Votes: 5 55.6%
  • LBJ

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • FDR

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Geeze I'd run with all of the above. I'll put Woodrow Wilson up there if I have to pick just one.

Woodrow Wilson and Race in America

Woodrow Wilson and Race in America | American Experience | PBS

Woodrow Wilson's record on race relations was not very good. African Americans welcomed his election in 1912, but they were worried too. During his first term in office, the House passed a law making racial intermarriage a felony in the District of Columbia. His new Postmaster General also ordered that his Washington offices be segregated, with the Treasury and Navy soon doing the same. Suddenly, photographs were required of all applicants for federal jobs. When pressed by black leaders, Wilson replied, "The purpose of these measures was to reduce the friction. It is as far as possible from being a movement against the Negroes. I sincerely believe it to be in their interest."

LBJ gets my vote. He re-enslaved blacks through welfare and destroyed their family unit. They're no better off in American society today than they were when they were in chains.

Trump.

No other president has said Nazis are fine people.

Give specific examples to back up your choice

Here is a nice little story that cements Wilson as the sole leader of the pack.

President Woodrow Wilson And His Racist Legacy - The Atlantic

William Trotter was a Civil Rights advocate for Blacks during that time and he put is support behind Wilson because he was promised by him to help with the issue.

However, once elected Wilson angrily dismissed him publically. His only regret was that he did it publically instead of lying to him again for promises that he knew would never come and then sending him away quietly.

Nothing really changes. It reminds me of the secret e-mail given to DNC operatives who were told to not promise Black Lives Matter anything, even though they were told to verbalize support.

Last edited:
Now for the zinger! Top 10 racist quotes by Wilson. I defy anyone to find anything remotely comparable to LBJ or FDR

#1. “The white men were roused by a mere instinct of self-preservation—until at last there had sprung into existence a great Ku Klux Klan, a veritable empire of the South, to protect the Southern country.”

#2. “Segregation is not a humiliation but a benefit, and ought to be so regarded by you gentlemen.”

#3. “If the colored people made a mistake in voting for me, they ought to correct it.”

#5. “[Reconstruction government was detested] not because the Republican Party was dreaded but because the dominance of an ignorant and inferior race was justly dreaded.”

#6. “Off by themselves with only a white supervisor, blacks would not be forced out of their jobs by energetic white employees.”

#7. “The whole temper and tradition of the place [Princeton] are such that no Negro has ever applied for admission, and it seems unlikely that the question will ever assume practical form.”

#9. “In the matter of Chinese and Japanese coolie immigration, I stand for the national policy of exclusion. We cannot make a homogenous population out of people who do not blend with the Caucasian race… Oriental Coolieism will give us another race problem to solve and surely we have had our lesson.”

#10. “Now came multitudes of men of the lowest class from the south of Italy, and men of the meaner sort out of Hungary and Poland, men out of the ranks, where there was neither skill nor energy nor any initiative of quick intelligence, and they came in numbers which increased from year to year, as if the countries of the south of Europe were disburdening themselves of the more sordid and hapless elements of their population.”

Give specific examples to back up your choice

President Woodrow Wilson And His Racist Legacy - The Atlantic
As president, Wilson oversaw unprecedented segregation in federal offices. It’s a shameful side to his legacy that came to a head one fall afternoon in 1914 when he threw the civil-rights leader William Monroe Trotter out of the Oval Office.
Up to this time, Racial disparity was almost all removed from the US, except for the pockets of racist KKK members(southern white Democrats) who attacked and intimidated the blacks who just wanted to be treated equal. Woodrow decided to have a movie showing and called forth this to be first shown in the White House. He also set back 45 years by segregating the water fountains and bathrooms. What a guy.

Also Woody, decided to us Propaganda on the people, which led to Joseph Goebbel's learning of it, and then taking to the next step.

Bernays' Ideas on Propaganda Continue to Haunt Americans

Forum List

Back