Who will the Dems run in 2024?

Here's where your problem lies.

If the Republicans nominate someone who is a slap in the face to the 74 million little Trumpsters, Brandon will coast to victory and you won't get rid of the santa clause dems in the WH. I just don't see how there are enough anti-trump votes out there to elect Hogan or Cassady or one of the Bushes or Cheneys.
Well I'm not saying who the candidate should be. Just that it shouldn't be any trump.

Trie, there are lots of Trump supporters. But Trump has also turned off millions of people. Loads of them in his own party.

Lots of Independents also will never again vote for trump. I'm one of them.

If Trump is the GOP candidate, that will chase huge numbers to vote for (any) alternative. Imo, the GOP would be giving the win to democrats. Trump has far too much negative baggage. And loads of people won't be able, or willing, to overlook it. Trump is his own worst enemy.

Well I'm not saying who the candidate should be. Just that it shouldn't be any trump.

Trie, there are lots of Trump supporters. But Trump has also turned off millions of people. Loads of them in his own party.

If Trump is the GOP candidate, that will chase huge numbers to vote for (any) alternative. Imo, the GOP would be giving the win to democrats. Trump has far too much negative baggage. And loads of people won't be able, or willing, to overlook it. Trump is his own worst enemy.

Maybe your right, and it is hopeless and millions of independents hate the 74 million little Trumpsters more than they hate the mess that Brandon is making . But its still a long way to the election, and there really isn't a limit to how much the Biden-Harris duo can screw up and maybe the independents can put their hatred on the back burner until them. Otherwise, we are looking at Trump in 2028 I guess.

Here's where your problem lies.

If the Republicans nominate someone who is a slap in the face to the 74 million little Trumpsters, Brandon will coast to victory and you won't get rid of the santa clause dems in the WH. I just don't see how there are enough anti-trump votes out there to elect Hogan or Cassady or one of the Bushes or Cheneys.
Spot on. The next GOP nominee will either be a Trumper* or a Never Trumper.

If it is a Trumper, the Trump voters will go to the polls in droves. If it's a Never Trumper, the Trumpets will stay home or vote for an obscure independent, suspecting cheating by the establishment.

*I include Trump as a Trumper.

You voted for trump?

I find that hard to believe

We which of his policies did you like and which ones do you not like?

You voted for trump?

I find that hard to believe

We which of his policies did you like and which ones do you not like?
I apologize for the lack of clarity. I wrote the post quickly, right before going to bed. Lol.

I did not vote for trump. No way I could follow someone like him.

But I meant that a lot of Indies who DID vote for Trump the first time, have now learned so many horrible things about him that they would probably NOT be able to vote for Trump in 2024.

Imo, we do have to get rid of biden, but Trump is a non-starter. I could never vote for any trump candidate.

There HAS to be a better GOP candidate available.

I apologize for the lack of clarity. I wrote the post quickly, right before going to bed. Lol.

I did not vote for trump. No way I could follow someone like him.

But I meant that a lot of Indies who DID vote for Trump the first time, have now learned so many horrible things about him that they would probably NOT be able to vote for Trump in 2024.

Imo, we do have to get rid of biden, but Trump is a non-starter. I could never vote for any trump candidate.

There HAS to be a better GOP candidate available.
Why did indies - who I usually refer to as Tweeners - vote for trump to begin with?

and why do they hate him now?

did they change their mind about the policies he advocated?

meaning are they now for instead of against open borders and 2 million uninvited poor people to flood the US?

Why did indies - who I usually refer to as Tweeners - vote for trump to begin with?

meaning are they now for instead of against open borders and 2 million uninvited poor people to flood the US?
Good questions. Some of them might have been swayed by the relentless Russia gate investigation and coverage.

But now that we know Russia gate was a Hillary scam all along they will sway back.

Last edited:
I think it will be Joseph Stalin.

All the leftists love his politics, none are smart enough to notice that he is dead, and besides - he is certainly just as popular among the dead as old Joe proved to be.

