Whole Foods

having designed a couple of whole foods stores ..... originally they had a very solid 45k sq ft store concept that was very efficient and targeted what people want ....then they wandered off into this german super store concept ..... i think they built one in texas......they drifted away from who they are....anyway i haven't done a store in quite awhile....i hear they are returning to their roots.....

they still make really good turkey sandwiches, though. :clap2:

Yes.

While Whole Foods' produce is amazing and their meats are excellent, why do you guys have the absolute WORST looking fish in the world? I could go to a frickin' Pathmark and get better looking fish.

He says try the whole foods in columbus circle.

There's no where to park in Columbus Circle. What's wrong with Houston St or the Chelsea store? :eusa_whistle:

No idea. I've never been to NYC.:lol: just passing along a message. columbus circle is the one my cousin went to when he was there and he said the fish looked really good.

No idea. I've never been to NYC.:lol: just passing along a message. columbus circle is the one my cousin went to when he was there and he said the fish looked really good.

lol.. no worries. tell your cousin "thanks!".

I actually don't go to wholefoods for fresh fish. I have a great place in Brooklyn about a mile from where we live. But, I figured if the fish on Houston St. was good, I'd check out the salmon next time I was over there. :)

Yes.

While Whole Foods' produce is amazing and their meats are excellent, why do you guys have the absolute WORST looking fish in the world? I could go to a frickin' Pathmark and get better looking fish.

He says try the whole foods in columbus circle.

There's no where to park in Columbus Circle. What's wrong with Houston St or the Chelsea store? :eusa_whistle:

I go to the one in Union Square. It's the newest one there and was featured recently on Top Chef. To get good fish, I have to go to Garden of Eden, which is basically $17/lb. for Swordfish and $22/lb. for tuna. It's outrageously expensive... but the fish is good.

lol.. no worries. tell your cousin "thanks!".

I actually don't go to wholefoods for fresh fish. I have a great place in Brooklyn about a mile from where we live. But, I figured if the fish on Houston St. was good, I'd check out the salmon next time I was over there. :)

Where do you go for good fish??

Avenue U fish market....place is awesome, my friends family owns it...some of the freshest stuff around

Kramer was touting RGH (I think) which is, I'm informed, the largest producer of store brand (off brand) cereals.

Apparently WALMARTS is only selling about 15% off brands and plans on devoting a greater percentage of their shelf space to those chepaer brands.

And as I find myself now buying more off brands to help me deal with this economic meltdown, it occurs to me that I am probably in that sense, a fairly good indicator that those companies which make such ersatz things as Raisin Bran and Cheerios will probably do rather well in these trying times.

As you know, I do not buy stocks, so you can take the above for exactly what it is...hearsay, rather than something I actually KNOW.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back