Who's Smart?

BTW, Obama interned at Sidley Austin, a top Wall Street firm.

You don't get that by being below average.

But Cruz is a smart guy. He won't be President, but no one will mistake him for Sarah Palin.

How about comparing Obama and Bush.

5. "It is unclear what "smart" really means in politics. I think it is the red herring of politics. Universities are loaded with faculty who are "smart". But 80% are liberal. In politics, policies matter, not technical interpretations of esoteric material; the usual purpose or functionality of high IQ smarts.

[Obama] attended Occidental/Columbia undergrad and Harvard Law. Bush attended Yale undergrad and Harvard Business School.

Bush released his grades and SAT scores (1206 on Verbal and Math--pre-1974--like 1300 today) as did his opponents, Kerry and Gore. Using the "Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude" score, one can infer Bush's IQ to be 130. This places him in about the top 2-3% in the country. This is higher than John Kerry and lower than Al Gore. The latter was a massive underachiever in college.

We do not know Obama's SAT, LSAT, or GPA scores because he won't release them.
His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors.

He was at the bottom 15% in Occidental. He was in the top 10% at Harvard Law because he graduated "magna cum laude". So we assume he is smart, but how he got into Harvard with that record is peculiar. In any event, he will not release his records.

Just as he hides his grades and SAT scores from the public, he also hides what he really thinks about health care "reform". Truly "brilliant".
Law of the Bad Premise Obama s Rocky Mountain High IQ

You funny

Some "estimate"
His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors.

So your "estimate" is based on him not flunking out and not graduating with honors

Rocket science.....pure rocket science

Hmmmm......analysis by the WSJ vs the opinion of an Obama lap-dog who lies about his avi.....

Tough choice.

Damn...that is some high tech "analysis"

7. On a 2,400 scale.

The following are the original as well as the adjusted scores :

NAME Actual Score Adjusted Score

Paul Wellstone ( ex- Sen.) < 800 < 1,320

Amy Tan ( Author) 1100 ( Approx) 1,770 ( approx)

George W.Bush 1,206 1,930

Meredith Viera ( TV Host) 1,300’s 2,070

Al Gore 1,335 2,120

Scott McNealy 1,420 2,250

Ben Stein 1,573 2,390

In addition the above, it was reported in the N.Y. Post that when Jennifer Lopez was asked what she got on her SATs , she replied ” Nail Polish !” What about George Bush’s score ? Since the average SAT score today is around 1,600 , Mr. Bush’s score of 1,930 is highly respectable. If he had a lackluster career at Yale, it was probably because he partied his way through college.
George W. Bush s SAT Score Golden Ripples

a. For two of his four years at Harvard, [Al] Gore ranked in the bottom fifth of his class academically. After squeaking through Harvard, Gore returned to Tennessee and, after flunking out of its Divinity School, entered but failed to earn a degree from Vanderbilt University Law School. NewsMax Archives

We didn't have SATs in Canada.

I did take the Mensa test three times. And every time, I got 138, 2 points below the acceptance rate. lol

I thought that either I was a pretty smart guy or those were the most clever rejection letters I had ever received!

We didn't have SATs in Canada.

I did take the Mensa test three times. And every time, I got 138, 2 points below the acceptance rate. lol

I thought that either I was a pretty smart guy or those were the most clever rejection letters I had ever received!

I heard they were thinking of putting colleges in in Canada......some day.

9. "Linda Gottfredson, co-director of the University of Delaware-Johns Hopkins Project for the Study of Intelligence and Society, told United Press International: "I recently converted Bush's SAT score to an IQ using the high school norms available for his age cohort. Educational Testing Service happened to have done a study of representative high school students within a year or so of when he took the test. I derived an IQ of 125, which is the 95th percentile." In other words, only one out of 20 people would score higher.

