Why are Americans so negative...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Im astounded at the recent polls showing a large majority of Americans believe we are headed in the wrong direction.

Thank God we have had no terror attacks here, the economy is doing great, consumer confidence is up so high that people are not even saving money but are instead spending it like crazy.

So what direction are we supposed to be heading in if this isn't the right one?

2. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    The MSM emphasizes the negative. The Dems emphasize the negative.

Everything is bad...things suck...terrible...War is bad...people dying...blah blah blah..

Bush is evil...things are bad ... blah blah blah.

Imagine if the MSM talked about all the good things we are doing in Iraq. The freedoms, etc. If they talked about consumer confidence, the economy rising, etc.

Polls would be higher than ever.

Many people don't have the brains or the courage to decide for themselves what is good or bad. They are just followers.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Nothing new... see my sig. :)

4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    being that I have a IC before my name rather than a big 'D' or 'R' I will be honest...the war on terror is going reasonably well...however the economy sucks big time...we have a trade deficit of some 2B...most if not all high tech and production jobs have been outsourced to Asia or South America...major auto plants are cutting back and laying off thousands...health care costs are through the roof...gasoline is through the roof... utility costs are through the roof...Illegal Immigration is out of control...service jobs have been created but the middle class... layed off workers... must compete with (illegal alien)cheap labor! I could go on and on...but why...? who is really admitting to reality anymore?

5. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    And the Right goes on and on about the decline of our morals and how our country is in a cultural gutter. I have to listen every day to how this war is the worst thing in the world, and the music I'm listening to will be the downfall of society. People don't like to hear good news; people like to hear bad news they can rally around and argue with people about.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Im inclined to agree that outsourcing and our very unsecured borders are troubling and should be, however the economy is still doing very well, unemployment is very low, and if Greenspan would just leave office already and stop raising interest rates the market would have rallied heavily today.

7. opewon

opewon Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's all about accountability. Dems or Reps has no signifigance anymore. The American people feel like they have been sold out to not only greed by the republicans but also by the social and moral erosion from the dems. It is obvious we need a third party to right the wrongs but I for one have no answers right now. Hopefully someone will step up and actually tell the truth for once.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    To paraphrase Jack Nicholson, what if we can't handle the truth?

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    That sounds great and I like the idea of a true Conservative Independant, but so far there have been no great candidates to fill the bill, nor do I see one coming any time soon as the campaign purse strings are controlled by party loyalists.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Party loyalist aren't stupid either---they control the government no matter who sits in Washington.

My impression of the "negative thing" that you speak of is that many in America want certain things different and are not exactly proud of how they would like to see things (and would be unable to defend them too). For them to get thier way they have to just say everything sucks until someone inadvertantly does what they want to happen.