Who wrote the bible?

HEAVILY edited, resulting in the version used today.

What difference could it possibly make if you are working with ancient bullshit.

You Can Not Make A Silk Purse From A Sow's Ear

I've got a recommendation for you to try.........if you have cable, look on the God's Learning Channel and find a program called "Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel", and just watch it sometime for 1/2 hour.

You'll be surprised at some of the things you'll learn.

True, but I am talking about the translators hundreds of years ago. There are words translated from Greek in the bible where there was never a Greek word for that word when the Bible was written.
Politics of the day when the Bible was translated.
Myths that the hundreds of scribes that translated the Bible for the King James version cover for that with "they were inspired by God" nonsense.

It didn't happen like that, as you would know if you had any understanding of the way the bible has been handled through the ages.

How the Bible was "handled" had nothing to do with the translations by scribes that took their orders from the monarchs and their religous influences of the day.
A thorough understanding and education in the cultures of the day when the translations took place is needed to understand not only the historical accounts in the Bible, which I believe to be fairly accurate, and the supposed commands by God that conflict with each other in different books in the Bible and were motivated more by the ideology of the day rather than by fact.
Sort of amazing those folks claimed to hear God speak and all of a sudden the big guy has clammed up for the last 2000 years.

Yes, that's the meme of the ignorant.

The truth is somewhat different, however.

It didn't happen like that, as you would know if you had any understanding of the way the bible has been handled through the ages.

How the Bible was "handled" had nothing to do with the translations by scribes that took their orders from the monarchs and their religous influences of the day.
A thorough understanding and education in the cultures of the day when the translations took place is needed to understand not only the historical accounts in the Bible, which I believe to be fairly accurate, and the supposed commands by God that conflict with each other in different books in the Bible and were motivated more by the ideology of the day rather than by fact.
Sort of amazing those folks claimed to hear God speak and all of a sudden the big guy has clammed up for the last 2000 years.

You keep speaking of this "truth" yet fail to post one word as to what that "truth" specifically is.

Either God isn't or is.
Either Jesus is God's full revelation to us or he isn't.
If you give positive assent to the above,here's another one: if God is àll powerful, why should he not have given us his version of events and ensured it would never be distorted by humanity or the passage of time?
Walk out the front door, turn on the news, go to a childrens hospital. Duh "Gawd" these idiots believe in is a fantasy supreme fuck up. Xtshuns LOVE fuckups, especially murkins.

Well that's great, this thread attracted the four most demented.

I was actually hoping for more hits from reasonably intelligent people with a little biblical history background but oh well. A wash.

You keep speaking of this "truth" yet fail to post one word as to what that "truth" specifically is.

Her "truth" is whatever she thinks it is, based on cherry picked Bible verses.

I've never done that, loser. Does even a fraction of your mind exist in the real world?

HEAVILY edited, resulting in the version used today.

What difference could it possibly make if you are working with ancient bullshit.

You Can Not Make A Silk Purse From A Sow's Ear

I've got a recommendation for you to try.........if you have cable, look on the God's Learning Channel and find a program called "Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel", and just watch it sometime for 1/2 hour.

You'll be surprised at some of the things you'll learn.

I read the bible and the book of Mormon while I was still in my teens, I continued to study the new testament and had most of it committed to memory chapter and verse while I was still in my twenties. I've studied Hinduism, Buddhism and the Islamic belief.

Religions of today were initiated by primitives some 3500 to 5000 years ago. HELLO!!

Two things are involved here, the brainwashing of each new generation by the old and humans not dealing with their mortality. We're All Going To Die And Not A Schwangin Dick Or A Tight Vagina Will Show Up Again!! One of the biggest lies which was told and verified by other liars is that a man was hung on a tree, slowly bled to death and showed up fine as could be two days later.

Oh....about me having cable. I pay COMCAST $203 a month. I guess that's a yes.

Last edited:
How can they have been in direct contact with JC when the oldest part of the NT was writen 70 years after JC's death.

People lived A LOT longer back then than we do now. It was nothing for someone to live a couple hundred yrs or more. Jesus was only 32 when He died...

The first sentence should read:
Their authors were associates of Jesus or his immediate followers, men to whom Jesus had entrusted the leadership of the early cult.

