Who Will Win 2nd GOP Presidential Debate?

Who Will Win the Debate?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michele Bachmann

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Tim Pawlenty

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

GeoLaureate8

Nobody
May 22, 2011
Sin City
Based on debate skill, rhetoric, crowd control, and persuasive abilities, who will win the 2nd GOP Presidential debate?

Mitt Romney: Not a very energetic or engaging speaker. He doesn't stand for anything, he has no convictions. Looks like slippery businessman politician with a bland style of speech.

Herman Cain: Excellent speaker. Great at rhetoric, but at times can be overkill with the rhetoric (i.e. the ad hominem acronyms like SIN to describe Liberals). He'll likely do very well in the debate overall.

Ron Paul: Probably the most knowledgable on socio-political and economic theory and can make anyone of them look like a fool. He is an energetic and persuasive speaker. He is great at mocking his opponents and making them look like anti-freedom dictators. He speaks in a tone a voice that convinces you that the positions of the other candidates are absurd, unreasonable, and misguided. Simply put, Ron Paul will be the clear winner of this debateas he has in the past 30 years of debating.

Rick Santorum: Really good concise speaker, but not very powerful, albeit he can be persuasive and use rhetoric to get an applause. He'll fair decently in this debate but won't win.

Michele Bachmann: Does not sound intellectual at all when she speaks. Probably not a great debater and is prone to making gaffs. I doubt she'll do well.

Newt Gingrich: Boring. No firm stances. Doesn't stand for anything. His campaign is practically over, he should give it up.

Tim Pawlenty: A dull and boring speaker. Not great at rhetoric. Comes off as average. Doubtful that he'll do well.

Last edited:
I don't care and I'd be surprised if any of the current crop actually gets the nominaton

The debate is tonight on CNN at 8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific.

After the debate is over, this thread will be used to discuss who won and if your choice actually came out as the winner.

The debates are only good for getting soundbytes. It doesn't matter who looks good or who is most articulate. It's just a game for the political elites.

That's what's important... who can speak the best. Intellect be damned, we need another orator. Cuz the current one is working out real well.

Why's it matter? Neo con and their tools in the media have already chosen Romney as their candidate its justa matter of waiting now.

The debates are only good for getting soundbytes. It doesn't matter who looks good or who is most articulate.

Political analysts say it could make or break candidates. Just look what the first debate did for Herman Cain. No one even knew who he was til he gave a great performance in the first debate. This also gives the other long-shot candidates a chance to prove themselves as different than the rest and a good choice.

As for the front-runners, they have nothing to gain and much to lose. If Romney gets slaughtered in this debate and Gingrich fails, expect both of their campaigns to be damaged greatly. This also gives the strong candidates like Ron Paul and Herman Cain a chance to knock out the front runners and emerge as a front-runner themselves.

These debates certainly determine who will get the party nomination to proceed into the one on one Presidential debates.

It's just a game for the political elites.

That makes no sense. What do the political elites gain from this? If anything, these debates are the biggest threat to the establishment because the candidates have to prove themselves and be judged on their own merits rather than corporate funding, propoganda, and media manipulation.

That's what's important... who can speak the best. Intellect be damned, we need another orator. Cuz the current one is working out real well.

This thread is about who will win the debate. Intellect alone can't win a debate. You have to be able to convey your point properly and convincingly.

But if you haven't noticed, I didn't allude to intellect except in the case of Ron Paul because he is the only true intellectual up there. I do agree with you however, that intellect is definitely important but it's not the only thing. Intellect can also be used to destroy this country, just like Obama did.

The Pentagon knows about these kinds of important national matters!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many not notice too much in New Hampshire! Look for $6.6 bil. cash in Iraq instead--being Party Faithful!)

Why's it matter? Neo con and their tools in the media have already chosen Romney as their candidate its justa matter of waiting now.

Yes, you are correct that the Illuminati has indeed chose Romney as the next President of the United States, but that doesn't mean we can't defeat the Illuminati. Ron Paul has gained so much momentum and so much media attention despite the media's attempt to silence and ignore him. When you have a voice and a message as powerful as Ron Pauls, it's hard to silence it.

No one has cast a single ballot. we have no clue who the candidate will be.

Is there even one scheduled yet?

Sounds like you already have chosen one.

It's tonight--Monday on CNN. I want to see Michelle Bachman run away with this one. Ron Paul--I have always liked--but let's face it--he again has shot himself in the foot by stating that we shouldn't have gone after Bin Laden in Pakistan.

So--for the Tea Party--considering Ron Paul was ahead--it is now Michelle Bachman. She has stood up against the rinos of this party--and that's what I like about her.

Forum List

Back