Who's the best runningback in NFL history?

Who's the best runningback in NFL history?

• Adrian Peterson

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Eric Dickerson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emmett Smith

• Walter Payton

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • O.J. Simpson

• Jim Brown

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • John Riggins

• Bo Jackson

• Earl Cambell

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Red Grange

• Total voters
Barry Sanders is the best in history. CJ Spiller is the best in the game today, even though Can Gailey doesn't realize it, with CJ and Fred Jackson splitting carries.

Ya Spiller is the bee's knees. He was on that Bills team we crushed 50-17 two weeks ago. He's SCAWY...!!! :eek:

The guy is averaging 6.5 yards per carry. He's better than Marshawn, right? lol

Last edited:
Barry Sanders is the best in history. CJ Spiller is the best in the game today, even though Can Gailey doesn't realize it, with CJ and Fred Jackson splitting carries.

Ya Spiller is the bee's knees. He was on that Bills team we crushed 50-17 two weeks ago. He's SCAWY...!!! :eek:

The guy is averaging 6.5 yards per carry. He better than Marshawn, right? lol

Ya...he's better at running out of bounds than "The Beast". Lynch likes to dish out pain..Spiller likes to avoid it.

Lynch is just one of like three backs the Seahawks use .. As Spiller was also just a part timer.. Adrian Peterson got just about all the snaps for the Vikings. More than once we have had two backs over a hundred in one game. One of our backs, Lynch, is the second leading rusher in the NFL this year. He got a lot of press with the unconsious run against NO to seal the PO game.

The Bills have a lot more problems than who lines up behind Fitzpatrick. Freddie Jackson, when healthy, is not a step down from CJ. Spiller has better breakaway speed, but Jackson is a better power runner and one of the best pass blockers in the league.

The Bills need a quarterback, a coach and a general manager, in that order.

I love Fitz, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn from 30 yards away. When I see what Russell Wilson is doing in Seattle, the Bills and the rest of the league let the next Joe Namath slide to the THIRD round.

Bills need a new QB, a number 2 wide reciever, new linebackers, to fire Nix, and to fire Chan.

I love Freddie, but he's not even close to as explosive as Spiller is now. Jackson is a better blocker than CJ, and maybe is better in short yardage situations, but that's it.

Last edited:
Barry Sanders was the most exciting football player that ever stepped on the field.

He lived in my old neighborhood, in West Bloomfield, MI. I still remember his exact house. :cool: I remember when I used to collect cards, I had a card of him and wanted to get it signed during Halloween, he wasn't at home he left candy outside and I was kind of bummed but I didn't go after that.

Last edited:

Ya...he's better at running out of bounds than "The Beast". Lynch likes to dish out pain..Spiller likes to avoid it.

Lynch is just one of like three backs the Seahawks use .. As Spiller was also just a part timer.. Adrian Peterson got just about all the snaps for the Vikings. More than once we have had two backs over a hundred in one game. One of our backs, Lynch, is the second leading rusher in the NFL this year. He got a lot of press with the unconsious run against NO to seal the PO game.

You're talking to a bills fan. I know Lynch is good, but CJ's better. Once Chan gets fired CJ is going to break all types of NFL records! Watch!

Last edited:

You're talking to a Bills fan. I know Lynch is good, but CJ's better. Once Chan gets fired CJ is going to break all types of NFL records! Watch!

You have my sympathy. Your problem as far as I could tell two weeks ago among other things is Fitzpatrick.

Your special teams are dangerous..for you guys. Spiller was the exception. He is lightning fast and can change direction on a dime. Problem is you also need a bone crusher for the short yardage when the blocking isn't ideal. The solution is usually a great tough ass fullback that can block and catch the football well.

You're talking to a Bills fan. I know Lynch is good, but CJ's better. Once Chan gets fired CJ is going to break all types of NFL records! Watch!

You have my sympathy. Your problem as far as I could tell two weeks ago among other things is Fitzpatrick.

