who speaks for the democrat party?

Yep.

Problem with this prez is that the inauguration address he reportedly wrote was a completely disjointed laundry litany of wannabe memorable quote lines, kinda like a song desperately searching for a hook.

The schlubb would look like the incompetent nincompoop he is if he didn't have a Svengali writing his boilerplate.

He's a completely different speaker without the tele. He rambles, he speaks very slowly, he seems lost sometimes, he's certainly not on fire like he is with the words being fed to him. And he uses a lot of "uhhhhh"s and "ummmmm"s. Anyone who's ever taken a public speaking course knows that those are no-no's.

Saying "uhhhhhh" while you're speaking professionally is a turn off in my opinion. I'll give it to him though, he's 1000 times better than Bush. Of course, that's not really saying much.

Well, at least someone gets it. :)

I'd at least be cool with the prez standing up there with some notes in hand, that HE WROTE. I don't mind seeing the prez look down at some scribble to keep up. But to have your whole speech written out for you and fed to you through adjacent teleprompters? It's like some shit out of 1984.

How do you get fired up over a speech that's literally FED to the president?

Just another reason why I liked Ron Paul. Not the greatest orator, but every word was via his own thoughts.

You would not be cool with it. Besides, you Repubs don't get to decide, you had your chance as the deciders and screwed it up. If he wants to use a teleprompter, that's the way it is going to be.

You would not be cool with it. Besides, you Repubs don't get to decide, you had your chance as the deciders and screwed it up. If he wants to use a teleprompter, that's the way it is going to be.
I'm not a republican, and you know it.

And even though Shrubbie wasn't anything to brag about in the public speaking arena, he didn't carry out any pretense that he was.....Unlike the current occupant of the WH.

And even though Shrubbie wasn't anything to brag about in the public speaking arena, he didn't carry out any pretense that he was.....Unlike the current occupant of the WH.

Not only is Obama a good speaker, he's very informed and thoughtful. It's insulting to him that you would even attempt to make the comparison.

I didn't think you were a repub but sometimes you seriously come across that way.

n.

I didn't think you were a repub but sometimes you seriously come across that way.

Just out of curiosity, how so? I get the impression from Dude's posts that he has just as much disdain for the Republicans as he does for the Democrats and I have not detected any inconsistancy in that attitude, can you explain your assertion in more detail?

Not only is Obama a good speaker, he's very informed and thoughtful. It's insulting to him that you would even attempt to make the comparison.

he's a mediocre speaker-at best.

n.

Just out of curiosity, how so? I get the impression from Dude's posts that he has just as much disdain for the Republicans as he does for the Democrats and I have not detected any inconsistancy in that attitude, can you explain your assertion in more detail?

You can look through some of his posts if it is important to you. He hates Democrats a lot more than Republicans, imo.

Agreed, if you want to hear a politician that knows how to speak in public, articulate, intelligent and charismatic, listen to Daniel Hannan sometime... I just wish he was on our side of the pond.

Here's a sample:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs]YouTube - Daniel Hannan MEP: The devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Government[/ame]

the left seems to obsessed over who does or does not speak for the republican party.....who does the democrat party say speaks for them?

Obama...

ok....then whenever obama speaks, it is for the democrat party...

sweet, then the democrat party is for FISA, after promising they would not vote for it....etc....

we now can say that whatever obama speaks/does, so does the democrat party, you heard it, from nik's own post

Congratulations on being purposefully dishonest.

That one is the head of a party does not mean ones every statement represents that party.

When he first started campaigning, he wasn't great. He's much better now. Perhaps mediocre to you but considering even the last 5 Republican president's speaking abilities compared to the last 5 Democrats, Dems win hands down.

That includes Carter and Reagan.

Obama speaks on behalf of the United States, but he is not the head of either party. As I've said before, there is no one person that speaks for any party. There is simply too much diversity for that to be possible.

nik says you're wrong buddy

nik says obama speaks for the democrats

nik is always right

the above is a logic game, nik likes logic games since he claims to teach the lsat....why don't you tell me the flaw in niks logic

There isn't a flaw in my logic. I didn't use logic, I made a statement of opinion.

The teleprompter.

Yay, another bullshit right-wing meme. Good to see you drinking the koolaid tho :clap2:

So you're cool with your president standing there speaking to you through two TV's?

Wouldn't it be nice to have someone up there speaking his OWN mind?

Someone writes what the president is expected to say. That's ridiculous. It's ridiculous when ANY president does it, not just a democrat.

You do know that Obama signs off on whats written on the teleprompter, yes?

You can look through some of his posts if it is important to you. He hates Democrats a lot more than Republicans, imo.
I have , interesting two people looking at the exact same thing walk away with two very different impressions... I guess that makes Dude a modern artist. :D

When he first started campaigning, he wasn't great. He's much better now. Perhaps mediocre to you but considering even the last 5 Republican president's speaking abilities compared to the last 5 Democrats, Dems win hands down.

That includes Carter and Reagan.

sure, if you say so. :lol:

ok....then whenever obama speaks, it is for the democrat party...

sweet, then the democrat party is for FISA, after promising they would not vote for it....etc....

we now can say that whatever obama speaks/does, so does the democrat party, you heard it, from nik's own post

Congratulations on being purposefully dishonest.

That one is the head of a party does not mean ones every statement represents that party.

i asked who SPEAKS for the dem party.............you said obama.....nothing dishonest about what i said at all.

Forum List

Back