Who Will Win 2nd GOP Presidential Debate?

Who Will Win the Debate?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michele Bachmann

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Tim Pawlenty

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
It's possible that everything you say about Ron Paul is true. But what else is true is that he was born in 1935. He will be 77 yr old in 2012. That is far too old to win the election.

Then Romney is too Mormon to win the election.

Cain is too black to win the election.

Bachmann is too feminine to win the election.

Santorum is too socially Conservative to win the election.

Gingrich has too many sex scandals to win the election.

Pawlenty is not well-known enough to win the election.

its going to be really funny stuff to watch.

Who will be the attack dog in the pack?

its going to be really funny stuff to watch.

Who will be the attack dog in the pack?

Ron Paul. Just look how he slaughtered Romney, McCain, and Huckabee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFFb9m9SCio]YouTube - ‪Ron Paul Slams John McCain and Mitt Romney on Foreign Policy‬‏[/ame]

After this snoozefest, Obama will be the clear winner

It's possible that everything you say about Ron Paul is true. But what else is true is that he was born in 1935. He will be 77 yr old in 2012. That is far too old to win the election.

Then Romney is too Mormon to win the election.

Cain is too black to win the election.

Bachmann is too feminine to win the election.

Santorum is too socially Conservative to win the election.

Gingrich has too many sex scandals to win the election.

Pawlenty is not well-known enough to win the election.

:lol: Oh come on Geo...you can do better then that. One of the reasons that McCain did so poorly was his age. To vote for a man that is 77 yrs old is more of a gamble then anything else.

But the debate has just started so lets see how the old man does.

I have to say Ron Paul's first response was pretty good. "That's a tough question".

I like how the candidates are not going at each other but focusing on the President. It's a good way to keep us from being divided.

:lol: Oh come on Geo...you can do better then that. One of the reasons that McCain did so poorly was his age. To vote for a man that is 77 yrs old is more of a gamble then anything else.

Yeah, McCain did so poorly that he won the Republican nomination.

I like Newt's ideas with the Space program.

I am also noticing that Pawlenty is getting favored with alot of questions and immediate responses.

I would like it is presidential ballots had an option for no leader. I don't want to be lead. I understand that you cannot vote, but I would like to see how having the option of not choosing as leader would do on the ballot, because I would chose that one.

Oops sorry, I thought you were interested in winning the general election. I didn't realize you were only considering the nomination.

Independents sure seemed to like Cain's response on feeling uncomfortable with Muslims in his administrations.

After listening to the "great orator" Obama, umm, ahh, errr and ehh his, um um ahh err, way, through ah um, every, um ah, Press conference, for the last uh, um ,err, eh, two and um ah err eh, half um, ah, years. I am thrilled with all of the candidates. :lol:

Oops sorry, I thought you were interested in winning the general election. I didn't realize you were only considering the nomination.

You seriously think McCain's age cost him the election? McCain just sucked and Obama was more eloquent plus they painted McCain as a continuation of Bush. The reason why people think McCain's age mattered was because he was out of touch with modern technology and the young crowd.

Ron Paul doesn't have the same difficulty because Ron Paul has probably the largest base of young supporters than any other candidate ever. Plus, Ron Paul is known for being an Internet phenomenon, so he is not at all painted as someone who is an old geiser who knows nothing about technology and the young people.

I watched the entire campaign and would have to say Bachmann won it in my opinion. I love the fact she finally announced. Cain did very well as did Paul and Gingrich. I think Gingrich got his campaign back on track and I think Paul came across not as "nutty" as some have said he comes across as. I believe he has a good chance at the nomination if he doesn't get it only other one I would consider voting for would be Bachmann or Johnson.

Independents sure seemed to like Cain's response on feeling uncomfortable with Muslims in his administrations.

Yea...he needs to stick to his guns

Bigotry always goes over well in this country

You seriously think McCain's age cost him the election? McCain just sucked and Obama was more eloquent plus they painted McCain as a continuation of Bush. The reason why people think McCain's age mattered was because he was out of touch with modern technology and the young crowd.

Ron Paul doesn't have the same difficulty because Ron Paul has probably the largest base of young supporters than any other candidate ever. Plus, Ron Paul is known for being an Internet phenomenon, so he is not at all painted as someone who is an old geiser who knows nothing about technology and the young people.

The Maverick McCain of 2000 could have won the election. The 2008 McCain came off as old and tired and too entrenched with the radical right

My take

Bachmann, Newt, and Paul helped themselves.

Bachmann will get a better look now, and the media will blast her as a religious Zealot attempting to institute a theocratic regime. She'll rize some until the "scrutiny" turns to outright criticism.

Newt stopped the bleeding, he may even get a small boost. he has to follow up with a lot of activity.

Paul will get some support and the media will treat him with kid gloves because leftists actually like him.

Romney and Santorum did no harm.

Romney's canned answers offering nothing in the way of solutions is politics as usual. It sounds good and sounds like he's saying something... but he's not. Ifr his objective was to "do no harm" and ride it out, he achieved it.

Santorum was santorum. If you like him he did good, if you don't you won't because of this.

Pawlenty and Cain bombed.

Pawlenty showed himself to be a gutless politician skilled at politspeak. he not only said nothing but obviously pandered... badly.

Cain showed himself to be the flavor of the weekIi said he was befor. Light on specifics, light on policy, not ready for prime time and unserious. His only good answer was his first one.

Forum List

Back