Who should pay the most taxes?

no, I always call it the luxury tax

I think Trump mentioned the possibility of this, but I may be mistaken
Since esp under Pelosi there is no connection legally between money spent and money raised (ie taxes) it is likely that if taxes were expanded the average American you hop;e to help would be WORSE off.
For 3 reasons

spending hugely outstrips income already, give them wider base and things are worse. If overpending is a % of what is raised then more raised is a worse problem. So most economists peg the national debt/GDP at about 60% , it is now almost 120%

the rich can and will flee ...happened in France
More than 12,000 millionaires left France in 2016, according to research group New World Wealth. In total, they say the country experienced a net outflow of more than 60,000 millionaires between 2000 and 2016. When these people left, France lost not only the revenue generated from the wealth tax, but all the others too, including income tax and VAT.

How did they get rich? And who facilitated it?
Ask yourself why the Feds and some state govts offered millions for Amazon to locate to their area. One of the richest companies in history.
Well, on the one hand , you don't know your tax-law makers well :)
Of the 534 current members of the House and Senate, 268 had an average net worth of $1 million or more in 2012 – up from 257 members in 2011. The median net worth for members of the House and Senate was $1,008,767.

Want to stop the rich eating everybody, STOP Biden from spending your children's future. He's a monster

You won't get much push back from me on the orange's record. Your own people don't even seem to know that he put Steve Mnuchin in to run your economy.

The guy IS NOT a voo doo Reagan Economic Steward. Maybe a Clintonista without being a pervert. Your economy continues to run well after his tenure. The vitriol you people have for each other is why it took the orange to use a democrat as a manager effectively. I had believed Obama was going to finally be the leader you need to make the truly wealthy responsible for the living conditions of the middle class but he allowed it to get screwed WORSE than the Bushes.

I think the ones who should pay higher taxes are:

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats
people buying lobster every week

and I could go on and on

Food (other than that) should not be taxed. I don't think fast food should be taxed. Cigarettes should be taxed up the nose to keep people from smoking
The States should fund their ratable portion based upon their EV. No Federal income taxes

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

Food (other than that) should not be taxed. I don't think fast food should be taxed. Cigarettes should be taxed up the nose to keep people from smoking

Or, spend less, tax.everyone less, and don't get your panties in a bunch about what other people choose to buy.

You won't get much push back from me on the orange's record. Your own people don't even seem to know that he put Steve Mnuchin in to run your economy.

The guy IS NOT a voo doo Reagan Economic Steward. Maybe a Clintonista without being a pervert. Your economy continues to run well after his tenure. The vitriol you people have for each other is why it took the orange to use a democrat as a manager effectively. I had believed Obama was going to finally be the leader you need to make the truly wealthy responsible for the living conditions of the middle class but he allowed it to get screwed WORSE than the Bushes.
Capitalism isnt the perfect way to run an economy, but it has been PROVEN, to be better than any other way to run an economy. Again, did you watch the clip of Morgan Freeman yet? Or are you still too chicken to prove me right?

Our taxes are too high and our government spends too much of our money.

Capitalism isnt the perfect way to run an economy, but it has been PROVEN, to be better than any other way to run an economy. Again, did you watch the clip of Morgan Freeman yet? Or are you still too chicken to prove me right?
OK!!! Jesus Christ I'll WATCH GOD!!! Gimme a minute.

OK....

You wasted my time.

"God" was saying what I already know. I've heard and agree with almost everything "right wingers" say and claim to believe about the economy.

Yet when they have the economy to play with in their lap? I could slap elephant crap out of everyone who voted for McCain after what the Bush Aristocracy did to the entire world. Not that Obama was any better, but I had his stupid posters on my wall because I thought for sure, after all these decades, the REAL RICH were going to pay. All they did was lower the interest rates.

Now they're taking in a check as large as your entire military budget. An amount of money that literally sustains the lives of God knows how many people and machines....

That gets doled out to what? Several thousand people that own the Federal Reserve? The sort of asinine "spread the wealth around" gibberish the DNC puppets prattle on about is designed to cause more harm than good. The military budget actually employs more third world contractors and pays them very well than any of the interest paid on the debt. At least republicans could claim that as being charitable. Show me how democrats do anything good for the middle class Americans let alone third world laborers.

I'm a rational Marxist. Not an idiot.

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

I think the government should spend a lot less money and everybody should be taxed less.

That's why the advancement of communism by people who were not motivated to achieve the true objectives of the philosophy "failed". As much as the industrialist oligarchs exploited and stole the productivity of the working class, those who insisted they were fighting on behalf of the workers only sought to enrich themselves for the most part.
Wow! You really do speak Marxist!

Since esp under Pelosi there is no connection legally between money spent and money raised (ie taxes) it is likely that if taxes were expanded the average American you hop;e to help would be WORSE off.
For 3 reasons

spending hugely outstrips income already, give them wider base and things are worse. If overpending is a % of what is raised then more raised is a worse problem. So most economists peg the national debt/GDP at about 60% , it is now almost 120%

the rich can and will flee ...happened in France
More than 12,000 millionaires left France in 2016, according to research group New World Wealth. In total, they say the country experienced a net outflow of more than 60,000 millionaires between 2000 and 2016. When these people left, France lost not only the revenue generated from the wealth tax, but all the others too, including income tax and VAT.

How did they get rich? And who facilitated it?
Ask yourself why the Feds and some state govts offered millions for Amazon to locate to their area. One of the richest companies in history.
Well, on the one hand , you don't know your tax-law makers well :)
Of the 534 current members of the House and Senate, 268 had an average net worth of $1 million or more in 2012 – up from 257 members in 2011. The median net worth for members of the House and Senate was $1,008,767.

Want to stop the rich eating everybody, STOP Biden from spending your children's future. He's a monster

I'm still reading through this but wantd to comment b4 I forget

The one thing that makes me NEVER want to "over-tax" the rich (which, maybe they already are over taxed?) is this fact you mention of millionaires leaving. The dims never seem to be able to figure that one out.

All I know is that many poor people are taxed for necessities and yet Ferraris are not... (etc)

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

So basically you want people richer than you to pay more taxes.

By your logic you should be taxed more because compared to people living in a shitty apartment and riding the bus you're rich. Do you own a car or a house or have a ps5? Well you sir are rich compared to poor people and this you should have to pay more taxes.

I mean a doctor can buy a Ferrari and a mink coat, but that doesn't mean he is a millionaire. Nor does it mean he should be taxed because he can buy more expensive stuff than you.

And if people want to smoke you don't have the right to try and stop them or tell them they shouldn't smoke, nor suggest they should be taxed out of smoking. Is smoke bad for you? Yes. But so is eating junk food and drinking soft drinks, so is drinking alcohol, so is gambling, and so on. And you can't even blame 2nd hand smoke because smoking indoors aside from a private residence is damned near eliminated.

So basically you want people richer than you to pay more taxes.

Do you read anything someone says before "answering"?

I didn't say a damn thing like that. If there were a luxury tax, other taxes could be eliminated. Gee, whoda thunk?

Forum List

Back