Why am I a liberal?

You should get a real argument, oh I forgot cons don't have any....

My "argument" is that I'd like the Government to get their house in order before asking me for more of my hard earned wages. My "argument" is that I'd like the Government to stop printing money to pay for their waste and inefficiency so the money I "do" have isn't worth less and less every day.
That sounds like a good argument to me.

Good argument to make sure that no Republican is ever elected again , to tell us "Washington's taking in too much money" when they still got debt to pay, is that what you mean?

My "argument" is that I'd like the Government to get their house in order before asking me for more of my hard earned wages. My "argument" is that I'd like the Government to stop printing money to pay for their waste and inefficiency so the money I "do" have isn't worth less and less every day.

Good argument to make sure that no Republican is ever elected again , to tell us "Washington's taking in too much money" when they still got debt to pay, is that what you mean?
No... I mean both parties have never shown any interest in balancing the budget. And until they do... We shouldn't vote for them.

Of course... You could be saying: But we need a new pres! Eh... Both houses are made up of primarily those two parties. They currently are the government. They have done next to nothing, and both parties have had the presidency while having it.

If Bush had not been elected many of your wishes would be true today, but he did and we have have top deal with the result, that's life maybe one day we will stop electing Republicans and then government will get it's house in order as it did in 1993 without a single Republican vote. As far as your hard earned money goes haven't you heard nobody that works for a living pays income taxes, and the top 1% have got some of the lowest rates in history, so when it comes to getting things in order it seems pretty clear where they're out of whack.

the top 1% have got some of the lowest rates in history,

The top rate (35%) is 25% higher than the rate in 1988 (28%).
If such a large hike isn't enough to balance the budget, why would raising it another 13% (to 39.6%) do the trick?

If Bush had not been elected many of your wishes would be true today, but he did and we have have top deal with the result, that's life maybe one day we will stop electing Republicans and then government will get it's house in order as it did in 1993 without a single Republican vote. As far as your hard earned money goes haven't you heard nobody that works for a living pays income taxes, and the top 1% have got some of the lowest rates in history, so when it comes to getting things in order it seems pretty clear where they're out of whack.

So you think that if Al Gore had been elected...or John Kerry had been elected that our government would have spent less money? Kind of hard to make that argument, Great Day when the current Democrat sitting in the Oval Office has spent amounts of money that dwarf anything that we've ever spent before each and every year that he's been in office.

What I find amusing about the progressive "mantra" that all we need to do is get the 1% to chip in a little more and everything will be peachy is that a little simple math tells you that even if we took ALL of their income with a 100% tax it still wouldn't come CLOSE to putting a dent in the unfunded entitlements we've obligated ourselves to pay.

The bottom line, Great Day is that anyone who's trying to sell you THAT as a solution to our problems is lying to you in a BIG way.

the fucking government is spending too much money but that fact doesn't fit into your thick skull.

the fucking government is spending too much money but that fact doesn't fit into your thick skull.

Just cause you say it, don't make it a fact, I do agree that spending to keep more people in prison than anybody else or paying 6 times as much as anybody else on defense is stupid, but when I see bridges falling down around the country i know that many would take a hatchet to the whole thing, funny thing about those people though that hatchet never seems to hit the military or prisons where are the two places we overspend the most.

It is also a fact that the wealthy are paying less in tax than just before the Great depression, some of us remember how that turned out, but hell 63% of cons think there were weapons of mass destruction, so who knows what the hell you think...

Last edited:
Numer 1 Answer is;

Because I couldn't find the Wizard to give me a brain.

evident in your comment, I can see it turned you into a con, very common among them, every con i ever talked to was either stupid or evil, I see your the stupid kind....

Just cause you say it, don't make it a fact, I do agree that spending to keep more people in prison than anybody else or paying 6 times as much as anybody else on defense is stupid, but when I see bridges falling down around the country i know that many would take a hatchet to the whole thing, funny thing about those people though that hatchet never seems to hit the military or prisons where are the two places we overspend the most.

It is also a fact that the wealthy are paying less in tax than just before the Great depression, some of us remember how that turned out, but hell 63% of cons think there were weapons of mass destruction, so who knows what the hell you think...

I do agree that spending to keep more people in prison than anybody

Which prisoners should we release? Or should we keep the same number and just spend less? If we release some, how many can stay at your place for a while?

Numer 1 Answer is;

evident in your comment, I can see it turned you into a con, very common among them, every con i ever talked to was either stupid or evil, I see your the stupid kind....

I see your the stupid kind....

LOL! And your belief that only bigger government can fix our problems shows you're a smart liberal.

Speaking of lacking thought, that's the biggest string of non squiturs I've seen thrown together in quite some time. :lol:

The lowest tax bracket in 1944 was 23% and anyone making up to 2000 a year was paying it without all the bullshit deductions we have now

So be careful when you wish for the good ol' days.

And I have no problem reducing military spending. In fact we should close most of our overseas bases and put those soldiers to work protecting our borders.

IMO we should have never invaded Iraq or Afghanistan it was a waste of blood and money.

So you think that if Al Gore had been elected...or John Kerry had been elected that our government would have spent less money? Kind of hard to make that argument, Great Day when the current Democrat sitting in the Oval Office has spent amounts of money that dwarf anything that we've ever spent before each and every year that he's been in office.

What I find amusing about the progressive "mantra" that all we need to do is get the 1% to chip in a little more and everything will be peachy is that a little simple math tells you that even if we took ALL of their income with a 100% tax it still wouldn't come CLOSE to putting a dent in the unfunded entitlements we've obligated ourselves to pay.

The bottom line, Great Day is that anyone who's trying to sell you THAT as a solution to our problems is lying to you in a BIG way.

The "fair share" mantra is just a diversion to convince the unwashed that they can continue to get more free stuff. In the end, the Middle class will end up paying all the freight for the moochers and parasites. They have to because that's where all the money is.

Numer 1 Answer is;

Really? You're glad to "see your the stupid kind" It's spelled y o u ' r e you moron.
Here's a hint son. When you are attacking someone's intelligence, it may be a good idea to ask someone to help you with your post. Any competent 4th grader you know will do.

Perhaps we could put people who commit crimes (worthy of prison sentences) in chain gangs on bridge repair details, then when the terrorists blow the bridges up because we cannot defend them, we can blame it all on people who are wealthy and more successful than you... You Libs are NUTS.

Forum List

Back