Another IQ expert, Charles Murray of the American Enterprise Institute, the co-author of the bestseller "The Bell Curve," came up with a similar result when asked by UPI. Noting that everybody except high school dropouts takes the PSAT when they are sophomores, Murray calculated from PSAT scores that "I think you're safe in saying that Dubya's IQ, based on his SAT score, is in excess of 120, which puts him the top 10 percent of the distribution, but I wouldn't try to be more precise than that."

It's from a UPI article from January of 2004. Written by Steve SailerBush higher SAT score than John Kerry vanity

The silence from the "Bush is soooo dummmmm" crowd is deafening.

No matter who it is, if the person under discussion is a Republican, a conservative, a religious individual, one can always count on Liberals to accuse 'em of being 'dummmm.'
Never fails.

Let's see.....

1. "Meanwhile talk show host Rush Limbaugh, political commentator Bill O'Reilly and actor and economist Ben Stein picked up near-perfect [SAT] scores of 1530, 1585 and 1573 respectively.

It's not just conservatives with high scores though: Al Gore kept the tally high for the Democrat camp with a score of 1355.

US president Barack Obama, on the other hand, has repeatedly refused to release his education records.

Not all celebrities fared brilliantly however, with presenter Howard Stern rumoured to have picked up a low 870, and baseball star Alex Rodriguez reaching just 910. Meanwhile stand-up comedian Janeane Garofalo is thought to have scored around 950."
Celebrities SAT scores revealed amid controversy over regrading Daily Mail Online

2. ".... former US President Bill Clinton scored fairly low - with results of 1020 puts him more than 200 points below successor George W Bush's 1206. SAT FAIL !"
Ibid.

3. "Famed Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz ranks Sen. Ted Cruz among the school’s smartest students,...."
Dershowitz Ted Cruz one of Harvard Law s smartest students The Daily Caller

4. How many time have we heard that Bush is 'stoooopiddddd.'
Turns out, it's just one more Liberal error....you know, like electing you-know-who.

"Being a legacy student definitely helped much more years ago. But it's foolish to think that a 1206 is an average score.
A 1206 would be scored a 1210 by today's standards of rounding off (all scores end in 0). And it's more than 2 standard deviations above the mean, putting his score in the top 5% when it was taken. The vast majority of "average colleges" offer full-scholarships to students they can attract with SATs at or above 1200 (on the old scale).

By no means would it only have been good enough to get him into an average college. It would have been considered an acceptable score by most institutions in the nation, pending the rest of the application such as GPA, extra-curriculars, etc.

You can debate the worthiness of his acceptance to an Ivy League school with such a score because most have traditionally preferred 1300 or above on the old scale since the late 90's, but you cannot debate the fact that it was a very good score. I'm not even a Bush supporter nor did I vote for him, but there's no denying the stats.
Good leaders are not defined by their SAT score or where they went to school, it takes a little something else that a number cannot quantify."
Breaking news Sarah palin shockingly low sat score racism Hillary Clinton anti-American - Elections - Page 19 - City-Data Forum

"....Good leaders are not defined by their SAT score or where they went to school, it takes a little something else that a number cannot quantify."

A vision for America.
LMAO You're such an idiot. Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. SAT scores mean very little--standardized tests mean very little. Being a Rhodes Scholar means a great deal. You exemplify why people say conservatives are dummmmmm.....because they have no critical thinking skills. All SAT does is measure language and math.....and people study for the SAT. To study for a specific standardized test is not a measure of overall intelligence and critical thinking skills.

You made my day! You're one of those imbeciles who believes that those awards that Liberals give each other are actually deserved!!!

Watch how I prove.....not show, PROVE what a moron you are!

8. How about Rhodes Scholars.....being named such must mean one is really smart, huh?

"The two major-party presidential candidates in 2000 had above-average SAT scores: 1206 for George W. Bush and 1355 for Al Gore. Many public officials decline to reveal their scores. Former New Jersey senator Bill Bradley (D), a Princeton University graduate and Rhodes Scholar, declined to comment on widespread reports during the 2000 primary election season that his verbal score on the SAT was 485. Verbal and math scores, each with a possible high of 800, are combined to get the overall SAT score. Because of a scoring readjustment, SAT scores before 1995 were somewhat lower for the same number of right answers.