Your special teams are dangerous..for you guys. Spiller was the exception. He is lightning fast and can change direction on a dime. Problem is you also need a bone crusher for the short yardage when the blocking isn't ideal. The solution is usually a great tough ass fullback that can block and catch the football well.

Great Advice!

though I'd probably add, that if possible that big BA fullback should also have been a college QB with two degrees and his own lockerroom video-blog like our own, RealRobReport!

A little behind the scenes insight into the Seahawks!

Great Advice!

though I'd probably add, that if possible that big BA fullback should also have been a college QB with two degrees and his own lockerroom video-blog like our own, RealRobReport!

:lol: That locker room looks like a spa at a billionaires country club. That might be part of why the Seahawks play lights out. Nobody wants to lose the key to the country club! :lol:

Barry Sanders was the most exciting football player that ever stepped on the field.

He lived in my old neighborhood, in West Bloomfield, MI. I still remember his exact house. :cool: I remember when I used to collect cards, I had a card of him and wanted to get it signed during Halloween, he wasn't at home he left candy outside and I was kind of bummed but I didn't go after that.

I used to send cards to sports players with a nice hand written letter and a self addressed stamped envelope, asking for an autograph. Some signed them for real and sent them back, some didn't.

You can tell whose was real because it was done with a sharpie and it matched their known autograph perfectly. Others you can tell it was just a stamp.

Barry was one of the ones who signed it for real. You can't do much with it obviously because theres nothing to prove authentication, but it was still cool when you're just a kid.

I used to send cards to sports players with a nice hand written letter and a self addressed stamped envelope, asking for an autograph. Some signed them for real and sent them back, some didn't.

You can tell whose was real because it was done with a sharpie and it matched their known autograph perfectly. Others you can tell it was just a stamp.

Barry was one of the ones who signed it for real. You can't do much with it obviously because theres nothing to prove authentication, but it was still cool when you're just a kid.

I think one of the things that made Sanders so great is that he was never the diva type of star. He didn't do crazy celebrations, he always came off as humble and grounded. Of course, I've heard that he actually was just never all that passionate about football; his playing was a matter of talent more than desire. That seems quite possible to me considering his retirement while he was still a great player.

That was a pretty nifty idea for a kid, and must have been great when you got a signature back. :)

Both Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers deserve to be on that list, but I think Payton would still get my vote.

Also Tony Dorsett should be there.

Immie

Great Advice!

:lol: That locker room looks like a spa at a billionaires country club. That might be part of why the Seahawks play lights out. Nobody wants to lose the key to the country club! :lol:

According to Matt Hasselbeck, visitors facillities aren't near as nice.

Matt Hasselbeck Exclusive Interview | Mitch in the Morning - Seattle's live and local sports station

"...
Unfortunately, the visitor’s locker room at CenturyLink Field comes “very close to some locker-room man-law violations when you’re in there,” former Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck told Sports Radio KJR on Monday.
“(The Seahawks have) this great locker room, with everything you can imagine. It’s really, really nice. And I always wondered how they ended up doing the visiting locker room,” Hasselbeck told Mitch Levy on KJR’s “Mitch in the Morning” show. “And now I know. There’s six showers for, like, 140 people. People were like, ‘Hey, I didn’t see you after the game.’ It’s like, ‘Well, there were six showers.’ Actually, five showers and then a handicapped shower that, like, spits on you — barely. So now I know that.
“There’s three toilets, for again, like, 140 guys. No, the head coach does get his own shower and his own toilet and sink and mirror and all that. But yeah, that was probably my biggest curiosity, ironically, and now I know. … The thing is, too, it’s like not even a — it’s like one small closet. It’s like the size of a closet and there’s six shower heads in there. There’s very close to some locker-room man-law violations when you’re in there in the first place.”
..."

Great Advice!

