Whole Foods

Up 38% today. WFMI.

Of course it's nowhere near the $75/share it was back in October of 2006. This stock has lost most of its value and I wonder how their stores are holding up under the recession?

Well, Barrons upgraded Whole Foods today to a Buy from a Hold.

Green Light for Whole Foods - Barrons.com

My cousin works there. Anything you wanna know?

Yes.

While Whole Foods' produce is amazing and their meats are excellent, why do you guys have the absolute WORST looking fish in the world? I could go to a frickin' Pathmark and get better looking fish.

Up 38% today. WFMI.

Of course it's nowhere near the $75/share it was back in October of 2006. This stock has lost most of its value and I wonder how their stores are holding up under the recession?

Yes.

While Whole Foods' produce is amazing and their meats are excellent, why do you guys have the absolute WORST looking fish in the world? I could go to a frickin' Pathmark and get better looking fish.

lol.

I'll make a note of it.

lol pathmark

haven't heard that ina while living in florida

even though I was more of a Shop Rite guy myself

It's all abou tthe can can month

when i was in high school, i worked in a waldbaum's to pick up extra cash. they had the best appetizing around. they still do, actually.

A&P near my folks is way nicer than waldbaum's, though. really pretty store. and you're right, no lines.

yeah, always wondered why A&P never had lines...are they still in business?

I always thought Pathmark was the ghetto supermarket...not in the fact that black people shopped there...they just always looked run down and the building was always ugly...at least the ones I always went too.

When I first moved to Florida, I wanted to go pick up eggs or something it was 3 or 4 inthe morning. Went to the Publix and guy told me they were closed...I thought it was illegal or something by the face I gave him... I didn't even know supermarkets closed.

It was a real eye opner when I moved down.

It amases me how Publix and Win Dixie even though they are getting killed by Publix are the only 2 major supermarket chains here.

When I lived in NYC

I had Shop Rite, Pathmark, A&P, Waulbaums all within 5 miles of each other

yeah, always wondered why A&P never had lines...are they still in business?

I always thought Pathmark was the ghetto supermarket...not in the fact that black people shopped there...they just always looked run down and the building was always ugly...at least the ones I always went too.

When I first moved to Florida, I wanted to go pick up eggs or something it was 3 or 4 inthe morning. Went to the Publix and guy told me they were closed...I thought it was illegal or something by the face I gave him... I didn't even know supermarkets closed.

It was a real eye opner when I moved down.

It amases me how Publix and Win Dixie even though they are getting killed by Publix are the only 2 major supermarket chains here.

When I lived in NYC

I had Shop Rite, Pathmark, A&P, Waulbaums all within 5 miles of each other

I always thought it was because A&P's were in waspier neighborhoods and waldbaum's were in more jewishy neighborhoods where people were more into food... lol. so more lines. The A&P in Holmdel, NJ is beautiful. And there was a futurestore up northern jersey (Alpine, I think) that used to be really nice. (My family's in the food industry... when i was in my first two years of law school, interning didn't fill my pockets, my paid summer job for two years was doing merchandising, so i had to drive from store to store. amazing what you get to learn about supermarkets).

i remember the first time i went to florida and didn't recognize the names of any of the supermarkets. I mean, really, Winn-Dixie?!?!?! Publix???? :eek:

i had never even heard of them.

I still have a Pathmark, Two Waldbaum's and a Stop 'n Shop within walking distance. And that doesn't include our little local supermarket. I don't know how they all do ok. But they seem to. Of all of them, the pathmark is my least favorite.... rudest employees, terrible deli. (But NY rocks!)

yeah stop & shop is the new thing I hear....I went into one on Staten Island...it was real nice.

yeah, this past weekend when I went up North me and friends were talking about old stores from our youths

Example....I still call CVS, Sav On...I think I'm the only person that does that

Up 38% today. WFMI.

Yes.

He says try the whole foods in columbus circle.

Up 38% today. WFMI.

Yes.

The Whole Foods I shopped at in Colorado had excellent fish.

having designed a couple of whole foods stores ..... originally they had a very solid 45k sq ft store concept that was very efficient and targeted what people want ....then they wandered off into this german super store concept ..... i think they built one in texas......they drifted away from who they are....anyway i haven't done a store in quite awhile....i hear they are returning to their roots.....

Yes.

He says try the whole foods in columbus circle.

There's no where to park in Columbus Circle. What's wrong with Houston St or the Chelsea store? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back