.... the late Minnesota Sen. Paul D. Wellstone (D) had written in an article published in 2000. His SAT score reportedly was below 900.

According to the College Board and ACT Inc., owners of the two primary college-entrance tests, last year at least 2 million American high-schoolers got SAT scores below 1200 or ACT scores below 26, usually putting them out of the running for admission to the most selective colleges. At least 1.2 million of the total 2.6 million test-takers scored below 1000 on the SAT, or below 22 on the ACT.

Bad Scores Good Company washingtonpost.com

Who's Smart?

get-smart-shoe-phone.jpg

Who's Smart?

get-smart-shoe-phone.jpg

Wait.....dumb as a shoe?????

I've got one!

And this, ....for comic relief: Know how Liberals always accuse opponents of being dumb?...but their candidates the most brilliant...e.g., claiming Jimmy Carter was a 'nuclear physicist'????

How about this:

10. November 11, 2008
Historian Michael Beschloss was interviewed Monday on Don Imus’ radio show and he made the claim that President-elect Obama’s IQ is off the charts and that he is the smartest president we have ever had. Here is the meat of the conversation:

Quote:

Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably - he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.

You can find the full audio on the show here. WTKK - Imus In The Morning, 96.9 WTKK, Boston*-*Imus in the Morning guest: Michael Beschloss 11/10/08
Fine Tuning Imus Hosts Beschloss Faints Over Obama

a. Then there is the skin-color selection as the president of the Harvard Law Review: 'The Selection Committee must then choose the remaining editors from a pool of qualified candidates whose grades or writing competition scores do not significantly differ. It is at this stage that the Law Review as for several years instituted an affirmative action policy for historically underrepresented groups: out of this pool, the Selection Committee may take race or physical handicap into account in making their final decision, if the Selection Committee believes that such affirmative action will enhance the representativeness of the incoming class."
http://www.hlrecord.org/2.4475/record-retrospective-obama-on-affirmative-action-1.577511

Get the joke???

Obama....."he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President."

There's a knee slapper for ya'!!!!!

And Obama voters....." probably the smartest voters ever to vote for a President."

Not.

11. Just a couple more....

a. "Sharon Stone is alleged to have an IQ of 154

Benjamin Netanyahu is alleged to have an IQ of 180"
(guess who he has a higher IQ than?)
The Smartest People In The World - Business Insider

And this:

b. "Kim Ung-Yong (born March 7, 1963) is a Korean former child prodigy. He scored a 210 IQ on the Stanford-Binet test according to the Guinness Book of World Records. At five months he was able to walk and speak and at seven months he was able to write and play chess . He began to learn differential calculus at the age of three. He was able to read and write in Japanese, Korean, German, and English by his fourth birthday. At the age of four years on November 2, 1967, he solved complicated differential and integral calculus problems on Japanese television, demonstrated his proficiency in German, English, Japanese, and Korean, and composed poetry.

Kim was a guest student of physics at Hanyang University from the age of three until he was six. At the age of seven he was invited to the United States by NASA.. He finished his university studies, eventually getting a Ph.D in physics at Colorado State University before he was 15. In 1974, during his university studies, he began his research work at NASA and continued this work until his return to Korea in 1978.

