Who Would Vote For This Again?

and when a republican president asked democratic congress to look into potential issues
When was this? Link?
I find it interesting that you had no idea.

Here are the GWB administration archives......highlighting his warnings to congress.

Setting the Record Straight Six Years of Unheeded Warnings for GSE Reform

Here is a snippet...

• February: The President's FY05 Budget again highlights the risk posed by the explosive growth of the GSEs and their low levels of required capital and calls for creation of a new, world-class regulator: "The Administration has determined that the safety and soundness regulators of the housing GSEs lack sufficient power and stature to meet their responsibilities, and therefore … should be replaced with a new strengthened regulator." (2005 Budget Analytic Perspectives, pg. 83)

• February: Then-CEA Chairman Mankiw cautions Congress to "not take [the financial market's] strength for granted." Again, the call from the Administration was to reduce this risk by "ensuring that the housing GSEs are overseen by an effective regulator." (N. Gregory Mankiw, Op-Ed, "Keeping Fannie And Freddie's House In Order," Financial Times, 2/24/04)

• April: Rep. Frank ignores the warnings, accusing the Administration of creating an "artificial issue." At a speech to the Mortgage Bankers Association conference, Rep. Frank said "people tend to pay their mortgages. I don't think we are in any remote danger here. This focus on receivership, I think, is intended to create fears that aren't there." ("Frank: GSE Failure A Phony Issue," American Banker, 4/21/04)

• June: Then-Treasury Deputy Secretary Samuel Bodman spotlights the risk posed by the GSEs and calls for reform, saying "We do not have a world-class system of supervision of the housing government sponsored enterprises (GSEs), even though the importance of the housing financial system that the GSEs serve demands the best in supervision to ensure the long-term vitality of that system. Therefore, the Administration has called for a new, first class, regulatory supervisor for the three housing GSEs: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banking System." (Samuel Bodman, House Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations Testimony, 6/16/04)

Funny how many of Obama's so called fuckups were fuckups that the GOP handed to him. How many times have we asked the Republicans to name something, anything that helped the majority of Americans in the last 40 years. How many things have they named? None, ziltch, nada, zero.

That is hard to do

In terms of GOP accomplishments in the last 40 years:

Supply Side economics destroying the middle class
Freezing the minimum wage
Allowing the 9-11 attacks
War in Afghanistan
War in Iraq
Torture
Nearly causing a Depression
Shutting down Government

Why? Because Republicans were not raised like you and I, they do not love America
You wrote:

War in Afghanistan
War in Iraq
Torture
Shutting down Government

Why? Because Republicans were not raised like you and I, they do not love America

I hate to, but I have to agree. How many times have they threatened to secede? How many proposals have they put forward to change the constitution they swear they love so much?
These are not people who "love" America. That fact is self evident.

Republicans hate the Constitution. That is why they always want to change it. They even want to stop We the People from electing our Senators

Republicans were raised to hate the people....they are not like you and I

Everything you post....everything.....reeks with the same truth as your avi.

I just don't understand Republicans, they are not like you and I

Democrats are raised to love America, Republican children are raised to serve the wealthy elite

Republican children are raised to hate those children who are not as fortunate as they are. It is the poor children who are the problem in this country

"Less than Half in New Poll Think Obama Loves America"
National Review

Better late than like you.

That is hard to do

War in Afghanistan
War in Iraq
Torture
Shutting down Government

You wrote:

War in Afghanistan
War in Iraq
Torture
Shutting down Government

I hate to, but I have to agree. How many times have they threatened to secede? How many proposals have they put forward to change the constitution they swear they love so much?

Republicans hate the Constitution. That is why they always want to change it. They even want to stop We the People from electing our Senators

Democrats are raised to love America, Republican children are raised to serve the wealthy elite

Republican children are raised to hate those children who are not as fortunate as they are. It is the poor children who are the problem in this country

National Review

Low information voters

You wrote:

War in Afghanistan
War in Iraq
Torture
Shutting down Government

National Review

Low information voters

More along these lines:

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln

National Review

Low information voters

More along these lines:

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice......um.....um .....won't get fooled again"- George W Buh

It would ALL be worse under McCain or Romney.

We will never know if it would have been better or worse. McCain/Palin was a bad ticket. Romney would have been a very good president because he understands how to run a business and how to manage money.

But you fools gave obozo 8 years and we are all stuck with your mistake.

I guess that means he would have moved our Treasury to the Caymans so it could join his money?

Mitt Romney has been essentially unemployed for about 20 years now (counting his retroactive retirement). You're, as always, full of shit.

I would vote for Obama again without hesitation. I'm very proud of my choice and with each passing day, it becomes more and more vivid that America made the best choice in 08 an 12

Attacked and destroyed by Obama

1. World's best health care.
2. U.S. credit rating.
3. Race relations.
4. Standard of living.
5. U.S. military capability.
6. Winning the war on terror.
7. Trust by friendly countries.
8. Fear by adversaries.
9. Deference to Constitution.
10. Respect for the rule of law.

And...