My left testicle would beat Trump even without a manscape. Trump lost to Biden. Biden is an elderly gaffe machine that doesn’t inspire in speeches and he killed Trump. Demolished him. Hell, even Hillary would beat him this time around.

I think Roy Cooper has a shot.

I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself. But, like most people on this board, I'm a politics junkie.

Imo, Trump has turned off millions of voters. Over the last six years they've had countless opportunities to see, and hear (in trump's own words) what an incredibly hateful and vile human being he truly is. And we've all seen how Trump turns against ANYONE, even people who have been devoted supporters, if they show the slightest sign of thinking for themselves. I just happen to believe Trump is a truly dangerous man - like a Ghadafi wannabe.

I liked trump's stance on immigration. And that's a huge issue for me (and it's a BIG Biden failure). But even that is not enough to make me vote for trump.

As I said, Trump is his own worst enemy. He's forever showing the world how incredibly self-centered and HATEFUL he is.

I want Biden out. But I also want a Republican prez candidate I can respect and believe in. That is NOT trump.

It depends, their only real chance is IF Biden reverses his energy policy and somehow is able to thwart Putin, they will run him. If not, then Hillary will rear her ugly head once again.

I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself. But, like most people on this board, I'm a politics junkie.

Imo, Trump has turned off millions of voters. Over the last six years they've had countless opportunities to see, and hear (in trump's own words) what an incredibly hateful and vile human being he truly is. And we've all seen how Trump turns against ANYONE, even people who have been devoted supporters, if they show the slightest sign of thinking for themselves. I just happen to believe Trump is a truly dangerous man - like a Ghadafi wannabe.

I liked trump's stance on immigration. And that's a huge issue for me (and it's a BIG Biden failure). But even that is not enough to make me vote for trump.

As I said, Trump is his own worst enemy. He's forever showing the world how incredibly self-centered and HATEFUL he is.

I want Biden out. But I also want a Republican prez candidate I can respect and believe in. That is NOT trump.
Nonsense, Trump was thrust into a far-left den of bureaucratic snakes that inhabit D.C. Snakes don't like folks disturbing their dens. Vetting them out is the job of a President and perfectly legal. Trump had a rough NY edge and made 'mean tweets' that had these little lily lefties clutching their pearls.

It depends, their only real chance is IF Biden reverses his energy policy and somehow is able to thwart Putin, they will run him. If not, then Hillary will rear her ugly head once again.
I'm worried.

America always seemed to be a vibrant, "can do" country. But, for many years now we've been stuck in retread mode. Going from one geriatric nightmare to another - seemingly unable to get off the treadmill.

We could REALLY use some young blood and fresh faces. I'm sick of seeing the same old clowns, over and over...

Nonsense, Trump was thrust into a far-left den of bureaucratic snakes that inhabit D.C. Snakes don't like folks disturbing their dens. Vetting them out is the job of a President and perfectly legal. Trump had a rough NY edge and made 'mean tweets' that had these little lily lefties clutching their pearls.
Your mind is sealed shut - like an ancient tomb. Probably forever. You'll experience no growth as long as that remains the case.

Have a nice day.

Who would you suggest the GOP put up instead?

Don Jr.?

Jared?

Melania (if they find her birth certificate and discover she was actually born in Green Bay or someplace else in America?
DeSantis would be a damn good choice. He led the Free State of Florida through the pandemic and life here was almost normal.

DeSantis would also make a great VP if Trump is the Republcian candidate.

DeSantis would be a damn good choice. He led the Free State of Florida through the pandemic and life here was almost normal.

DeSantis would also make a great VP if Trump is the Republcian candidate.

At the very least, Trump would have to change his voter registration if he took DeSantis as VP.

Your mind is sealed shut - like an ancient tomb. Probably forever. You'll experience no growth as long as that remains the case.

Have a nice day.
Talking about yourself again, like most Marxist narcissists.

So, your only complaint against trump is his personality

I like his policies too

and thats why I am a trump voter

Forum List

Back