When he returned to Korea, his doctorate in physics and research work at NASA were considered worthless and he had to begin his studies again. He decided to switch from physics to civil engineering and eventually received a doctorate in that field. Kim was offered the chance to study at the most prestigious universities in Korea, but instead chose to attend a provincial university.
Celebrity IQ - The IQ of Famous Celebrities - SAT Scores
Kim Ung-yong - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

11. Just a couple more....

a. "Sharon Stone is alleged to have an IQ of 154

Benjamin Netanyahu is alleged to have an IQ of 180"
(guess who he has a higher IQ than?)
The Smartest People In The World - Business Insider

And this:

b. "Kim Ung-Yong (born March 7, 1963) is a Korean former child prodigy. He scored a 210 IQ on the Stanford-Binet test according to the Guinness Book of World Records. At five months he was able to walk and speak and at seven months he was able to write and play chess . He began to learn differential calculus at the age of three. He was able to read and write in Japanese, Korean, German, and English by his fourth birthday. At the age of four years on November 2, 1967, he solved complicated differential and integral calculus problems on Japanese television, demonstrated his proficiency in German, English, Japanese, and Korean, and composed poetry.

Kim was a guest student of physics at Hanyang University from the age of three until he was six. At the age of seven he was invited to the United States by NASA.. He finished his university studies, eventually getting a Ph.D in physics at Colorado State University before he was 15. In 1974, during his university studies, he began his research work at NASA and continued this work until his return to Korea in 1978.

When he returned to Korea, his doctorate in physics and research work at NASA were considered worthless and he had to begin his studies again. He decided to switch from physics to civil engineering and eventually received a doctorate in that field. Kim was offered the chance to study at the most prestigious universities in Korea, but instead chose to attend a provincial university.
Celebrity IQ - The IQ of Famous Celebrities - SAT Scores
Kim Ung-yong - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Apparently, having a high IQ doesn't do anything to prevent insanity. Lol.

My dog's pretty smart.

He's an Aussie.

We have to spell in front him.

Then he figured that out. Now we have to speak in code.

I have a smart bunny rabbit. the guinea pigs? dumb as toast.

I wish my rabbit was just a LITTLE bit smarter. :D I tell him all the time, if you were just a wee bit smarter, you would be the perfect pet.

They're still great peta. Sweetest critters.

No matter who it is, if the person under discussion is a Republican, a conservative, a religious individual, one can always count on Liberals to accuse 'em of being 'dummmm.'
Never fails.

Let's see.....

1. "Meanwhile talk show host Rush Limbaugh, political commentator Bill O'Reilly and actor and economist Ben Stein picked up near-perfect [SAT] scores of 1530, 1585 and 1573 respectively.

It's not just conservatives with high scores though: Al Gore kept the tally high for the Democrat camp with a score of 1355.

US president Barack Obama, on the other hand, has repeatedly refused to release his education records.

Not all celebrities fared brilliantly however, with presenter Howard Stern rumoured to have picked up a low 870, and baseball star Alex Rodriguez reaching just 910. Meanwhile stand-up comedian Janeane Garofalo is thought to have scored around 950."
Celebrities SAT scores revealed amid controversy over regrading Daily Mail Online

2. ".... former US President Bill Clinton scored fairly low - with results of 1020 puts him more than 200 points below successor George W Bush's 1206. SAT FAIL !"
Ibid.

3. "Famed Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz ranks Sen. Ted Cruz among the school’s smartest students,...."
Dershowitz Ted Cruz one of Harvard Law s smartest students The Daily Caller

4. How many time have we heard that Bush is 'stoooopiddddd.'
Turns out, it's just one more Liberal error....you know, like electing you-know-who.

"Being a legacy student definitely helped much more years ago. But it's foolish to think that a 1206 is an average score.
A 1206 would be scored a 1210 by today's standards of rounding off (all scores end in 0). And it's more than 2 standard deviations above the mean, putting his score in the top 5% when it was taken. The vast majority of "average colleges" offer full-scholarships to students they can attract with SATs at or above 1200 (on the old scale).

By no means would it only have been good enough to get him into an average college. It would have been considered an acceptable score by most institutions in the nation, pending the rest of the application such as GPA, extra-curriculars, etc.