Matt Hasselbeck Exclusive Interview | Mitch in the Morning - Seattle's live and local sports station

"...
Unfortunately, the visitor’s locker room at CenturyLink Field comes “very close to some locker-room man-law violations when you’re in there,” former Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck told Sports Radio KJR on Monday.
“(The Seahawks have) this great locker room, with everything you can imagine. It’s really, really nice. And I always wondered how they ended up doing the visiting locker room,” Hasselbeck told Mitch Levy on KJR’s “Mitch in the Morning” show. “And now I know. There’s six showers for, like, 140 people. People were like, ‘Hey, I didn’t see you after the game.’ It’s like, ‘Well, there were six showers.’ Actually, five showers and then a handicapped shower that, like, spits on you — barely. So now I know that.
“There’s three toilets, for again, like, 140 guys. No, the head coach does get his own shower and his own toilet and sink and mirror and all that. But yeah, that was probably my biggest curiosity, ironically, and now I know. … The thing is, too, it’s like not even a — it’s like one small closet. It’s like the size of a closet and there’s six shower heads in there. There’s very close to some locker-room man-law violations when you’re in there in the first place.”
..."

As long as it meets health code requirements I don't see a problem. Century Link is not a place where opponents should feel they are being coddled. They are supposed to endure all hardship and pain the law will allow.

The Pro Bowl nominations just came out and the Seahawks didn't place a single defensive player. Astounding that the defense that allowed the fewest points in the NFC didn't land one spot at the pro bowl. Fuck the other teams. They voted. As the opponents hoping to stop the Seahawks fall to the ground and we stomp them on our path to Super Bowl Victorys for the next decade they can think back and remembr the snub. It will be certain that the Seahawks will not forget nor forgive.

Last edited:

"...
..."

As long as it meets health code requirements I don't see a problem. Century Link is not a place where opponents should feel they are being coddled. They are supposed to endure all hardship and pain the law will allow.

Spoken like a true 12th Man, honored to make your acquaintance, good sir!

Go 'Hawks!

((Now where's the thread about the Seahawks Pro Bowl snubs, and the NFL channel's attempt to blame it on twelthman failing to vote for their team's players?))

"...
..."

Spoken like a true 12th Man, honored to make your acquaintance, good sir!

Go 'Hawks!

((Now where's the thread about the Seahawks Pro Bowl snubs, and the NFL channel's attempt to blame it on twelthman failing to vote for their team's players?))

I added it to the above reply in an edit.

I stick with Jim Brown as the best ever. He was, IMO, the most dominant at the position while he played. His records, including total yardage and YPC were incredible.

Barry Sanders was the most fun to watch.

How two votes could go to Riggins is beyond me.

Peterson needs to finish his career to really get a good view of where he stands.

Terrell Davis didn't play enough to be the best. If he could have avoided injury, maybe he would have been.

Bo Jackson should NEVER be in this discussion! Talking about Bo is entirely about possibility rather than reality. It's very unfortunate that a career that looked so promising was cut short so soon, but it was, and discussing him as one of the best ever is ridiculous. The man played in only 38 games and had less than 3000 career rushing yards.

A tragic case. He serves as the warning to anyone good enough to pick two sports: always pick baseball. Bo Jackson could have played 20 years in the MLB and put up Hall of Fame stats.

I stick with Jim Brown as the best ever. He was, IMO, the most dominant at the position while he played. His records, including total yardage and YPC were incredible.

Barry Sanders was the most fun to watch.

How two votes could go to Riggins is beyond me.

Peterson needs to finish his career to really get a good view of where he stands.

Terrell Davis didn't play enough to be the best. If he could have avoided injury, maybe he would have been.

Bo Jackson should NEVER be in this discussion! Talking about Bo is entirely about possibility rather than reality. It's very unfortunate that a career that looked so promising was cut short so soon, but it was, and discussing him as one of the best ever is ridiculous. The man played in only 38 games and had less than 3000 career rushing yards.

A tragic case. He serves as the warning to anyone good enough to pick two sports: always pick baseball. Bo Jackson could have played 20 years in the MLB and put up Hall of Fame stats.

Bo Jackson should go to the HOF just for what he did to Brian Bosworth. :lol:

I picked Emmitt Smith but Walter Payton was just about as good.

I figure Emmitt won more championships and that's what separated them.

And Larry Czonka wasn't on the list. I figure he was in their league.

I never saw Jim Brown play so I can't judge him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back