Whoa! Ladies - Grab Your Boobs and Hang On

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Jesus - I couldn't make up my mind where to post this. I thought maybe "Major Insanity" but we don't have that forum so "Environmental" will have to do.

I was reading National Review this weekend and came to this little ditty. I still haven't quite recovered from it:

On the subject of oil spills, the EPA is ready to go beyond petroleum, and has set its beady administrative gaze upon an unexpected threat to the environment: "Milk typically contains a percentage of animal fat, which is a non-petroleum oil," say a recent EPA finding. "Thus, containers storing milk are subject to the Oil Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Program rule." What this means is that dairy farmers are now to be regulated under the same rules that apply to deep-sea oil rigs, and will be obliged to build emergency storage tanks and to develop oil-spill contingency plans, among other things. Leave it to the regulators to have a cow over a product so safe that we feed it to babies.

This is what I hate about environmentalists. They go to ridiculous extremes in guaranteeing the purity of the environment. Following this stretch of absurd reckoning, since humans are counted in the "animal" family, I think women should probably give some serious thought to what kind of preventive measures we should take to protect the environment from "a percentage of animal fat" that we might secrete before the EPA tells us what to do.

Here's a link so you won't think I'm making this stuff up:
EPA classifies milk as oil, forcing costly rules on farmers | MLive.com

Anyone got any ideas on this subject?

Last edited:
Western Civilization has gone completely bananas.

Big Ag has had it too easy for too long. It's time for the dairy barons to pay their own damn way.

And are you going to bitch when the price of milk and everything made with dairy products goes up? Are you going to demand the government do something about it?

Is there a better symbol of the patriarchal tyranny this nation has foisted upon women and childen than milk? From a cow? A COW!?

Big Ag is laughing at you, Dave. LAUGHING!

Big Ag has had it too easy for too long. It's time for the dairy barons to pay their own damn way.

And are you going to bitch when the price of milk and everything made with dairy products goes up? Are you going to demand the government do something about it?

Is there a better symbol of the patriarchal tyranny this nation has foisted upon women and childen than milk? From a cow? A COW!?

Uh huh. Never mind the fact that milk tastes good and is great for cooking. :lol:

Look, I'm no fan of the government propping up the agriculture industry, and think prices supports and paying people NOT to farm should end...but not all at once. Should be phased out over a decade or so. Otherwise, that's too big a hit on the economy all at once.

But the horseshit in the OP is exactly that: horseshit. More government regulation by morons.

Uh huh. Never mind the fact that milk tastes good and is great for cooking. :lol:

Look, I'm no fan of the government propping up the agriculture industry, and think prices supports and paying people NOT to farm should end...but not all at once. Should be phased out over a decade or so. Otherwise, that's too big a hit on the economy all at once.

But the horseshit in the OP is exactly that: horseshit. More government regulation by morons.

I was just goofin', Dave. Of course the enviro-fascists are nuts. And, it appears, lactose intolerant.

I was just goofin', Dave. Of course the enviro-fascists are nuts. And, it appears, lactose intolerant.
:rofl: Wouldn't surprise me if some of them felt the same way as your satire.

That's true ... but this BS is going to come down on the small family dairy farms too. They'll be lucky if they're able to keep their farms considering the cost of this crap ... or should I say "cow patties?"

That's true ... but this BS is going to come down on the small family dairy farms too. They'll be lucky if they're able to keep their farms considering the cost of this crap ... or should I say "cow patties?"

Actually I would not be surprised if we find out that big Ag is behind this effort purely to drive the small dairy farms out of business. All that competition you know.

Actually I would not be surprised if we find out that big Ag is behind this effort purely to drive the small dairy farms out of business. All that competition you know.

Walleyes, that sounds like some wildeyed liberal blather. I'm ashamed of you:lol:

wtf was the Bush administration thinking?

kneejerkliberalreason50.jpg

Forum List

Back