You can debate the worthiness of his acceptance to an Ivy League school with such a score because most have traditionally preferred 1300 or above on the old scale since the late 90's, but you cannot debate the fact that it was a very good score. I'm not even a Bush supporter nor did I vote for him, but there's no denying the stats.
Good leaders are not defined by their SAT score or where they went to school, it takes a little something else that a number cannot quantify."
Breaking news Sarah palin shockingly low sat score racism Hillary Clinton anti-American - Elections - Page 19 - City-Data Forum

"....Good leaders are not defined by their SAT score or where they went to school, it takes a little something else that a number cannot quantify."

A vision for America.
LMAO You're such an idiot. Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. SAT scores mean very little--standardized tests mean very little. Being a Rhodes Scholar means a great deal. You exemplify why people say conservatives are dummmmmm.....because they have no critical thinking skills. All SAT does is measure language and math.....and people study for the SAT. To study for a specific standardized test is not a measure of overall intelligence and critical thinking skills.

You made my day! You're one of those imbeciles who believes that those awards that Liberals give each other are actually deserved!!!

Watch how I prove.....not show, PROVE what a moron you are!

8. How about Rhodes Scholars.....being named such must mean one is really smart, huh?

"The two major-party presidential candidates in 2000 had above-average SAT scores: 1206 for George W. Bush and 1355 for Al Gore. Many public officials decline to reveal their scores. Former New Jersey senator Bill Bradley (D), a Princeton University graduate and Rhodes Scholar, declined to comment on widespread reports during the 2000 primary election season that his verbal score on the SAT was 485. Verbal and math scores, each with a possible high of 800, are combined to get the overall SAT score. Because of a scoring readjustment, SAT scores before 1995 were somewhat lower for the same number of right answers.

.... the late Minnesota Sen. Paul D. Wellstone (D) had written in an article published in 2000. His SAT score reportedly was below 900.

According to the College Board and ACT Inc., owners of the two primary college-entrance tests, last year at least 2 million American high-schoolers got SAT scores below 1200 or ACT scores below 26, usually putting them out of the running for admission to the most selective colleges. At least 1.2 million of the total 2.6 million test-takers scored below 1000 on the SAT, or below 22 on the ACT.

Bad Scores Good Company washingtonpost.com
You're wrong. You know nothing about college admission. SAT, GPA and any other numbers that reflect standardized test scores and other numerical statistics are only one factor used in consideration of college admission, especially for the best colleges.

SAT is not important in the way you think it is. It is one small factor used for admission to university, and the more prestigious the college is, the less that particular number is important. Many other factors are far more important.

Also, it only applies to the US. Around the world, the best universities are not using SAT, or using it as a major factor, to consider admitting students. You seem to think of SAT as some all-inclusive measure of intelligence. It isn't. And, BTW, my SAT scores were fairly high, so I'm not being defensive. It's just that I am familiar with the ways universities and colleges go about assessing students for admission, and, as well, I am familiar with the value of standardized tests.

Also, SAT only measures language and math abilities. It is not an IQ test, it does not measure critical thinking skills, it does not measure a myriad of other factors in the intelligence and potential of a human being. The fact that you are not able to grasp this point is an indication of your own intellectual limitations. High SAT does not equal 'smart.' But you are seemingly unable to negotiate that simple concept.

Last edited:
My dog's pretty smart.

He's an Aussie.

I wish my rabbit was just a LITTLE bit smarter. :D I tell him all the time, if you were just a wee bit smarter, you would be the perfect pet.

I love my bunny. Since it's been a little warmer, I've been bringing him outside with me, and he loves it!

My dog's pretty smart.

He's an Aussie.

I love my bunny. Since it's been a little warmer, I've been bringing him outside with me, and he loves it!

Mine only goes out when we go to the vet. But he walks around the living room. I have my coffee with him sitting next to me every day. :)

The same Bush who graduated with a "C" average?

Clinton probably scored as low because he has a female brain, and therefore the SAT was biased against him (satire/sarcasm). Then again he might have been like me and took the test without any preparation (as my score was about the same).

Forum List

Back