For that is what it was at that time.

Who wrote the bible?

Bronze Age Savages who didn't know where the Sun went at night, or what a Germ was, or what an atom was, and everything they didn't understand was "God".

You don't practice Bronze Age medicine or bronze age food production or bronze age sanitation...

So why are you practicing Bronze Age Morality?

The first sentence should read:
Their authors were associates of Jesus or his immediate followers, men to whom Jesus had entrusted the leadership of the early cult.

For that is what it was at that time.

Except of course that's not entirely true. For one thing, the Bible also consists of the Old Testament.

Who wrote the bible?

Bronze Age Savages who didn't know where the Sun went at night, or what a Germ was, or what an atom was, and everything they didn't understand was "God".

You don't practice Bronze Age medicine or bronze age food production or bronze age sanitation...

Cuz we should all murder, fuck and kill children with impunity. We're MODERN now!

Whatever. Next.

Books of the NT:

"Their authors were associates of Jesus or his immediate followers, men to whom Jesus had entrusted the leadership of the early church. The Gospel writers Matthew and John were some of Jesus' closest followers. Mark and Luke were companions of the apostles, having access to the apostles' account of Jesus' life.
The other New Testament authors had immediate access to Jesus as well: James and Jude were half-brothers of Jesus who initially did not believe in him. Peter was one of the 12 apostles. Paul started out as a hater of Christianity, but he became an apostle after he had a vision of Christ. He was also in communication with the other apostles."

These are not Roman or Greek philosophers. Though some of the bible was written in Greek.

"Our modern translations are confirmed by a huge number of ancient manuscripts in both Hebrew and Greek, including the mid-20th century discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. These scrolls hold the oldest existing fragments of almost all of the Old Testament books, dating from 150 B.C. The similarity of the Dead Sea manuscripts to hand copies made even 1,000 years later is proof of the care the ancient Hebrew scribes took in copying their scriptures."

Who Wrote the Bible - Is the Bible Reliable?

the writers were frauds.

all of them pretending to be people that new Jesus. copying names, but failing to copy styles.

All they wanted to do was build a faith that was easy to follow and you had to follow or you went to hell.

the rules are simple.

give us money
get baptised
give us money
pay us to marry you
give us money
pay us to baptise your kids
give us money
give us land
give us money
give us power
give us money
give us control
give us money

Who wrote the bible?

that's idiotic

How can they have been in direct contact with JC when the oldest part of the NT was writen 70 years after JC's death.

People lived A LOT longer back then than we do now. It was nothing for someone to live a couple hundred yrs or more. Jesus was only 32 when He died...

Damn funny that in recorded history the only place you can show that people lived longer is in the bible. For instance, when I was born in 1934 the life expectancy of a White male was 61 years. During the 77 years following that a new born in the same category can expect to live 78 years.

The bible is the biggest crock of bullshit known to man. If you accept any of it you are doing the same thing people do when they believe their neighbor was whisked away by aliens and taken to an unknown planet for extensive medical examination.

The only reference for the bible is the bible...unless you've just discovered something none of the rest of the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

Damn funny that in recorded history the only place you can show that people lived longer is in the bible. For instance, when I was born in 1934 the life expectancy of a White male was 61 years. During the 77 years following that a new born in the same category can expect to live 78 years.

The bible is the biggest crock of bullshit known to man. If you accept any of it you are doing the same thing people do when they believe their neighbor was whisked away by aliens and taken to an unknown planet for extensive medical examination.

The only reference for the bible is the bible...unless you've just discovered something none of the rest of the world has ever seen.

The teachings of Jesus are not a crock.

I once asked my grandfather how he'd made it through two world wars, the depression and a lot of other trials. He said, "The Bible, my boy. Time and again it says, 'and it came to pass'. But never once will you find it saying, 'and it came to stay'." :D

The teachings of Jesus are not a crock.

The basics of Jesus and the origin was told numerous times all over N. Africa and the middle east beginning 3000 years before Jesus was born. The son of god, born of a virgin, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. is the Jewish version.....which they no longer believe themselves

Horseshit is horseshit and religion is the biggest lie of all. Thank all that's practical it's on a steep decline.

Forum List

Back