11. The value of the dollar off more than 28% from the value of the dollar when President Obama acceded to the White House
Krugman s Tea Party - The New York Sun

I would vote for Obama again without hesitation. I'm very proud of my choice and with each passing day, it becomes more and more vivid that America made the best choice in 08 an 12
Per politicalchics post # 124 in this thread....

"(A)You can fool all the people some of the time, (B) and some of the people all the time, (C) but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln

It is quite obvious you fall into category (B).

We will never know if it would have been better or worse. McCain/Palin was a bad ticket. Romney would have been a very good president because he understands how to run a business and how to manage money.

I guess that means he would have moved our Treasury to the Caymans so it could join his money?

Mitt Romney has been essentially unemployed for about 20 years now (counting his retroactive retirement). You're, as always, full of shit.
That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

Per politicalchics post # 124 in this thread....

"(A)You can fool all the people some of the time, (B) and some of the people all the time, (C) but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln

It is quite obvious you fall into category (B).

Which one of Romney and/or McCain's policies would have changed the course of history? None.

The GOP wants to return to a time when your rights were subject to a popular vote. Rights that are subject to vote are not rights; they are priviliges. That; in and of itself, makes Obama a superior choice.

As for quoting Poltical hick...that is evidence enough that you should have your head examined.

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

That is where Romney has his money...in the Caymans. That is not spin...its what we liberals call facts. Try using them.

Mitt Romney has been essentially unemployed for about 20 years. Please tell us where he has "worked" since 1995. He retroactively retired from his last "job". These are facts.

The only thing weak around here is your mind.

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

That is where Romney has his money...in the Caymans. That is not spin...its what we liberals call facts. Try using them.

Mitt Romney has been essentially unemployed for about 20 years. Please tell us where he has "worked" since 1995. He retroactively retired from his last "job". These are facts.

There are actually morons who respond in the predicted knee-jerk to terms like "Cayman," as though that meant hiding anything.

It doesn't.

In 2010, the IRS and theTreasury Department passed legislation called the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), and those regulations will force many foreign banks to divulge the identities and account information of U.S. customers with sizeable offshore accounts that until now may have remained hidden for decades. Some parts of the legislation won't take effect for a few years, but this year, many American expatriates must divulge personal information about their overseas accounts to the IRS.
How the IRS Plans to Track Down Secret Offshore Accounts Investing Answers

The Cayman Islands used to be known as a “tax haven,” a place where people could set up an account with a friendly banker whose lips were sealed. However, tax experts, say in 2009 the Caymans agreed to exchange tax information with at least a dozen IRS-type organizations around the world. Suddenly, it became more difficult to hide assets or income and some banks actually shut down their operations on its sunny shores. Why does Mitt Romney have money in the Caymans Two potential reasons. - CSMonitor.com

This is what conservatives call facts. Try using them.

Your mind isn't weak....it's MIA.

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

There are actually morons who respond in the predicted knee-jerk to terms like "Cayman," as though that meant hiding anything.

It doesn't.

In 2010, the IRS and theTreasury Department passed legislation called the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), and those regulations will force many foreign banks to divulge the identities and account information of U.S. customers with sizeable offshore accounts that until now may have remained hidden for decades. Some parts of the legislation won't take effect for a few years, but this year, many American expatriates must divulge personal information about their overseas accounts to the IRS.

The Cayman Islands used to be known as a “tax haven,” a place where people could set up an account with a friendly banker whose lips were sealed. However, tax experts, say in 2009 the Caymans agreed to exchange tax information with at least a dozen IRS-type organizations around the world. Suddenly, it became more difficult to hide assets or income and some banks actually shut down their operations on its sunny shores. Why does Mitt Romney have money in the Caymans Two potential reasons. - CSMonitor.com

Facts? So what you'd have us believe is that Governor Romney from Mass or Michigan or Utah or where ever he was claiming to be from, keeps his money offshore for the sake of convenience? That (and your looks) are just two of the many reasons to laugh at you porky...

You simply can't trust Romney or any conservative.

Here is Romney's explanation:

“First of all, there was no reduction, not one dollar of reduction in taxes, by virtue of having an account in Switzerland or a Cayman Islands investment. Those — the dollars of taxes remained exactly the same. There was no tax savings at all. And the conduct of the trustee in making investments was entirely consistent with U.S. law and all the taxes paid were those legally owed and there was no tax savings by virtue of those entities.”

This was told to a Fox Commentator--"we report, you decide". So the decision made by the American people was that you can't trust him.

Seriously....why would you keep money off shore if it wasn't for tax savings...?

Put on your tap shoes beeotch...it's time to dance.

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

It doesn't.

Facts? So what you'd have us believe is that Governor Romney from Mass or Michigan or Utah or where ever he was claiming to be from, keeps his money offshore for the sake of convenience? That (and your looks) are just two of the many reasons to laugh at you porky...

