Why are Americans arming themselves?

Sirkarl101

Nov 20, 2011
Gun sales where up over a million compared to 2010. Why are more and more Americans arming themselves? Do you believe it is the fear of terrorism? That would not seem necessary as the choice of terrorists in regards to conflict is not hand to hand or guns rather bombs. Is it domestic crime? That would be more likely, or is it the uncertainty of your freedoms being stripped from you by the government? The latter is radical but that is my train of thought if you have read any of my other posts. I believe that more and more Americans are losing faith in the government in assuring they will remain free to move about, protect what privacy we have left and keep the military and other policing groups off our streets. What are your thoughts?

RedDawnWolverines.jpg

For me, two reasons:

1. Obama will likely get re-elected and then probably try to restrict guns and bullets.

2. If Obama finally destroys the economy like he wants to, there might be chaos. Best to be armed.

It's not a fear of terrorism. It's a fear of anarchy.
New Orleans after Katrina writ large.

You know the democratic Governor and mayor disarmed law abiding citizens after Katrina?
I do. But I have a hard time thinking the federal government would get very far doing that throughout the nation. Maybe some states in the Northeast would try it, at least until they started losing cops in the effort.

Have you considered the possibility that more Americans are searching for cheaper, alternative means to put food on the table following the economic downturn? A lot of Europeans have. Indeed, I face much stiffer competiton in gaining permission to shoot/hunt on land than I did prior to 2008.

Have you considered the possibility that more Americans are searching for cheaper, alternative means to put food on the table following the economic downturn? A lot of Europeans have. Indeed, I face much stiffer competiton in gaining permission to shoot/hunt on land than I did prior to 2008.
This is very true.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Backyard-Deer-Hunting-Converting-Pennies/dp/1438984189/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IR5EXL0VMFELQ&colid=KU15E6YVC8I3"]I heard a guy interviewed a couple of years ago who had written a book on the subject[/ame], and he was paying something like 15¢ per pound for his meat, plus the deer meat he was harvesting is much healthier than your standard feedlot-raised beef.

It depends on where you live. Not much call for hunting in the cities.

Gun sales where up over a million compared to 2010. Why are more and more Americans arming themselves?

We have a president who is openly hostile to the constitution and flaunts the rule of law. We have mountains of corruption in congress, with Dodd and Frank openly taking bribes from crooked S&L's that become the focal point of an economic disaster that strips a hundred million of their life savings. We are $15 trillion in debt with Obama adding several trillion each year. We have open borders to import a peasant class in a direct assault on the middle class.

Do you believe it is the fear of terrorism?

No, American society is disintegrating and we are on the brink of civil war.

That would not seem necessary as the choice of terrorists in regards to conflict is not hand to hand or guns rather bombs. Is it domestic crime? That would be more likely, or is it the uncertainty of your freedoms being stripped from you by the government? The latter is radical but that is my train of thought if you have read any of my other posts. I believe that more and more Americans are losing faith in the government in assuring they will remain free to move about, protect what privacy we have left and keep the military and other policing groups off our streets. What are your thoughts?

I doubt the US Military would move against US citizens. If there is war, the military will either sit it out, or will fracture between the left and the patriots.

It also depends on the person. When I lived in London I drove out to the countryside to hunt game on the weekends (rabbits, pigeons and deer). I live outside of London now and I still hunt. This isn't because I have to, but because I enjoy sourcing food for myself and being outdoors. Though I'm certainly not blind to the benefits such a skill would pose if the shit really did hit the fan. Nor, do I imagine, are others.

It also depends on the person. When I lived in London I drove out to the countryside to hunt game on the weekends (rabbits, pigeons and deer). I live outside of London now and I still hunt. This isn't because I have to, but because I enjoy sourcing food for myself and being outdoors. Though I'm certainly not blind to the benefits such a skill would pose if the shit really did hit the fan. Nor, do I imagine, are others.

You make me smile. The company I work for is headquartered in London. At any time several are living here at least temporarily from Britian. The one thing they can't understand are the distances involved in going places in the US. Hunting is a sport for all, but those who live in the major cities are likely to have to travel several hundred miles to get to go hunting. Even if, just to throw it out there, even if there are rabbits and ducks closer to that, likely local restrictions will make it impossible to hunt them.

Mostly it's not hunting but self-protection. Likely December sales of firearms was more motivated by the occupy protests than deer season.

Out of fear perhaps of the aftermath of Barry losing the November election? A few incendiary comments afterwards from the likes of Van Jones types and some folks would consider it a free pass to take to the streets and take whatever they want from wherever or whomever they want.

So either they can:

-Shoot little furry animals in the wild to satisfy a need to you know..kill things.
-Get into a drunken fight with a brother-in-law at a family bbq and send ol' Bob to the emergency room.
-Shoot off their toes while cleaning their guns after 2 six packs.
-Pop a few rounds into the guy's car that cut them off on the freeway. That'll learn 'em.
-Prove that the bullet proof vest they just bought really works. And make a Youtube about it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cvZC7tQM8k]Stupid Guy gets Shot with Gun with bulletproof vest - YouTube[/ame]

Gun sales where up over a million compared to 2010. Why are more and more Americans arming themselves? Do you believe it is the fear of terrorism? That would not seem necessary as the choice of terrorists in regards to conflict is not hand to hand or guns rather bombs. Is it domestic crime? That would be more likely, or is it the uncertainty of your freedoms being stripped from you by the government? The latter is radical but that is my train of thought if you have read any of my other posts. I believe that more and more Americans are losing faith in the government in assuring they will remain free to move about, protect what privacy we have left and keep the military and other policing groups off our streets. What are your thoughts?

Americans arm themselves mostly against their fellow Americans.

Why?

We watch entirely too much CRIME TV dramas, and it has perverted our sense of reality.

Of course there ARE some place in the USA where even I would get a license to carry if I lived there.

So either they can:

-Shoot little furry animals in the wild to satisfy a need to you know..kill things.
-Get into a drunken fight with a brother-in-law at a family bbq and send ol' Bob to the emergency room.
-Shoot off their toes while cleaning their guns after 2 six packs.
-Pop a few rounds into the guy's car that cut them off on the freeway. That'll learn 'em.
-Prove that the bullet proof vest they just bought really works. And make a Youtube about it.

Stupid Guy gets Shot with Gun with bulletproof vest - YouTube
Wow.

Yeah, those idiots should not be allowed to handle anything more dangerous than a pink eraser.

I am arming myself, and no, it isn't because of terrorists. That is, if you put into that category those great many who believe that "everything that is yours is mine, and everything that is mine in mine as well."

I don't want to be in any rush to the grocery store when another Katrina or like calamity strikes on a greater scale in this country.

Forum List

Back