987 case, Meredith Corp. v. FCC, the courts declared that the doctrine was not mandated by Congress and the FCC did not have to continue to enforce it. The FCC dissolved the doctrine in August of that year.

Talk about scared. The war cheerleaders were to scared to appear on Bill Moyers "Buying the War".

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=21&ItemID=12653

The most powerful indictment of the news media for falling down in its duties in the run-up to the war in Iraq will appear next Wednesday, a 90-minute PBS broadcast called "Buying the War," ...

... it is skillfully assembled, with many fresh quotes from interviews (with the likes of Tim Russert and Walter Pincus) along with numerous embarrassing examples of past statements by journalists and pundits that proved grossly misleading or wrong. Several prominent media figures, prodded by Moyers, admit the media failed miserably,...

... Moyers mentions some of the chief proponents of the war who refused to speak to him for this program, including Thomas Friedman, Bill Kristol, Roger Ailes, Charles Krauthammer, Judith Miller, and William Safire...

If anyone wonders why the war cheerleaders are scared here is a clue

Of the 414 Iraq stories broadcast on NBC, ABC and CBS nightly news in the six months before the war, almost all could be traced back to sources solely in the White House, Pentagon or State Dept., Moyers tells Russert, who offers no coherent reply.

414 stories from the WH and the war cheerleaders are scared to talk about it.

how do you define who is a liberal talk show host, and who is a conservative talk show host. And is there a point, in going to a show, if the host is adversarial, i thought moyers was.

Forum List

Back