“First of all, there was no reduction, not one dollar of reduction in taxes, by virtue of having an account in Switzerland or a Cayman Islands investment. Those — the dollars of taxes remained exactly the same. There was no tax savings at all. And the conduct of the trustee in making investments was entirely consistent with U.S. law and all the taxes paid were those legally owed and there was no tax savings by virtue of those entities.”

This was told to a Fox Commentator--"we report, you decide". So the decision made by the American people was that you can't trust him.

Seriously....why would you keep money off shore if it wasn't for tax savings...?

why would one keep money off shore?

Because the FDIC only insures deposits up to 250K......those with larger sums of money tend to keep it in a more secure financial environment. It is commonplace. Soros no doubtedly does it. I have no doubt Kerry does it.

There are no more tax benefits with off shore accounts. They have been eliminated. Know your history of tax shelters....they don't exist anymore. One must break the law to have one.....and nowhere did I hear he broke the law...for if he did, it would have been outed.

Oh yeah...and just an FYI.....those "hidden accounts" off shore were not hidden accounts as Reid referred to them. If they were hidden, they would not have been identified.

You are a tool. They know you are an idiot so they tell you things that they know you will believe no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

It doesn't.

" So what you'd have us believe blah blah blah....."

"...us...."

Some group assigned you the task of speaking for them?

Why is it you Liberals are so afraid to stand up for yourself?

Just one more difference between Liberals and conservatives.

1. Gustave Le Bon, in his groundbreaking 1896 book, “The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind,” was the first to identify the phenomenon of mass psychology. Both Hitler and Mussolini used his book to understand how to incite a mob.
a. Gustave was the second to bring up mass psychology, the first "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" was published in 1841 and was written by the Scottish journalist (back when they actually did real journalism) Charles Mackay, which exposed mass psychosis for the first time..... accounts of classic scams, grand-scale madness, and deceptions.
Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of CrowdsbyCharles MacKay

But then again, Candycorn, you were one of those people that argued that it made sense that there were no back up tapes for the IRS emails.
So as I said, you are one of those tools the democrats count on to ignore basic logic and go with whatever they say....no matter HOW ridiculous it sounds.

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

It doesn't.

why would one keep money off shore?

Because the FDIC only insures deposits up to 250K......those with larger sums of money tend to keep it in a more secure financial environment. It is commonplace. Soros no doubtedly does it. I have no doubt Kerry does it.

So Mittens is worried about bank robberies and banks failing....so he goes to the Caymans for security reasons. Is that what you're trying to sell now? A third reason to giggle at the tap dancers....

As for the FDIC...you open a second account at another bank...you needn't go to the Cayman Islands.

There are no more tax benefits with off shore accounts. They have been eliminated. Know your history of tax shelters....they don't exist anymore. One must break the law to have one.....and nowhere did I hear he broke the law...for if he did, it would have been outed.

Of course he only released one tax return and told us about the rest.

Are you done trying to sell crazy?

That's all you got?
Hyperbole and spin?
Weak.

It doesn't.

" So what you'd have us believe blah blah blah....."

"...us...."

Some group assigned you the task of speaking for them?

Why is it you Liberals are so afraid to stand up for yourself?

Just one more difference between Liberals and conservatives.

1. Gustave Le Bon, in his groundbreaking 1896 book, “The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind,” was the first to identify the phenomenon of mass psychology. Both Hitler and Mussolini used his book to understand how to incite a mob.
a. Gustave was the second to bring up mass psychology, the first "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" was published in 1841 and was written by the Scottish journalist (back when they actually did real journalism) Charles Mackay, which exposed mass psychosis for the first time..... accounts of classic scams, grand-scale madness, and deceptions.
Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of CrowdsbyCharles MacKay

Gee, I didn't know they had tap shoes that could fit your hooves. Apparently they do.

But then again, Candycorn, you were one of those people that argued that it made sense that there were no back up tapes for the IRS emails.
Quote me motherfucker. Oh yeah...you can't...can you. Shut the fuck up then.

I'm the one that said that the IRS and VA scandals are REAL scandals and that people need to spend a lot of time in a very small cell due to them. I'm one of the few liberals who criticized Obama about this.

There are only two real scandals.

VA and IRS

I will say that these are the 2 scandals we know about. I shudder to think about what we don't know and what hasn't blown up (yet).
Obama's management style leaves a lot to be desired.
I would count the Secret Service episodes as well but that only affects a few people. His administration's mis-management of the IRS and VA are criminal acts and people should be spending time in jail.

I would call it criminal behavior; not incompetence. Whoever lied on government documents concerning the care our veterans receive or didn't receive deserves to be put in a small cell for a very long time.

ABC News is reporting that bank ATM fees and fees for checking accounts are going up.
We were sold a bill of goods that there were banks that were too big to fail--8 of these banks are US Based:
The 29 Global Banks That Are Too Big To Fail - Forbes

In TARP, according to Wiki; $245B of the $700B was handed out to the US banks that are now raising fees based on their being too big to fail.

Guess what; they're still too big to fail.

Obama voted for TARP; these institutions should be broken up. This isn't some esoteric battle of conscience; it's freakin plain as day.

Forum List

Back